Sign in to follow this  
john1383

P3Dv4

On 8/1/2017 at 9:53 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

It's fairly easy to add the two VOX gauges manually. Just install them into one of the P3d default aircraft and copy the Window04 and 05 sections to the new plane's panel.cfg.  I can post detailed instructions if anyone needs them.

I did this but it still did not pick it up. Ran the indexer and the panel installer after doing this but no go. Not sure if i'm doing anything wrong, since the panel.cfg for the a2a planes is in the addons folder it seems it makes no difference, it just doesn't pick it up. :( 

You have to add the "window=xx" and "window=xx+1" entries to your existing panel.cfg as well as the later entries in the panel.cfg that you are copying them from, with the Windows numbers changed accordingly, in case you have not done that?

Also , if the window does not appear in the sim go to the top of screen menu, open the vehicles ( I think it is, I am not at my computer) heading, go down to instruments (again I think!) and you should see the Vox entries there. Click on them and they will open on screen.

Just found this thread searching for how to get the A2A birds working with VOXATC in P3Dv4.  Mine are installed via addon.xml and the actual airplanes are in the "my documents\Prepar3d v4 addons" folder.

I manually added the properly numbered window and panel sections to the panel.cfg file of each of the aircraft.  The panel now shows up, though it needs to be selected from the top menu.  When I click the "Enable" button, it processes for a minute or so, then I get a "critical error - shut down VoxATC" message.  Looks like this might not be all that's required to get this going.  Any thoughts?  

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I agree. Unless one completely undoes the P3d V4 add-on.xml installation techinique in favor of the standard aircraft installation, the VOXATC Indexer utility does not find the aircraft correctly. Waiting for the supposed VOXATC update seems like the only safe approach for now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I agree. Unless one completely undoes the P3d V4 add-on.xml installation techinique in favor of the standard aircraft installation, the VOXATC Indexer utility does not find the aircraft correctly. Waiting for the supposed VOXATC update seems like the only safe approach for now.

I'm waiting...with a 4 month old a 4 year old and a demanding wife I havent got time to mess around with things! 

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

44 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Just found this thread searching for how to get the A2A birds working with VOXATC in P3Dv4.  Mine are installed via addon.xml and the actual airplanes are in the "my documents\Prepar3d v4 addons" folder.

I manually added the properly numbered window and panel sections to the panel.cfg file of each of the aircraft.  The panel now shows up, though it needs to be selected from the top menu.  When I click the "Enable" button, it processes for a minute or so, then I get a "critical error - shut down VoxATC" message.  Looks like this might not be all that's required to get this going.  Any thoughts?  

I have found that error message disappears after a few seconds and everything works again, vox seems to need time to think....except I am still having problems with not being able to contact the tower at the destination...after establishing on ILS the copilot refuses to tune the radio and if I try a flight using voice actuation (and not the auto FO) the radio tuning doesnt work that way either.

I generally know what I am doing with this sort of stuff and I have tried all sorts of variations of set up but the result is the same...it is hard to believe I am the only person to experience this!!  

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I'm waiting...with a 4 month old a 4 year old and a demanding wife I havent got time to mess around with things! 

Congratulations,I guess.

Just to confirm, I switched the RealAir Turbine Duke's installation setup from add-on.xml to the way it was installed in P3d V3 and it works fine with VOXATC 7.4. The location of the aircraft file does not matter as long as it is referenced in SimObjects.cfg correctly. But for the A2A aircraft, I woiuldn't fool around with them as every time you try to do an update of any of those airplanes, the installation might get messed up.

I managed to get this working with the A2A planes.

After manually adding the four new sections to each panel.cfg, I copied the folders from "My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes" to "\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes" and then ran the VoxATC indexer.  Once the indexer completed, I deleted the A2A planes from the "\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes" folder.  I have only flown VFR, but VoxATC is working very nicely with the A2A PA-28, C172 and C182 using this method.  It should not interfere with any A2A updates (unless the panel.cfg is replaced and the sections will need to be readded).  However, every time you run the VoxATC indexer, the aircraft folders will probably need to be copied to "\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes".

Will try an IFR flight as soon as possible to see if I get a proper handoff...will let you know.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

30 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I managed to get this working with the A2A planes.

After manually adding the four new sections to each panel.cfg, I copied the folders from "My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes" to "\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes" and then ran the VoxATC indexer.  Once the indexer completed, I deleted the A2A planes from the "\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes" folder.  I have only flown VFR, but VoxATC is working very nicely with the A2A PA-28, C172 and C182 using this method.  It should not interfere with any A2A updates (unless the panel.cfg is replaced and the sections will need to be readded).  However, every time you run the VoxATC indexer, the aircraft folders will probably need to be copied to "\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes".

Will try an IFR flight as soon as possible to see if I get a proper handoff...will let you know.

I'm pretty sure that this assumption is correct. The Indexer creates two files. One data file stores the converted traffic BGL information that the Indexer discovers from parsing scenery.cfg. The second file stores specific information about aircraft which have  had the VOXATC gauges added to their panel.cfg file. This is likely to be various performance and other data derived from when the Indexer scans SimObject.cfg looking for aircraft. The latter information is culled from aircraft.cfg and includes the path for the each aircraft folder. My guess is once one runs the Indexer again, the entire VOXATC aircrafttypes.dat file is overwritten.

Again, for the vast majority of VOXATC users, it is probably better to wait for an update.

• Upvote 1

I had a reply from Tegewyn who said we should expect an update to VOX ATC to support the new Addon.xml installation method within the next week or so. Can't wait! :)

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit confused regarding UT2 ai aircraft along with VoxATC in p3d v4.  I have the stock UT2 and had been using voxatc with the bridge to bring in all those wonderful UT2 liveries into Voxatc when I was using FSX.  Now what can I do to get those different real-world planes into Vox without a fps hit from older non- v4 compliant aircraft models?  What are my options?  Is it better to wait a while until somethings is better developed for voxatc traffic integration?

Thanks,

John

Your options at present for AI traffic are limited to packages that use BGL traffic files. One is My Traffic 6. The other is to construct your own AI traffic using freeware models, liveries and schedules developed and supported by the Alpha India Group. Both options have been discussed at length on AVSim.

Please check, I purchased this, but it appears to delete all waypioints in all flights when you save a flight! The only way to fix things is a reinstall, I do not know if there is w aworkaround

Not sure what you mean deleting all waypoints.  I've had no such problems with p3d v4 and VoxATC's latest release.  Just some of the same problems that plagued the FSX version such as AI planes getting stuck on taxiways.  I also still have blank screen for "recent Coms" window.  "Save a flight" - in P3d v4? 

John