Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

How to open the main cargo door 777F?

Hi Romain,

Just wanted to echo the sentiments above. I truly value the contributions you make to this community.

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

17 hours ago, seahawks said:

Hi

Thank you for this non-constructive response.
First, do not take people for idiots. I'm retired from French airlines as a captain on 767 (More than 40000 flight hours). If I say it does not work it's not working.
That's all.-----------------------------------------------Yes sir, I have all the electrical  sources ground or APU that it

And by the way, full names are required in each of your posts by forum rules.

My name is Domm and you ? Budbud???? like Budweiser   ????

He didn't take you for an idiot. Your response back to him, however...
If you're going to raise a point about behavior, don't live up to the behavior you are attempting to call out.

Don't stuff experience down someone's throat. How many of those 40,000 hours were you operating cargo doors on a 777?

Kyle Rodgers

23 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

He didn't take you for an idiot. Your response back to him, however...
If you're going to raise a point about behavior, don't live up to the behavior you are attempting to call out.

Don't stuff experience down someone's throat. How many of those 40,000 hours were you operating cargo doors on a 777?

A seule chose que je voulais savoir, c’est pourquoi dans FS Actions sur le CDU la commande de  l’ouverture de la porte principal cargo du 777F n'est pas opérationnelle et la porte ne s’ouvre pas?.

La réponse que j'ai eu est une réponse typiquement française, du genre avez vous mis les piles du bon coté.

12 minutes ago, seahawks said:

La réponse que j'ai eu est une réponse typiquement française, du genre avez vous mis les piles du bon coté.

So now instead of just belittling Romain you thought it would be helpful to denigrate all French people? (Domm said, approximately, "The response I had is a typically French response, of the genre, "have you put in the batteries with the correct polarity?'")

No, Romain didn't know how much expertise you have, and as Kyle pointed out you still might have missed something in a different aircraft type from the one with which you are familiar.  Had you replied in a civil manner I and others on this forum would have helped you figure out what the problem is on your setup.  Now, not so much, at least for me.

Mike

• Upvote 2

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

20 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Now, not so much, at least for me.

Touche(sorry cannot put the accent)

1 hour ago, seahawks said:

A seule chose que je voulais savoir, c’est pourquoi dans FS Actions sur le CDU la commande de  l’ouverture de la porte principal cargo du 777F n'est pas opérationnelle et la porte ne s’ouvre pas?.

I can't speak it, but I can read it. If this was an attempt to make things difficult for me, it didn't work...

Don't rest on experience alone, particularly when you're here asking for help.

I have way too many hours working with computers. If someone suggests something, I'm not going to come back with "I've been using computers for two decades - if I say it's not working right, it's not working right!" No. Rather, I realize that I do not know everything, for one, and two, I realize that humans are prone to err. This is why, for most of those 40000 hours you flew, there was someone flying next to you...

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I realize that I do not know everything, for one, and two, I realize that humans are prone to err.

Sorry, I can't agree.  I have over 80,000 hours flying paper airplanes so I know more than everyone else put together.

Mike

• Upvote 2

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

LOL Mike - I've got three paperback books on paper aeroplanes :laugh:

Anyway - Domm - Hopefully you'll obtain a solution via a PMDG support ticket. By all means come back here and post up the solution as and when you get it, assuming you don't upset Kyle. I'm curious despite me not having any PMDG aircraft as yet. :blush: My system may not quite be good enough, nor my wallet.. (not that I'm complaining about the asking price!!)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 25/05/2017 at 7:56 PM, HighBypass said:

LOL Mike - I've got three paperback books on paper aeroplanes :laugh:

Moi aussi

On 25/05/2017 at 7:14 PM, Mike777 said:

Sorry, I can't agree.  I have over 80,000 hours flying paper airplanes so I know more than everyone else put together.

Mike

It'is very very very good, It made my goat laugh

On 25/05/2017 at 7:10 PM, scandinavian13 said:

I can't speak it, but I can read it. If this was an attempt to make things difficult for me, it didn't work...

Don't rest on experience alone, particularly when you're here asking for help.

I have way too many hours working with computers. If someone suggests something, I'm not going to come back with "I've been using computers for two decades - if I say it's not working right, it's not working right!" No. Rather, I realize that I do not know everything, for one, and two, I realize that humans are prone to err. This is why, for most of those 40000 hours you flew, there was someone flying next to you...

I can speak and I can read it but I speak better than I write sorry

Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances

It's over right now thanks all,  "ça fonctionne"

"No matter how educated, talented, rich or cool you believe you are, how you treat people ultimately tells all."

regards