Sign in to follow this  
WA6MQI

FS9 will not print flight plans

Hi guys For some reason fs9 will not print flight plans anymore I hit print and nothing! any ideas? Dave

Hi,Are you using FSAutoStart perchance? If so, then it is just possible you may have stopped the Print Spooler and/or your printer-specific driver.Mike

Hi Mike No not using fsautostart printer seems to work fine on all other software just fs9 seems to have problems. Dave

Guest yarvelling

Same thing here, too.....!It used to work just fine, but now it freezes completely and dumps me back to the desktop! The printer is still correctly installed and works fine elsewhere; infact it will still print other reports out of FS9, just not the flightplans :(It's not something that I do very often, but, I wonder if it may have become 'broken' when the 9.1 patch went on, all those months back, or whether it's related in any way to one of theose anonymous Windows upgrades that come in when Windows does it's auto-updating...??

HelloMake sure that your default web browser is Internet explorer and not firefox, printing the navlog calls functions from explorer so it must be set as the default browser

Guest thespazzz

I find that insulting. Why can't MS use the same method for printing that every other program in existance uses instead of forcing it to go through the web browser. What should your web browser matter to the flight sim the programs arn't even related.((PS I know FS uses the IE engine for its help pages as such. I meant that FS isn't a web browser so I don't see why having your browser set up a certian way should have any bearing on it))

To make it difficult to use Firefox as a guess! Or is that just too cynical?

ngxu_banner.png