Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

Free Flight Atlas

Guest Easy Xjer

Hey all before I go off and spend 34.00 on a airport guide that lists all airport in the us with all nav info ils freq icao codes etc is there something in the simmer community that has this info available outside the sim for look up while flying ininterupted? Thanks Dan:-wave

www.airnav.comHope this is what you were looking for, I use it all the time during my flight to print out approach plates etc.Sean

Sean Green

I'd have to agree that I'd rather use Airnav for airport data. Airnav's plates aren't maintained as well as they are at www.myairplane.com or at AOPA (members access only though).I'd spend that $34 on enroute charts or sectionals.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest Easy Xjer

What i was looking for was a guide on paper to use while flying so i dont have to exit the program to get info on other airports if I want to change my destination while say VFR I can access the id codes and ils or vor freq but still be flying while I do this. I have been working on a id file to print out but it only has the id code not ils frq info. Thanks dan

What it amounts to is that you have to do some planning. Sectionals for the entire continental US, Alaska, and Hawaii, are available online (http://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/FAA/sectionals/). http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp will give you the approach plates for all US ILS equipped airports. It's no big deal to take a look at the route and print out what you are likely to use.DJ

Guest Kingair315

You don't have to exit the program. Just keep logged onto the website, and reduce your FS screen from fullscreen to check it while making a flight. At most, you may have to refress the browser screen or enter a new destination you desire.

Guest Len

Actually there are programs out there where you don't even have to exit MS or reduce the window. You can access the guides online through the kneeboard while flying. FSWidgets had one through their weather program but I'm sure there's something in AVSIM file library.