Dumont

First FSW update available on Steam

First FSW update available on Steam

FSW now runs version 1.0.16555.0

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Far in space and time from my sim PC :-(

Maybe tonight before going to bed, it WIFE-ATC authorizes....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Don´t rush, no big changes. It´s a minor update, they just adjusted the brightness.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Small download, took about 30 seconds here. Some folder changes and some other bits also changed, but nothing really major. Sim-wise the only really noticeable difference is the lighting has been subdued a bit to make it look less like the Enola Gay has just dropped a nuke above you when you are sitting on the runway.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

Don´t rush, no big changes. It´s a minor update, they just adjusted the brightness.

That may be a small change; but it would have a major impact on appearance.  Does it fix the white-hot, glowing runways and taxiways?

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

This was a minor update, but it does a bit more than that:

• Addressing brightness issues on runways
  • Improved lighting on autogen buildings and AI aircraft
  • Improving lighting on the horizon
  • Translation fixes in the UI for German & French
  • Music tickbox is now ticked when music slider at 0
  • Quitting a lesson now returns to lesson screen
  • Disabled state option implemented in repeat dropdown in Key Assign Panel
  • Livery of the aircraft in Scud Runner mission changed to reflect UI
  • Heavily revised audio for both PA34 and PA46
  • Momentum effect applied to all aircraft default cockpit views
  • Upvote 3

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Ok, will fetch it latter tonight and make a simple circuit, or complete another mission :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

the update dropped about half of my controls setup, not a game-stopper but annoying none the less. (either that or it did not save all settings - but I had ran it on 4 or 5 occasions before update with no problems) 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, MadDog said:

That may be a small change; but it would have a major impact on appearance.  Does it fix the white-hot, glowing runways and taxiways?

they also made the clouds darker.  the highlights are now a weird reddish yellow...not bright by any means.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

The loss of controller definitions has happened to me once after installing DTG the first time the day after it was released.

That had also happened when I installed Aerofly FS 2. Both share being Steam games, and indeed Aerofly FS2 even ended up interfering with my FSX:SE controller configurations. It never happened again though.

Probably some bug to be addressed later ? Might also have to do with Win 10 updates ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Still don't like colors and brightness. Also, I noticed strange textures in the clouds that I hadn't noticed in the first release. And finally, in my only flight so far with the same settings I had a slight FPS decrease, but I am not 100% about this. I will reproduce all the flights and situations I made after the first release to see if and what actually changed.

17_zpsqyxmluwm.png

Despite the fact that it is actually really hot and sunny in Manchester at the moment, I still think the airports and terrain are a bit on the bright side in comparison to what things looked like at EGCC for real today (had the roof down on my car and was still flipping boiling hot lol). For now I've tweaked that with Catalyst's settings, but I hope DTG will either tweak it some more or give us some sliders in FSW. At pesent it is so bright that it is almost bleaching the plexiglass nose of this Flying Fortress out of existence.

If I can make a suggestion to DTG, could you please get a woman's opinion on the colour and brightness settings, on a properly calibrated monitor (calibrated with a spider or a professional grading chart) in low light settings? (no, I'm not joking). Amongst the courses I teach professionally with my training company, are developer authorised colour correction ones for stuff like the industry standard for movie colour grading work, BlackMagic DaVinci, as well as things like Adobe Speedgrade, FilmLight etc, and it is a fact that women are better at colour grading on those courses. This is because women generally have the ability to see a broader range of colours than men (typically, the average woman can differentiate about 17 million different shades and hues, whereas blokes on average see about 11 million or so and it is also almost unheard of for a woman to be colourblind, whereas of the three different types of colourblindness - protanopia, dueteranopia and tritanopia, almost ten percent of the male population are affected by one of those in some way). I see that borne out on the courses I teach, so trust me on this one, women are demonstably better at that stuff and will enable you to get a much better setting for the sim.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

1 minute ago, Chock said:

For now I've tweaked that with Catalyst's settings, but I hope DTG will either tweak it some more or give us some sliders in FSW.

I support the proposal for more sliders in FSW.

Midday, as the shadow under the aeroplane does of course indicate.

Alan Bradbury