Sign in to follow this  
john1383

P3Dv4

For those of us who use P3d, there is a new 64bit version due out next week.

I presume software like vox will be incompatible with it as it is not just going to 64 bit but there seem to be some other fundamental changes too.

You can have v3 and v4 on the same computer though.

Don't assume anything. I suggest to you that almost all developers will produce 64 bit compatibility  with P3d. But give the developers a chance first to see the revised V4 SDK which will also be released on May 30. Many developers  are not part of the LM beta team, unfortunately.

I'll be happy just to have a final stable official VoxATC release first. Not even thinking about P3D v4, because like everything else, usually the first release of anything is never the best time to jump into it, specially after so much invested on other addons. Right now, provided VoxATC does release an official update, I'm doing well with VAS with the beta version. Something I didn't have before without VoxATC. The main reason for me to move on to a 64bit P3D, would be for that reason, but I don't see too much of a big difference to do so right now. I say, wait for a few P3D 64bit updates and listen to a few reviews, before even thinking about switching.

someone tried to install in P3DV4 ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

It's not possible to make VOXATC  work with P3d V4. The two panel gauges that VOXATC  installs are 32 bit libraries. As you may have noticed, the release version of VOXATC  7 has been delayed, so there's still hope that it might be 64 bit compatible.

15 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's not possible to make VOXATC  work with P3d V4. The two panel gauges that VOXATC  installs are 32 bit libraries. As you may have noticed, the release version of VOXATC  7 has been delayed, so there's still hope that it might be 64 bit compatible.

*fingers crossed*

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Huh, another go around! lol

I switched to v4 on day one, I got back my passion for flight simulation after two years of struggling, finally the performance is acceptable. I already have Orbx Germany, the A2A C172 and ASN+ASCA working, just waiting for Aerosoft's Airbuses and some airports. For me it was a game changer. I really hope to see VoxATC in all of this, it would turn it in the ultimate sim dream.

I'm glad your passion is back, I know how many have struggled in the past with OOM and VAS issues. Funny thing is that I use to have those issues too, but I didn't have to switch to P3Dv4. Thanks to Jay, I realized I only had to contain the percentage of air traffic with VoxATC and in with my FSUIPC. Still have plenty of traffic, more than I really need within my bubble of flight path, and no more crashes. I don't even have the latest and the greatest hardware, but like everything else in our wonderful world of sim, no two systems will behave exactly the same, or give the same level of stability.

My problem wasn't really OOMs. which I experienced only once, it was purely FPS and stuttering. Sure this programs are deeply system-bound, so it's not the same for everyone

Can I add my vote to getting VoxATC v7 to support Prepar3D V4 as soon as possible?  If there is anything I can do to support such a move - beta testing, for instance - I have just retired and have more time on my hands as a result!  Having previously tried several combinations of product, VoxATC easily beats the competition for real feel.  

VoxATC, combined with FS2Crew, Aerosoft Airbus or Majestic D8 Q400 makes for a killer combination, but suffers from OOM errors when combined with realistic levels of JF Traffic360 traffic at busier airports on FSX.  A 64 bit solution is the obvious answer, and I'd be happy to help if I can!  As a retirement present to myself, I've splashed out on the Professional version of P3D V4, so ready to roll once VoxATC, Aerosoft & Majestic, and then FS2Crew are upgraded as well (this could become expensive...)

Richard
Bristol, UK
Simming since FS95

I'm surprise we can even post anything on these unofficial forums, since a few days ago they announced it would be read only! lol

Hi Johnny,

It's thankfully been rescinded - post away...

:)

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, Richard Edwards said:

Having previously tried several combinations of product, VoxATC easily beats the competition for real feel.  

It is surprising that no other developer has taken the same approach  as VOXATC. It's pretty clear to me that since P3d integrates ATC  and AI traffic, that such an add-on must override P3d and also provide both in an integrated fashion.

The rest of VOXATC  is not that unique. Like Pilot2ATC, it uses the built-in Windows speech recognition  and Text to Speech capabilities, rather than typing ATC  requests and then having responses provided by the archaic "voice snippet" approach that P3d uses. The only way that VOXATC  could get more realistic  would be for it to use live traffic for its airborne AI.

15 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The only way that VOXATC  could get more realistic  would be for it to use live traffic for its airborne AI.

Ultimate Traffic or Traffic360 can both simulate/use real-world airline schedules (UT is better), and with Ultimate Traffic I have in the past religiously searched the web to get all the PAI or other AI capable aircraft and paints to populate the airports I fly from with those that should be there.  VoxATC picks up these schedules using its Indexer from the BGL created by the traffic programmes.  But FSX and earlier P3D up to V3 suffered from not being able to handle the full schedules at the likes of LHR due to OOM errors, leading to VoxATC crashing and ATC going silent.

Many add-ons use voice recognition and text-to-speech, such as FS2Crew, Cockpit Chatter, etc.  VoxATC implements these in the best way for ATC, and handles the AI most effectively.  Taking this over from P3D, as it did for FSX for many years, is nothing new.

Richard
Bristol, UK
Simming since FS95