Sign in to follow this  
lucasgozzard

Ding sound during or after flight

Hi,

Sometimes after having completed a flight of 3hrs or so or after a turn, I hear a ding sound that keeps going off constantly.  I can't work out what it is or how to stop it.  I thought it was the fuel low aural sound but I had above the fuel low limit of 900kg.  

Has anyone else heard this or know what it is?

Thanks.

Lucas Gozzard. 

Hi,

If you have fsuipc installed, it is likely the low VAS warning (when less than 300MB VAS remains available to the sim).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

The Fsuipc low VAS warning can be disabled in the fsuipc.ini by changing the OOMcheck value to NO. But I would advise to keep on as it will warn you before you get an OOM and let you the time to take some measures like saving the flight if you don't have the auto save feature enabled.

Also you can extend the periodicity of the alert by changing the value OOMcheckInterval (in second). But it does not only change the interval between the "ding" but also the check itself, which means that if your VAS consumption increases rapidly due to a scenery loading, than you could have the OOM before having the warning.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.