Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

Multiple Sims v3 and v4

Hey Keven-

Just curious would Chaseplane work with v3 and v4 if both are installed on the system? 

Most likely will be running v3 on one SSD and v4 on another but since Chaseplane resides outside the sim I was curious if it would recognize and work for both. 

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Yep, It would work!

It's like having v2 and v3 installed on the same system.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have a similar question.  I'm running P3D 3.4 on one SSD with EZCA and I'm going to buy and install P3D V4 and put it on another.

Will I be able to run CP on JUST P3D V4 and if I buy it will it interfere with EZCA?

Thanks

Jack Sawyer

ChasePlane cannot be used in parallel to EzDok

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Kevin, so where can I buy CP and I have a TON of questions.

1. Do I have to re-do all my cameras on all my planes?

2. If I do have to, do I have to do it on each livery of the same model, for example all the different PMDG 747's.

3. I read somewhere that CP will import EZCA's cameras?  I have the first version, not the latest of EZCA.

4. I planned on buying it as I don't like EZCA for various reasons.

5. What steps do I need to do first if I buy it today?

6. Will I need to uninstall EZCA first?

7. Does it come with a manual?

8. Is it still in beta or pre-alpha or whatever?

Please advise and if I see some good answers I'll be buying it today.  Oh, please provide a link to where I can buy it.  ChasePlane is all VERY new to me so I have a lot to learn.

Jack Sawyer

Credit card ready to buy as soon as questions answered. Don't want to be pushy I just want to get out from under EZCA.

Thanks

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Kevin, so where can I buy CP and I have a TON of questions.

1. Do I have to re-do all my cameras on all my planes?

2. If I do have to, do I have to do it on each livery of the same model, for example all the different PMDG 747's.

3. I read somewhere that CP will import EZCA's cameras?  I have the first version, not the latest of EZCA.

4. I planned on buying it as I don't like EZCA for various reasons.

5. What steps do I need to do first if I buy it today?

6. Will I need to uninstall EZCA first?

7. Does it come with a manual?

8. Is it still in beta or pre-alpha or whatever?

Please advise and if I see some good answers I'll be buying it today.  Oh, please provide a link to where I can buy it.  ChasePlane is all VERY new to me so I have a lot to learn.

1. If you have EzDok v1, you can export your presets and re-import them in ChasePlane. Only *.ecs files are support. This format contains all the presets in a specific mode (On-Board and Outside) for given aircraft. You would endup with 2 files per aircraft, a *.ecs for On-Board and one for Outside cameras
  2. Presets are saved per model, not per livery
  3. ^
  4. Good! You'll like it!
  5. Ideally, you Restore the configuration in Config.exe and uninstall EzDok before but that's not required
  6. ^
  7. Not a full manual yet, but you have a WIP one here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/497403-user-manual/
  8. The software is still in Alpha but we are in the last seps before entering Beta.

I hope this answers your questions! Let me know if you have more of them

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven, thank YOU!!!  It's time for bed for me but I'll be buying this first thing tomorrow morning.

Please clarify #5 though.  How do I restore the configuration, what's config.exe?

Jack Sawyer

Config.exe is part of EzDok v1. It is used to configure aircraft and other configuration files to work with EzDok v1. When you uninstall EzDok, the uninstall process will not clean the modified files and might cause various issues down the line. It is recommended that you run the Config.exe to restore the configuration and remove all EzDok entries from your sim before installing ChasePlane.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

14 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Config.exe is part of EzDok v1. It is used to configure aircraft and other configuration files to work with EzDok v1. When you uninstall EzDok, the uninstall process will not clean the modified files and might cause various issues down the line. It is recommended that you run the Config.exe to restore the configuration and remove all EzDok entries from your sim before installing ChasePlane.

Thanks again Keven, but I maybe dense, and I'm on my iPad right now and away from the PC, but the Config.exe will give me the option to restore?  I don't recall seeing that last time I ran it when I installed a new plane.  By the way I have FSX also installed on another drive but I never use it.

And when you say EzDok entries does that include the .ecs files?  I know what they are, they can be located anywhere and I have a bunch all over the PC and not all in one folder and I could never figure out why they made it work this way.

I really want to dump this program because a lot of the time it causes my PC to not want to shut down.

So what am I actually restoring?

Thanks again.  Soon to bed...

Jack Sawyer

Here is a screenshot of the Config.exe app. Press the Restore button to restore the configuration.

tNtkN4y.png

Doing so should not remove any .ecs file you have on your computer.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I see, but I thought CP used those files as you said in step 1 above.

Jack Sawyer

Config.exe will remove configuration entries in the simulator's config files. This is totally unrelated to .ecs files.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 5/25/2017 at 11:39 PM, Keven Menard said:

Config.exe will remove configuration entries in the simulator's config files. This is totally unrelated to .ecs files.

Hi Keven, sent you a PM

Jack Sawyer

Well, I just bought it but never got a seal number.  I used PayPal and paid and installed the VFXCentral on my PC but nothing.  No license.  Now what?

Jack Sawyer