Sign in to follow this  
AirCanada235

The Pilot Channel

I don't normally "plug" things like this but these series of videos that this KLM / Martinair Cargo 747 skipper is posting are  phenomenal. I wish my airline would allow us to do similar things (video - social media posts from the / of the flightdeck are prohibited) - but they don't!  To top it all off, he hand flies most of his approaches from a decent altitude and the same can be said for the departure.  This part is interesting to me because going in to or out of busy terminal environments, it really does load up the PNF (pilot not flying).  Energy management, radios, MCP adjustments to name a few really load up the PNF.  Anyways - cool videos none the less

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I have been watching his videos for a while, really well put together. I have been trying to figure out the exact routes they fly but I cant seem to find anything online. Would be great to simulate those South American cargo hauls. My personal favorite is the approach to Santiago over the Andes. Hopefully we will have some scenery for P3D which covers this area, default is rather bland.

By the way, I couldn't make it out in the video but did they have a last minute runway change due to winds? Or was it just the convenience factor of the cargo terminal being right off runway 24?

Anyways, thanks for sharing!

I agree great channel. I hope they film some approaches and departures into Quito. is it my eyes or is the Strobe switch to OFF?

If you watch the video you can find at least 10 problems with the verified configuration file that bugs me a little but easily changed - David Lee