Sign in to follow this  
TechguyMaxC

Thank you to developers that have chosen not to charge for v4 updates

I agree.  It's nice to be able to use what we have at no additional cost, but I don't have any problem re-purchasing for native releases, even if they are the same thing, but optimized in every way.

So far, I agree. In addition to it, I'd like to say thank you to all developers for making their products compatible with newly upcoming V4. Some products need lots of work and the developers are charging for an upgrade, or even a full price product, that is totally fine. You have a life and bills to pay, so do we, and we will continue to support all the fine products which are available to this community.

(Pete Dowson new FSUIPC V5 will be a full new product, but no one can doubt his magic and contribution to us. Has been, and always will support him)

Cheers,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

This is going to help the transition to v4 be much quicker. The more people on v4, the faster third party developers can start to create v4-specific products that will take advantage of the more robust capabilities that v4 offers. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Caution:

As we all know, business are there to make money- that's understandable. However, there are some charges that are really unnecessary... such as charging for a P3D installer coming from FSX. (Without mentioning names; but, you all know whom I'm referring to). Therefore...

.... to prevent these extra charges to continue from any developer, I'd like to remind and request that we all refrain from comments such as....

"I don't care how much it costs, I will pay for it."

"Just shut-up and take my money"

"Your product is so good that I don't care paying  for it again."   

(Folks: Being smart is not about how much you know, but, what you know and how to apply such in life)

• Upvote 2

Yes, great many thanks.

Let's not forget that LM deserves some praise here too, for making this an easy transition. Many of us were sure it would be an expensive disaster.

As an AS16 owner for p3dv3, do I have to purchase the 64 bit version?

spacer.png

15 hours ago, whoispankaj said:

And why should they not charge

Now after reading your post, I am sure they will change their mind.

This is the way to maintain the userbase. I don't even mind paying again for updates when (if) P3D V5 comes out.

Way to go, and (VERY) surprised at some developers doing this, it was about time.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Great, & thanks.

So, a free upgrade for existing owners of P3D stuff. That covers compatibility. 

Obviously (probably) a cost for 64bit native stuff?

Many thanks. Good times indeed. :biggrin:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Nothing changed THAT much that justifies complete new versions to surface, don't be fooled by that.

We still have the same engine and everything will still work on it with code recompiles and adjustments where required.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

After reading through this thread, it just occurred  to me that there is another  reason (other than being charitable) that third party  developers are offering free updates for P3d  V4. As the number of flight sims proliferates, the burden on 3PDs to maintain compatibility is becoming immense.

The free upgrade encourages customers to drop older versions of P3d and FSX  in favor of P3d V4. This reduces the demand on addon developers to provide support for users of legacy flight sim products. It's the same logic that LM is using by suggesting  that Windows 10 is a better option for running P3d V4.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's the same logic that LM is using by suggesting  that Windows 10 is a better option for running P3d V4.

Having seen and quantified at work the dramatically better memory-management Win10 offers over Win7 when dealing with massive amounts of data, I believe LM's suggestion has a bit more behind it than just consolidating their user-base to one OS.

For what it's worth, with so many developers offering a upgrade free of charge it's made the difference to me deciding to buy P3D V4 on the day of release otherwise I couldn't have justified the purchase just yet.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.