Sign in to follow this  
StefanA

MCE with FS-Passengers, PF3, Level-D B767

Hello together,

I've some trouble to get everything to work.

I tried to add some VoxKey commands:
FSPASSENGERS seatbelt signs ("SHIFT <"): command "seatbelts on" TRIGGER "SHIFT <"
FSPASSENGERS seatbelt signs ("SHIFT <"): command "seatbelts off" TRIGGER "SHIFT <"
(Would be nice to set seatbelt signs with one command for the aircraft and the FS-Passengers)
PF3 FO flying the plane ("SHIFT+CTRL V"): command "your control" TRIGGER "SHIFT+CTRL V" three times!
(Especially interesting for long haul flights across North Atlantic)
PF3 FO off ("SHIFT+CTRL V"): command "my control" TRIGGER "SHIFT CTRL V" once.
PF3 Emergency ("SHIFT+CTRL E"): command "mayday mayday mayday" TRIGGER "SHIFT+CTRL E"
Even after restarting MCE it didn't take care about it. And there's only one command file in documents folder assigned to FSX.

There are some keyboard conflicts with FSPASSENGERS in combination with PF3. In PF3 I can reassign the key settings. But is that recognized by MCE or where can it be set there. For example the EMERGENCY is "SHIFT+CTRL E". That's the FS-Passenger command for opening the flight report.

FO announcements vor V1, rotate, V2: I switched off the FSPassenger callouts and the Level-D FO to have only one FO voice. Only one part is a little disturbing. The "minimum" call is done twice. First from GPWS (airliner) and second from MCE-FO. Is it possible to turn that on/off (small aircraft on, airliner off)? Level-D FO is silent too.

Sometimes the ATC calls aren't transferred to PFS, there's no red text line in that case, which I still have activated during setting up all. After repeating several times it works. But that needs too much time to answer ATC instructions. So it happened that I couldn't answer before next handover.

Level-D B767: the autobreak isn't set as expected. Autobreak 1, 2, 3, 4 (max) works fine. But "autobreak off" selects RTO or "disarm" depending on current state. From RTO it switches to "disarm" and from "disarm" after landing it is switched to RTO.

Small issue which can be corrected very easy by everyone self: The preflight checklist contains "beacon on". In that case your ground team would stop working and leave because of expecting the engines starting soon. That's an item for the "before start" checklist. The NAV lights have to be set in preflight checklist.

One (off-)topic which should better be answered by PF3 developer, but I didn't get an answer. So I just put it in that common package for MCE/PF3/FSP. What about transponder penalty in FS-Passengers with PF3 assigned code? Has anybody tried that?

Regards.

9 hours ago, StefanA said:

Hello together,

I've some trouble to get everything to work.

I tried to add some VoxKey commands:
FSPASSENGERS seatbelt signs ("SHIFT <"): command "seatbelts on" TRIGGER "SHIFT <"
FSPASSENGERS seatbelt signs ("SHIFT <"): command "seatbelts off" TRIGGER "SHIFT <"
(Would be nice to set seatbelt signs with one command for the aircraft and the FS-Passengers)
PF3 FO flying the plane ("SHIFT+CTRL V"): command "your control" TRIGGER "SHIFT+CTRL V" three times!
(Especially interesting for long haul flights across North Atlantic)
PF3 FO off ("SHIFT+CTRL V"): command "my control" TRIGGER "SHIFT CTRL V" once.
PF3 Emergency ("SHIFT+CTRL E"): command "mayday mayday mayday" TRIGGER "SHIFT+CTRL E"
Even after restarting MCE it didn't take care about it. And there's only one command file in documents folder assigned to FSX.

There are some keyboard conflicts with FSPASSENGERS in combination with PF3. In PF3 I can reassign the key settings. But is that recognized by MCE or where can it be set there. For example the EMERGENCY is "SHIFT+CTRL E". That's the FS-Passenger command for opening the flight report.

FO announcements vor V1, rotate, V2: I switched off the FSPassenger callouts and the Level-D FO to have only one FO voice. Only one part is a little disturbing. The "minimum" call is done twice. First from GPWS (airliner) and second from MCE-FO. Is it possible to turn that on/off (small aircraft on, airliner off)? Level-D FO is silent too.

Sometimes the ATC calls aren't transferred to PFS, there's no red text line in that case, which I still have activated during setting up all. After repeating several times it works. But that needs too much time to answer ATC instructions. So it happened that I couldn't answer before next handover.

Level-D B767: the autobreak isn't set as expected. Autobreak 1, 2, 3, 4 (max) works fine. But "autobreak off" selects RTO or "disarm" depending on current state. From RTO it switches to "disarm" and from "disarm" after landing it is switched to RTO.

Small issue which can be corrected very easy by everyone self: The preflight checklist contains "beacon on". In that case your ground team would stop working and leave because of expecting the engines starting soon. That's an item for the "before start" checklist. The NAV lights have to be set in preflight checklist.

One (off-)topic which should better be answered by PF3 developer, but I didn't get an answer. So I just put it in that common package for MCE/PF3/FSP. What about transponder penalty in FS-Passengers with PF3 assigned code? Has anybody tried that?

Regards.

One thing to keep in mind, MCE built-in voice commands always take precedence over custom ones.

"Seatbelts on" is one of those, and in this case MCE will execute the built-in one and ignore yours.

You could append a short word to it like "ok seatbelkts on" and MCE will see it as a custom command and will send the "SHIFT+<" to the sim.

You can do even better.

Look at the various flows for different phases, and just add the custom command "ok seatbelts on" and MCE wil send the key combo as part of the flow.

Affirmative, assuming PF3 runs on same machine as MCE, the latter has the ability so see when the "Connect to FS" button has been pressed and only then, read the assigned hotkeys, call_sign and flight plan. Therefore, can change them without restarting PF3 or MCE.

Not sure whether you are aware, MCE allows you to edit the checklist and have them exactly as per real world or virtual airline (good for rehearsing). Therefore just move that item to the next section.

Instead of editing the target checklist in \Multi Crew Experience\Cheklists\ folder, suggest you copy the one we ship from there, paste it to say \My Documents\ folder. Edit the copied file, then go to MCE <ATC> tab and assign the new checklist as the default one for the currently loaded LevelD livery.

Will see what can be done regarding auto-break.

On ‎25‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 11:42 AM, FS++ said:

One thing to keep in mind, MCE built-in voice commands always take precedence over custom ones.

"Seatbelts on" is one of those, and in this case MCE will execute the built-in one and ignore yours.

You could append a short word to it like "ok seatbelkts on" and MCE will see it as a custom command and will send the "SHIFT+<" to the sim.

You can do even better.

Look at the various flows for different phases, and just add the custom command "ok seatbelts on" and MCE wil send the key combo as part of the flow.

Affirmative, assuming PF3 runs on same machine as MCE, the latter has the ability so see when the "Connect to FS" button has been pressed and only then, read the assigned hotkeys, call_sign and flight plan. Therefore, can change them without restarting PF3 or MCE.

Not sure whether you are aware, MCE allows you to edit the checklist and have them exactly as per real world or virtual airline (good for rehearsing). Therefore just move that item to the next section.

Instead of editing the target checklist in \Multi Crew Experience\Cheklists\ folder, suggest you copy the one we ship from there, paste it to say \My Documents\ folder. Edit the copied file, then go to MCE <ATC> tab and assign the new checklist as the default one for the currently loaded LevelD livery.

Will see what can be done regarding auto-break.

First, thank you for support. It was my intention to "overload" the built-in command with the additional key stroke. Unfortunately this doesn't work. Perhaps you can add this as option (Built-In, Both, Substitute original by VOXKEY command).

Best would be to attach the keystroke it to the switch (FSUIPC?). In every case the switch is moved, it will work as wanted, by command to the FO as well as by doing it self. I'll check out how to deal with it.

Yes, PF3 runs on same machine. It's a really high end machine with second screen for external addons (ASE, PFPX/FSC9, PF3, MCE) and I don't want to run two machines for the simulation. Very good that you are reading the PF3 settings, that makes sense and is the best solution in that case.

Yes I'm aware about changing the checklists and the "flows". I already started to change the Level-D checklist. I only wanted to inform about that for discussion to include it into initial settings for sharing it with all other users too.

But it's a good idea with the documents folder, because I experienced that the original was overwritten by installing your last patch. Doesn't matter, because it was only a small change and when I completed all settings, there will be a big backup of all and an additional backup of all required cfg, ini, xml and other settings files.

I'll check the MCE/PF3 combination again soon. Hopefully it works, because that would be a big improvement for realistic procedures and ATC.

Regards,
Stefan