Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

Add-ons at risk

There is already a thread about add-on compatibility, but looking at my extensive spreadsheet of add-on's there are some treasured add-on's that may never be compatible, mostly because the developer has closed.

Some have already been mentioned, but to keep a complete list in one place they are here too.

1. Dodo-sim Bell 206 - aptly named though Dodo-sim are I think hibernating rather than dead - the most dynamically accurately helicopter in FSX/P3D.
  2. Earth Simulations - ESI definitely gone, the best combined photo-scenery / autogen - far better than ORBX on a small scale but the autogen conflicts with ORBX.
  3. Real Air - also gone, some of the best GA singles and twins in FSX/P3D.
    "Realair already works in v4. There were videos showing the legacy running yesterday. The duke v2 uses a 32 bit sound gage which won't work for obvious reasons, but the aircraft itself will function fine"
  4. MilViz say they may not port the F15 or B737 (but not why not)
    "older products have outsourced code so they don't own it to recompile it in 64 bit."
  5. Razbam - absconded to DCS, Metroliner would be missed.

Any more to be concerned about?

Cheers
Keith

• Upvote 1

Realair already works in v4. There were videos showing the legacy running yesterday. The duke v2 uses a 32 bit sound gage which won't work for obvious reasons, but the aircraft itself will function fine. Hopefully there will be some smart person that can figure out the sound gage. 

Milviz were on a twitch stream last night...... I believe a lot of the older products have outsourced code so they don't own it to recompile it in 64 bit. 

The author of the sound gauge is updating it to 64 bit but he can't start working on it until the P3d V4 and FSW SDKs are released. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The author of sound gauge is updating it to 64 bit but he can't start working on it until the P3d V4 and FSW SDKs are released. 

Good to know. I use their site to download that gauge when P3Dv3 was new and RA do not update their planes yet. With new gauge they works well

There were discussions yesterday about the planes port over to v4 and the devs were saying that any birds which code isn't handled in XML will be very problematic and most likely not worth the effort. So there will be a whole bunch of products which will not be available in v4.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just a small update:

Real Air - Scout works fine except for the 32 bit sound gauge

Razbam - Metroliner works fine except for the 32 bit load manager and possibly cockpit sounds

PMDG Beech 1900 doesn't work as it's FS9, I'm pretty sure PMDG won't recreate this one...

Cheers
Keith

On 5/24/2017 at 8:34 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

The author of the sound gauge is updating it to 64 bit but he can't start working on it until the P3d V4 and FSW SDKs are released. 

Can you provide info to track, such as his website?  Thx

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The excellent RV-7 from BayTower.  I have no idea if it's coded with XML or not. The developer is definitely gone since V1, but up until now, only the transponder needed to be commented out for it to work.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I don't think the Milviz F-15 ever worked in P3D (well Perhaps V1) But the 737-200 did work in V3 and it will be a big loss if its not ported to V4. That's one of my favourites

On 24.5.2017 at 1:18 PM, keithb77 said:

1. Dodo-sim Bell 206 - aptly named though Dodo-sim are I think hibernating rather than dead - the most dynamically accurately helicopter in FSX/P3D.

Dodosim is already working on a new - P3D v4 compatible - Bell 206: DodoSim Support Forum

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

On 5/24/2017 at 5:34 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

Great news Jay please let us know when it releases and how to install!

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Shame about the Metroliner.

It sort of works...I get the flashing Power button, above the EHSI and none of the tricks I remember can clear it, also some instruments aren't working (torque, fuel) - I remember having similar problems in P3D2 but got round them.

Hopefully that is possible still. Maybe Bjoern's mods will help...

Dodosim is already working on a new - P3D v4 compatible 

Strictly they say they will endeavour to make it 64-bit compatible ... but it's good news that they are active :)

Earth Simulations

Good progress being made by Kevin et al on this :)

Cheers

Keith

I would highly appreciate the Coolsky DC-9 to be updated to P3Dv4. That aircraft was never updated for any P3D version. Recently the developer showed a little bit of interest in updating, so lets hope.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Alot fs2004 ai models,  for example htai models 

Not forgetting that tiny airport Heathrow. The busiest In the world...

14ppkc-6.png