Sign in to follow this  
dvlourie

AI Trafific in XP 11 with WED

I am trying to create my home airport - KVYS - in WED. So far so good. Tedious process but a lot of fun. Things are lining up nicely and I know the end is close at hand. However, my dilemma is AI traffic. KVYS is a non-towered airport and I know i need to create a "tower" which I have done. I have also placed all the required taxi routes and the validation was accepted. However, I get NO AI traffic.  So my questions:

1. Does XP 11 always create AI traffic?

2. Does X-Life interfere with AI traffic coded in XP 11?

3. Do I need to be patient and wait more than 15 minutes for AI traffic to appear?

I have followed two great series on You-Tube and learned a great deal. My thanks to both Jan Vogel & On the Glidescope. Great source of learning. So that's my problem. I know eventually I will have that "ah-ha" moment. Any help in the mean time will be greatly appreciated!

How many and what types of parking spots did you use? Certain parking settings will not allow AI.

GA Parking - Turbo and props only and 4 total spots (tie-downs).....hopefully that is not a strain on the program......:gaul:

So did you go to flight configuration and actually add AI aircraft?

Edit: tiny little box upper right corner of where  you select your aircraft

Slayer...you might just be the "ah-ha" moment I was looking for. Will try that tomorrow when I get going again with my "adventure".....I will let you know if you win the grand prize! :biggrin:

Yeah , it's not really obvious how to get AI to actually spawn lol.

So let me push my luck with one more question......Does XP 11 have the "intelligence" to allow for back-taxing on a run way if there is no taxiway to enter? At KVYS, you need to back-taxi to Runway 18. There is a full length taxi for Runway 36. Just asking, if not, I guess we design full length taxiways. Thanks again for all your insight.