Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Is this normal???

Strange thing you have therePerhaps you have problems with your excludes in the scenery.cfg folder.That big patch of water looks like it is out of place!!

The shorline data's gone.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

When u mess with the bgls in the scenery/NAME folder they need to get put back the way they were if you uninstall these add-ons. They modify the coasts and water features. Thats what you are seeing. The scenery/NAME controls the data for North America Eastern areas. Its the same thing for the add-ons like Freeflow NE or the Providence scenery etc. Since I reinstalled the sim not long ago, I am keeping a changelog in a notebook by my computer of every change and ad-on and what it affects. I have found that the more you do yourself, rather than allowing install programs to do it for you, the better you get at fixing things when they go wrong!Hornit

>I think the prob is that I uninstalled ultimate terran. That>might be it. I am reinstalling the whole game.>>Alex>That would do it! You have to remember when you uninstall UT you must first restore the FS2004 scenery first using the option in UT setup program. Only then you can uninstall UT.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That's good in theory, but it gets difficult when using things like UT USA and VOZ which use configurators. It can be hard to know which files to activate/dectivate manually. They also create backups, and it's hard to know exactly what is in the backup.An alternative is to use FS Manager to install addons. This has benefits and limitations. It doesn't solve the configurator problem though.scott s..