Sign in to follow this  
john1383

P3Dv4

I didn't mean to imply that no other sim add-on used Windows VR /TTS, but rather that VOXATC and Pilot2ATC  are the only common ATC add-ons that use it. The ATC voice snippet approach  is what Microsoft  used  in its flight sims, but it has the drawback of being only as good as its prerecorded dictionary of words. Every time a new airline, aircraft or airport name needs to be added, someone has to either create the new file from editing an existing  file (with EditVoicepack) or as in the case with some ATC add-ons, find the original person and have them record the new name. It's another analog vs. digital debate.

The second advantage of the Windows TTS  is that it works with a whole host of languages  and dialects.

There is not even news about a final release for v3.4 vs. another beta release. 

Was so happy to see the new version and even P3d v4 support but ran in to problems directly at my first flight. After starting VoxATC it compains there is no available arriving runway. I tried both my Sim720 airport Oban and Inverness without luck and I have no problems with these airports and Vox in p3d v3 so the AFX files are correct.

Anyone else experience this?

mike

2 hours ago, gufau said:

VoxATC7.4 has officially been released today. 

Works with Prepared3D V3 and V4

Terrain aware (no more vectors into mountains)

Can be run on a separate system to the flight simulator (net server)

Improved traffic generation

Separate installers for each simulator you have installed, no switching between simulators if you have more than one installed

The cost of a new licence is £49.95 and for existing users, £29.95 

These prices include VAT

Nice of them to include a discounted upgrade path... :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I found that the v7 Indexer doesn't read the add-on.xml entries.

I've emailed Tegwyn about it.

Kevin, have you had any luck with the new versions and UK airports. If I recall from old forum posts you fly mainly UK and you too use FSAerodata right? Could you possibly try either Sim720 Inverness or Oban and see if VoxATC 7 works for you?

mike

1 minute ago, cbd80 said:

I found that the v7 Indexer doesn't read the add-on.xml entries.

I've emailed Tegwyn about it.

Oh so that might be the problem then

16 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

Oh so that might be the problem then

Mike, if they're installed using the new method it will be the case. Should be an easy fix for Tegwyn to make.

sim720 scenery is p3d v4 native compatible so yes the airports are not at fault. Hopfullt Tegwyn will have a fix soon.

I have several A2A aircraft (Cherokee, Cessna 172, and Comanche)  installed and working fine in P3d v4. VoxATC doesn't recognize them in the VA Panel. So no VoxATC in those aircraft. Anybody got it to work?

1 hour ago, Mad_Mac said:

I have several A2A aircraft (Cherokee, Cessna 172, and Comanche)  installed and working fine in P3d v4. VoxATC doesn't recognize them in the VA Panel. So no VoxATC in those aircraft. Anybody got it to work?

I don't have those aircraft. Does A2A install them via the add-on.xml method? If so that will be an issue. I installed the Alebo Pawnee using that method and Vox didn't pick it up with its panel tool.

2 minutes ago, cbd80 said:

I don't have those aircraft. Does A2A install them via the add-on.xml method? If so that will be an issue. I installed the Alebo Pawnee using that method and Vox didn't pick it up with its panel tool.

That will be the same issue I think yes

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png