Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

Question about controller profiles

Quick question for the beta testers - have their been any changes or improvements in the controller profile feature in v4?  I'm guessing not, given that I haven't been able to find any discussion of controller profiles.  

The reason for the question - since the future of FSUIPC seems to be in some doubt, I'm trying to get a handle on how easy or difficult it will be to work with multiple controllers in v4.  I currently use a HOTAS, and am considering an investment (yes, investment - talking Virtual-Fly grade here) in a yoke and throttle quad to use alongside it.  But if that's not going to be feasible - or if there'll be a lot of hoops to jump through - I might pass, or at least hold off.  I'd understood the profile feature in v3 to be pretty wonky, and if it still is...  then I might be a HOTAS-only driver.  Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

UPDATE: And now we know that Pete is working on FSUIPC 5 for 64-bit P3D.  Fantastic news and of course it means that my question above is moot.  Heading off now to start pilling a wide variety of flight controls on top of each other... :cool:

Hi Alan,

Presently there are a couple of short falls with the controller module of v4 to handle some of what you want.

Most importantly at this stage there is no way to allocate an engine reverser to an axis. I have several PFC throttles including the Twin Jet one that resembles a B737 Throttle plus spoiler/flap set up & at this stage I have everything working but the spoilers.

If you have a quadrant such as a Saitek which has a switch/button embedded at the base of each lever then this will be possible to allocate reverse thrust using the default key command with repeat (F2 from memory).

So at this stage without FSUIPC nominating an axis for this is not possible.

Having asked the question of LM if in future implementation of this would be considered the reply was it may be looked at but obviously not in time for the pending release.

Something that is quite handy though is you can program as much as is possible & then name & export your settings to be re imported when used for a particular type of aircraft. there are also some HOTAS axis selectors however I think they need to be programmed by the HOTAS software.

I have two profiles I use currently being twin recip & twin jet which work quite well (minus the reverse thrust of course).

Am looking forward to FSUIPC v5.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

59 minutes ago, Rossco said:

Am looking forward to FSUIPC v5.

Same here. Thanks for the detailed reply.  Sounds like the native P3D profile feature can do a lot of what I'd need, but not all of it (e.g. I could work around the reverser issues, but it's nicer just to be able to program them).  Glad that Pete has decided to stay on board.