Sign in to follow this  

Prepar3D V5 Speculation Thread

OK I wanted to get the ball rolling on this since it is clear that there is a lot of dissatisfaction with the yet to be released V4. I am guessing the we are probably looking at around the 2 quarter of 2019 so it definitely not to early to start the discussion. It will like be on a Tuesday since as far as I can remember Major point releases of P3D have always been on Tuesday. IF someone can get a hold of it Pete Dawson's Vacation Itinerary for 2019 with should be able to narrow it down to perhaps 2 or 3 possible Tuesday's in 2019.

Let me start by saying it better be DX12 or else I will not be making the switch. I'll be sticking with V4 which I haven't tried yet. And the Third party developers better be providing free upgrades to there addon's otherwise ill come on hear and badmouth them and swear ill never buy another one of their addons again.

I'm not sure if this has ever been asked before but will V5 be a free upgrade from V4 like the point releases are?

Anyone else got any opinions on this important matter?

Considering visually v4 looks the same as v2.1 I am guessing that v5 will look like v2.1.

On the plus side and hardly anyone had mentioned this, the sdk has been redesigned i think, so we may see new better add-ons not constrained by the fsx sdk

• Upvote 1

If v5 doesn't have rain on the windshield - and also rain seeping through the bad seals on the windshield, that you've got to mop up with high-rez virtual paper towels - I'm out.

• Upvote 11

Time-Travel post from 05/24/2019: With XP12 and its simulation of individual photons for quantum physics based rendering (qpbr) on the horizon, the recently announced "Dovetail Games Flight Sim World meets Train Sim World for Ultimate Sim World" (short: DTGFSWMTSWFUSW) providing cross-vehicle support, and Aerofly launching its own satellite for streaming orthos to your pc 'on the fly', P3Dv5 surely has to deliver. And some people will of course stick with FSX for the time being, because Aerosofts CRJ is about to be released.

12 minutes ago, domae001 said:

Time-Travel post from 05/24/2019: With XP12 and its simulation of individual photons for quantum physics based rendering (qpbr) on the horizon, the recently announced "Dovetail Games Flight Sim World meets Train Sim World for Ultimate Sim World" (short: DTGFSWMTSWFUSW) providing cross-vehicle support, and Aerofly launching its own satellite for streaming orthos to your pc 'on the fly', P3Dv5 surely has to deliver. And some people will of course stick with FSX for the time being, because Aerosofts CRJ is about to be released.

:uwe_melk_sblh: One hell of a post! Love it.

24 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Anyone else got any opinions on this important matter?

My opinion is that this is a nonsense thread. To firstly be drawing conclusions:

25 minutes ago, Avidean said:

since it is clear that there is a lot of dissatisfaction with the yet to be released V4

... on something that hasn't been released yet, and then to be speculating on what the next (if any) major version has - is, well

27 minutes ago, Avidean said:

which I haven't tried yet

.... nonsense.

• Upvote 8

David Porrett

We are past April fools day....:blink::blink:

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

LOL! someone actually took it seriously, ILMAO

I don't want it if it's not DX13 ready. :biggrin:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

35 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

If v5 doesn't have rain on the windshield - and also rain seeping through the bad seals on the windshield, that you've got to mop up with high-rez virtual paper towels - I'm out.

haha

++ We need jet fuel smell, if not, it's not for real.

Just looked into my magic ball :

v6 ( 2021 ) will be 128 bit as all those addon airports with 16192 x 16192 textures remain causing GPU overloads.

A nice new feature are the hologram FO and air hostesses ....

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

38 minutes ago, DavidP said:

My opinion is that this is a nonsense thread. To firstly be drawing conclusions:

... on something that hasn't been released yet, and then to be speculating on what the next (if any) major version has - is, well

.... nonsense.

Maybe re-read the OP after resetting your sense-o-humor switch.

If you were being ironic, well-played. Fooled me.

50 minutes ago, domae001 said:

This post made my whole day! Thank you!

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48".