Sign in to follow this  

Prepar3D V5 Speculation Thread

I think it - or at least v6 - will be compatible with the Level D 757. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I think it - or at least v6 - will be compatible with the Level D 757. 

ant the Qualitywings 787

This can`t be serious, right.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The natives are restless - have to wait until May 30 - then the fun will REALLY start!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just came from the future, I can confirm compatibility with the Level D 757, PMDG 787, 737 v3, MD11 v2, DC10, and Apple Spaceship.

1 hour ago, domae001 said:

Time-Travel post from 05/24/2019: With XP12 and its simulation of individual photons for quantum physics based rendering (qpbr) on the horizon, the recently announced "Dovetail Games Flight Sim World meets Train Sim World for Ultimate Sim World" (short: DTGFSWMTSWFUSW) providing cross-vehicle support, and Aerofly launching its own satellite for streaming orthos to your pc 'on the fly', P3Dv5 surely has to deliver. And some people will of course stick with FSX for the time being, because Aerosofts CRJ is about to be released.

Best/funniest post I have read in a long time. :laugh::laugh:

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

i obviously can't go into too much detail as i'm still under a strict NDA .i can however tell you that

V5 has the capabilty to lift your desk and chair off the floor and turn it into a Full Motion simulator.another cool feature that is still in beta is that while flying in thunderstorms water is sprayed out of your monitor onto your 3D glasses .this  gives you the most realistic rain effects possible..

steve

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

My opinion is that this is a nonsense thread. To firstly be drawing conclusions:

... on something that hasn't been released yet, and then to be speculating on what the next (if any) major version has - is, well

.... nonsense.

Too bad they don't sell a sense of humour/sarcasm add-on. You could really use it, buddy...

This is actually a great thread. It clearly demonstrates why there are so many guys sitting there and having a great time FLYING (not looking at scenery) with FS9.

49 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Just looked into my magic ball :

v6 ( 2021 ) will be 128 bit as all those addon airports with 16192 x 16192 textures remain causing GPU overloads.

A nice new feature are the hologram FO and air hostesses ....

Can you confirm in the magic ball that the air hostesses will serve us a beer while flying? If not then it's a deal breaker for me.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

27 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

i hope most of the devolopers dump p3d and go with fsw or x-plane, being that p3d is a commercial platform, fsw and x-plane should be the ones supported, thats just my opinion.

WHWhahahahahahaha! LOL! LMFAO. This thread turned out to be a real anorak detector. LOL:laugh::ph34r:

1 hour ago, silverheels2 said:

This is actually a great thread. It clearly demonstrates why there are so many guys sitting there and having a great time FLYING (not looking at scenery) with FS9.

Ooh, sick burn bro!  2003 called, it wants its simulator back.  

Obviously I can't say too much because of the strict NDA I'm bound to by LM (LM - pronounced: Lynyrd Skynyrd). Well, I could, but then I'd have to kill you, however on the plus side, I could do it from 135 miles away in complete anonymity, thanks to LM's other side project to P3D, something called the F.35 JSF (JSF - pronounced: 200 Billion you say? Is there an academic version of it?).

But anyway, here's what I can reveal....

Version 6.0 of P3D (P3D - pronounced: give us your money, we can't get the JSF working properly and we're massively over budget), will come with a tin of lighter petrol which you can open and leave on your desk to simulate the smell of JP4 wafting about. This new feature, called VirtuaJP4 (VIRTUAJP4 - pronounced: Jeezus tap dancing christ, what the hell is that smell, nobody light a match!) is just one of many thrilling and innovative firsts which will premiere in Version 6.0 (Version 6.0 - pronounced: give us even more of your money). Other features will include compatibility with FSUIPC version 105.10.10.40.10.3.0.7 (FSUIPC - pronounced: well, it presumably stands for something). Default aircraft which ship with version 6.0 include the Westland Woodpigeon (Woodpigeon - pronounced: fingerlickingood). Version 6.0 will also feature a working radar system (radar - pronounced:, well, erm radar), however the F.35 won't show up on it.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It will be released at 2:00:00 PM EDT and the sales servers will crash at 2:00:01 PM EDT.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0