Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS 2: Scenery Geoconvert Tool Coming Soon

21 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Down to about 0.5 meters per pixel.......

I am not sure how it works, but how much storage space would be needed to 0.5 meters per pixel for an area the size of 100x100 km. Don't know if you know that but wanting to get a comparison of what is available in X-Plane in the Ortho tool they have.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I guess this tool is similar to Ortho4XP tool for X-Plane. Basically you download satellite images from Google or Bing and the program converts them to photoscenery for XP. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

9 hours ago, FlyIce said:

I guess this tool is similar to Ortho4XP tool for X-Plane. Basically you download satellite images from Google or Bing and the program converts them to photoscenery for XP. 

Having never tried OrthoXP, I can't say, but certainly the tool is being designed to be very easy to use.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

16 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

I am not sure how it works, but how much storage space would be needed to 0.5 meters per pixel for an area the size of 100x100 km. Don't know if you know that but wanting to get a comparison of what is available in X-Plane in the Ortho tool they have.

I have no idea, but the good news is that hopefully in a week or so, everyone will know.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I posted a link to the needed FS Earth Tool that will be used with this new NeoConvert.  Look in this forum. You will need it.  Grab it while you can...

Had a look at the guide but it looks very complicated to me. Nothing as easy as ORTHO4XP. That was just one program and one click and you're done, here you need several and it takes a lot of steps and a lot of editing and copying data/numbers. 

Concerning the tool: drhotwing1 said the tool is easy, everyone should be able to easily create scenery, but the IPACS admin (which is the developer himself afaik)  just posted this on their forum:

"Keep in mind: GeoConvert is a tool we also use internally, user friendlyness is not a high priority, so to use this tool, you have to read the Wiki and do experiments its not just a plug and play solution."

After reading the wiki I tend to agree with the IPACS admin...

Apart from all that, people shouldn't forget the tool only creates photoreal scenery: no autogen and no runways/airports. So what you get may be nice to fly over from a reasonable altitude but you won't be able to land anywhere and flying a bit low won't look too good.

All in all: this isn't Ortho4XP. I don't mean to be negative before the tool has actually been released but I have the idea some people are eagerly waiting for this tool thinking it will give you Orbx like sceneries... ;) 

BTW IPACS also said "we might be able to publish GeoConvert next week".

4 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Any news?

Yes. Two quotes from IPACS which were posted yesterday:

"The GeoConvert tool; another project that is almost ready to be released within the next couple of days (if not sooner). We are now performing our final tests on the final release candidate. Be sure to check out the tutorial and information related to this new tool on our official Wiki."

"The upcoming release of the GeoConvert tool may be released as a part of an updated SDK package. This SDK package may be split into two downloads to cut down on having one long download due to the growing size of the SDK package."

3 minutes ago, J van E said:

Yes. Two quotes from IPACS which were posted yesterday:

"The GeoConvert tool; another project that is almost ready to be released within the next couple of days (if not sooner). We are now performing our final tests on the final release candidate. Be sure to check out the tutorial and information related to this new tool on our official Wiki."

"The upcoming release of the GeoConvert tool may be released as a part of an updated SDK package. This SDK package may be split into two downloads to cut down on having one long download due to the growing size of the SDK package."

Cool, thanks! Can you please post a link to the Wiki?

4 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Cool, thanks! Can you please post a link to the Wiki?

https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/dokuwiki/

Devons rig

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, HiFlyer said:

You don't think the autogen tool will also be made available eventually.........?

If you want to add a little 3D to your Photo-real scenery, take a look at this: http://www.nuvecta.com/index.html  For some reason, their website is not keeping pace with their development. Treeline was their first attempt and only placed (accurately) trees. Landscape is what I'm currently using which includes: trees, buildings, water towers, windmills, all accurately placed. If you do find a building out of place and contact the developer, they move it for you. Not exactly a "tool" but does make the photo real world "Pop."

59 minutes ago, Mad_Mac said:

If you want to add a little 3D to your Photo-real scenery, take a look at this: http://www.nuvecta.com/index.html  For some reason, their website is not keeping pace with their development. Treeline was their first attempt and only placed (accurately) trees. Landscape is what I'm currently using which includes: trees, buildings, water towers, windmills, all accurately placed. If you do find a building out of place and contact the developer, they move it for you. Not exactly a "tool" but does make the photo real world "Pop."

Nice but not for Aerofly FS 2... ;)