Sign in to follow this  
john1383

P3Dv4

There has been not much talk on this topic for a while but I thought on sharing my experience with VoxATC 7.41 and P3D v4.2. I encounter what I perceive to be a bug or an error in my part that makes the simulator crawl!!! So I use VoxATC in combination with Traffic 360 Airplane Models and used the schedule created by such program.  Here is the situation. If I use default ATC with a traffic setting of 20% on GA and Airliners I get at least 60 planes being populated...All runs smooth until I open a window to view any of the planes, then the Simulator crawls!! when i close the second window Simulator Goes back to smooth!!! Now if I use Vox ATC when I populate AI with even 5% (that is about 10 Aircraft on busy airport) the Simulator crawls only when I use VoxATC with 0% is that I can use the program without frame rate loss. Some one said that traffic 360 models are not compatible with P3Dv4. I still have to determine if the default AI models dampen performance. Any Thoughts apreciated.

I believe you're supposed to set both GA and commercial traffic to 0% in the sim, then in VoxATC settings, set the traffic percentage there to whatever you like.  I find 50-60% works well.  I think you can not have both active.  Keep in mind, the AI that is created by the sim is not controlled by VoxATC.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

@Gridley Thanks for your response although I don’t think I was clear enough!! I do know that VoxATC is to be used with 0% Traffic from the simulator. I was making a comparison in performance from when I use the Sim AI and when I use VoxATC AI. The issue is that I can have 100 AI from the Sim Traffic without any issue but when I use VoxATC 5 aircraft is enough to bring my frame rate from 40 to even 10 FPS. I think it has to do with simconnect but it could be me doing something wrong. I’m using VoxATC 7.41 with P3D v4.2 Thanks!!!

Otniel,

If you provide some more information about your setup, maybe someone can help you. I can tell you that on my computer, VOXATC 7.41 is substantially more performance friendly than the default P3d 4.2 AI . And it should be, considering that it doesn't really try to keep track of every AI flight in every traffic BGL file. It creates its own database from those traffic BGL files and it manages AI traffic just around the user's aircraft. Traffic 360 is very old add-on and it is not designed for use in P3d4. It might work, but it also might create issues. The fact that you experience serious performance loss with the default AI when opening a second window indicates that something needs fixing on your end. What OS are you using? Is this the licensed version of VOXATC 7.41? Have you disabled the default sim traffic BGL file? Are any of the Traffic 360 models designed for FS9? Does this happen at all airports including stock airports? Have you tried VOXATC with one of the sample flight plans that are included with it? What voices are you using? Have you tried to test VOXATC in First Officer mode?

Jay

12 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Otniel,

If you provide some more information about your setup, maybe someone can help you. I can tell you that on my computer, VOXATC 7.41 is substantially more performance friendly than the default P3d 4.2 AI . And it should be, considering that it doesn't really try to keep track of every AI flight in every traffic BGL file. It creates its own database from those traffic BGL files and it manages AI traffic just around the user's aircraft. Traffic 360 is very old add-on and it is not designed for use in P3d4. It might work, but it also might create issues. The fact that you experience serious performance loss with the default AI when opening a second window indicates that something needs fixing on your end. What OS are you using? Is this the licensed version of VOXATC 7.41? Have you disabled the default sim traffic BGL file? Are any of the Traffic 360 models designed for FS9? Does this happen at all airports including stock airports? Have you tried VOXATC with one of the sample flight plans that are included with it? What voices are you using? Have you tried to test VOXATC in First Officer mode?

Jay

Thanks Jay!!! I know is to many variables!!! Traffic 360 could very well be a huge part of the problem. I don’t know what models it has or what version it belongs to. But I think is time to put my troubleshooting hat and remove all Addons run Vox ATC in a clean P3D install if it runs good then keep adding addons unti I find the one!!! I should have done this before I posted here!! Sorry I was kind of lazy to uninstall P3D but is something I must do!!! Thanks I’ll keep posted of development 

33 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Otniel,

Jay

Thanks Jay!!! I know is to many variables!!! Traffic 360 could very well be a huge part of the problem. I don’t know what models it has or what version it belongs to. But I think is time to put my troubleshooting hat and remove all Addons run Vox ATC in a clean P3D install if it runs good then keep adding addons unti I find the one!!! I should have done this before I posted here!! Sorry I was kind of lazy to uninstall P3D but is something I must do!!! Thanks I’ll keep posted of development. To answer your questions I’m running Windows 7 with the registered version of vox. Also I deactivated the traffic Bgl that comes with the sim and change it for the one created by Traffic 360 since it has more flight schedules! I regard Vox ATC as one of my Must have addons so I have to get it working before I can add anything else!!

I'm using MyTraffic6.0a models and have removed the incompatible ones.  I seem to have better performance with VoxATC AI than a similar number of planes using compiled flight plans and bgls.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I don’t know how to recognize what are the compatible models from the non compatibles I need to do some reading on that or just get Vox ATC to work and wait for a AI model package designated for P3Dv4!!! 

28 minutes ago, ETNWHVAC said:

I don’t know how to recognize what are the compatible models from the non compatibles I need to do some reading on that or just get Vox ATC to work and wait for a AI model package designated for P3Dv4!!! 

For MyTraffic6.0a there was a really nice list folks compiled of what to remove, not sure if that exists for traffic360...

Ok so I’m not really sure what happened but Upon uninstalling P3Dv4.2 and reinstalling I could not replicate my issue any longer!! Perhaps it was a corrupted install. Any how I’m back to put simobjects into the simulator I haven’t installed FSUIPC or Real Time FS yet so let’s see how that goes!!! I don’t think I need Real Time FS any longer since From 4.2 LM claims to have fixed the time zones. Thanks every one!!!