Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

How to open the main cargo door 777F?

Hello,

First of all thanks PMDG for this beautiful aircraft.

My question today, is How to open the Main Cargo Door 777F.

In FS Action on CDU the command for this door doesn't work..no action. (I have electric power.)

OK with the key commands option I have programmed Shift T for this command.

Thanks for info.

Hi,

The main deck cargo door is powered by the ground handling bus which is supplied by either the APU or the primary external power. Are you sure that you have the primary external power connected (or both) and not only the secondary one?

Which electrical source is supplying the aircraft when you try to open the main deck cargo door?

And by the way, full names are required in each of your posts by forum rules.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

4 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi

Thank you for this non-constructive response.
First, do not take people for idiots. I'm retired from French airlines as a captain on 767 (More than 40000 flight hours). If I say it does not work it's not working.
That's all.-----------------------------------------------Yes sir, I have all the electrical  sources ground or APU that it

My name is Domm and you ? Budbud???? like Budweiser   ????

• Upvote 1

Hi Domm - the easy way to have full names in the PMDG posts is to put your name in your sig - Bubud's name is Romain Roux.

I've never been a commercial pilot, nor a pilot of any real aeroplane until last year when I began to fly gliders, so I salute your knowledge of the 767 and aviation in general. However, I don't think Romain was treating you like an idiot, he was merely asking questions to ascertain how you might be trying to open the door of this simulated plane. In fact he may not have known about your previous career.

Could the 777 be sufficiently different from the 767 in how its systems operate the cargo door?

Regarding the simulator - if you're using FSX then would the usual SHIFT - E then 2 open the door? Or does PMDG disable such quick and dirty commands, or use custom logic?

Are you running another add-on in the sim such as GSX? I'm sure I read somewhere about GSX having trouble recognising PMDG animation states.

Good luck anyway.

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

9 hours ago, seahawks said:

Hi

First, do not take people for idiots. I'm retired from French airlines as a captain on 767 (More than 40000 flight hours). If I say it does not work it's not working.
That's all.-----------------------------------------------Yes sir, I have all the electrical  sources ground or APU that it

Hi Domm,

Very nice and kind way to answer to someone trying to help you! No I did not call you idiot I was just trying to rule out any possible mistake.

I don't you or your knowledge so rule out any possibility oversight is part of a troubleshooting.

Now looking at the way you rejected my attempt to help, be sure that I will carefully make a point of not considering anymore any of your future request for help.

And by the way my name is Romain Roux as you can see it in my signature, and would should have a read at the forum rules.

Having a super knowledge of an aircraft doesn't prevent one from being polite!

• Upvote 4

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

12 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi Domm,

Very nice and kind way to answer to someone trying to help you! No I did not call you idiot I was just trying to rule out any possible mistake.

I don't you or your knowledge so rule out any possibility oversight is part of a troubleshooting.

Now looking at the way you rejected my attempt to help, be sure that I will carefully make a point of not considering anymore any of your future request for help.

And by the way my name is Romain Roux as you can see it in my signature, and would should have a read at the forum rules.

Spot-on ++1

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, seahawks said:

Hi

Looks like your having  trouble  reading  the English  language,  doesn't  matter if  you have  1 hour  or  5000  hours you were given  sound  advice  by "Romain" and than you  replied  by  your  own  post, if the post  didn't solve  your  issue  than submit  a support  ticket  in.  As  per  the forum  rules  you need  too add  your  full name   to each of your post

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi Domm,

Romain, you have been doing a great job helping out the PMDG community. Just to say thank you, Sir, your efforts are appreciated.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

Romain, you have been doing a great job helping out the PMDG community. Just to say thank you, Sir, your efforts are appreciated.

Thanks Pedro, that's very kind.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Romain, rest assured that 99% of us who have read your posts have found them to be anything but informative, constructive and helpful. Please do not change. In fact, speaking for myself, solely, I have gleaned so much off your posts.

Hi Rick,

Thanks very much for your kind words.

In fact I will keep trying to help as much as I can on this forum. I will just keep away from "Domm"'s future posts. 

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

I do very much the same with another negative poster with the handle of a 'bird'. Other than that I will not say more.

How's the PPL coming along? How many hours have you acquired 'under your wings' now? Good Luck with it.

23 minutes ago, vc10man said:

How's the PPL coming along? How many hours have you acquired 'under your wings' now? Good Luck with it.

Thanks.

I have flown 17 hours so far, trying to find the good time to fly according to my job schedule but the slowest to go is the theory. 

Damn why is it so hard to memorize all the knowledge related to VFR? :biggrin:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

5 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

3 hours ago, vc10man said:

Romain, rest assured that 99% of us who have read your posts have found them to be anything but informative, constructive and helpful. Please do not change. In fact, speaking for myself, solely, I have gleaned so much off your posts.

I couldn't agree more!  I always find your posts very helpful, thoughtful and polite. 

Congratulations on pursuing your PPL!  Please keep us updated on your progress.

Best,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks Mike,

I really appreciate your words!

You along with the other persons who posted their support above are among the guys would make me love the PMDG community.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg