Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

My impressions of V4 after watching AirDaily X

21 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

What about trees and building going out to the horizon, ground textures pin sharp and that does not jump out?

I highly doubt they've addressed these things, but to be perfectly honest now that we are out of the woods with the 64-bit version, which I'm sure took a lot of effort - they can finally put this to bed and keep fixing the obvious issues within the platform and by version 4.5, we should see major improvements to the areas which have been overlooked most likely due to the level of importance based on their road map.

Exciting days ahead and however you look at it, there's nothing really to whine about (I'm not saying you are ;)  )

Bring it!!!

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Bob's traditional gospel once LM rolls out new version/update. We should have got used to :-)

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I highly doubt they've addressed these things

They did address this - autogen draw distance - new functionality.

Andre

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Speed trees with  heli would be amazing?

Hm, well, the problem with speedtrees is that forests etc. look a LOT less dense. I think it looks ugly. The trees themselves are okay (although I think they move in an unrealistic way) but after seeing video's of them things just don't look right: you clearly see a LOT of generic textures with a tree here and there. The old trees were a lot better in portraying dense forests.

36 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I am sure Pete already has v4 in hand and already has a comparable FSUIP done.

Well, afaik Pete himself stated he wouldn't make a 64 bit version. So no, I wouldn't count on this.

I do not care about FSUIPC, I used only free version mostly for VAS alert and for old SPAD, but it will be replaced by SPAD.next propably.

So future without FSUIPC is very clear for me. Honestly I was avoinding addons with FSUIPC requirement as I do not want addon which rely on another addon from different author. If author die, or just stop support it, then it will stop work and I have to wait if devs will find different solution to replace their requirement. Maybe FSUIPC offers more than SimConnect, but major addons which interface P3D used sim connect (PMDG, Active Sky...)

7 minutes ago, J van E said:

Hm, well, the problem with speedtrees is that forests etc. look a LOT less dense. I think it looks ugly. The trees themselves are okay (although I think they move in an unrealistic way) but after seeing video's of them things just don't look right: you clearly see a LOT of generic textures with a tree here and there. The old trees were a lot better in portraying dense forests.

Well, afaik Pete himself stated he wouldn't make a 64 bit version. So no, I wouldn't count on this.

Using SpeedTrees autogen is optional.

Pete was quoted only that he would not make a 64 bit version of FSUIPC for DTG FSW. He also stated that if he made a new version for P3d V4 he would charge for it.  Also, members of the P3d beta team have stated publicly that  a P3d V4 version of FSUIPC  is in the works. Until  Pete returns from holiday, all this is speculation.

Hi Folks,

I'm still completely amazed every time I fire up 3.4... As it's been from day one - the Flight Sim platform has been in a constant state of evolution - I'm impressed with the stated modifications and they seem like a worthy step in the right direction... The real question - as always - is what 3rd party developers will do with these new features and modifications... Hell - I'll be happy if the 3D Lights don't have unlimited range, stop illuminating ground in daylight, and stop showing up on clouds miles away... The future seems bright...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

35 minutes ago, andreh said:

They did address this - autogen draw distance - new functionality.

Andre

Fair enough.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Coming from FSX, this new version of P3D is a no brainer decision for me.

I will finally have smooth simulation, clear textures to the horizon, no AG popping, no OOM errors with complex airliners & airports, better looking scenery, airports, & night lighting, a sim that will utilize the latest hardware & GPU, and the devs that I support are all on board supporting the platform.

These devs have generously decided to offer free updates. I'm very grateful for their generosity.

• Upvote 5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

30 minutes ago, J van E said:

The last I heard Pete said he would look into upgrading his FSUIPC to v5. He also said he would wait until P3Dv4 was released before committing to a new version. He is on vacation until the end of the week so it will be worthwhile waiting for him to make a definitive call on his next move.

It's important to let the dust settle down a bit. Some folks act as if they had been stranded on an island, with no food and water.

All of these new developments are great. But it does not mean that one must jump ship today. The good news is that one year from now things will look very different.

All the new features have yet to translate into fps performance. It may very well be that for some folks, hardware will need to be upgraded.

FSUIPC is important, but there's no reason why slowly, the many essential features of FSUIPC cannot be incorporated into the sim itself. There's already a vast difference between buttons programmability in v.3.4  and FSX.

Lockeed is selling these sims to folks who want real looking hardware to work with their sim, so it's inevitable that these issues will inevitably be implemented.

I am happy with ALL of my sims, and look forward to adding to---not replacing-- to my collection as time passes.

Hardrives are cheap and imaging is easy. So don't think in terms of either or, but simply adding to.

tony

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, chumley said:

The last I heard Pete said he would look into upgrading his FSUIPC to v5. He also said he would wait until P3Dv4 was released before committing to a new version. He is on vacation until the end of the week so it will be worthwhile waiting for him to make a definitive call on his next move.

There were also mentions of offloading the FSUIPC to someone else for further development. I don't understand why LM wouldn't want to buy this source code and plug it into the out of the box solution. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

There were also mentions of offloading the FSUIPC to someone else for further development. I don't understand why LM wouldn't want to buy this source code and plug it into the out of the box solution. 

They talked about this in the broadcast , and the possibility that even LM could conceivably  buy the rights to FSUIPC from Pete and start developing it on their own. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

A couple of points.

1) It was mentioned by Rob Ainscough on the chat that FSUIPC 5 was almost complete.  Someone else back up this statement.  Hopefully its true.

2) The biggest takeaway from the AirDailyX live stream was the future of addon development for FSX and P3D v1/2/3.  It seemed that many of the Dev's were saying they will stop FSX development and support within 6 months to a year and also stop development and support for earlier version of P3D.  I think the dev community is about to make a big move away from 32 bit sims and only support XP11, P3D v4 and possibly FSW.  If you decide not to change you will be left behind as FSX goes the way of FS9.

• Upvote 5

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Heard this announcement as well. It was kinda surprising to, but also refreshing to hear developers taking such a big descision. And come to think about it, it makes perfect sense. I think many developers are tired of continuing to maintain so many platforms. Also now that Prepar3D is moving further and further away from FSX.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471