Sign in to follow this  
john1383

P3Dv4

11 hours ago, cbd80 said:

I don't have those aircraft. Does A2A install them via the add-on.xml method? If so that will be an issue. I installed the Alebo Pawnee using that method and Vox didn't pick it up with its panel tool.

I wrote Tegwyn about this, and he got back to me right away. The issue is the new file structure for addons. He is working on a solution, but for now VoxATC only recognizes planes in the traditional ....P3dv4/simobjects/airplanes folder. 

• Upvote 1

Shame if you use Ultimate traffic live you have to wait a couple of months. Anyone know a workaround? 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, stevefocus said:

Shame if you use Ultimate traffic live you have to wait a couple of months. Anyone know a workaround? 

Theres my answer then, was just about to ask where it was compatible. How come we have to wait a couple of months?

Liam Carbin

55 minutes ago, Mad_Mac said:

I wrote Tegwyn about this, and he got back to me right away. The issue is the new file structure for addons. He is working on a solution, but for now VoxATC only recognizes planes in the traditional ....P3dv4/simobjects/airplanes folder. 

Snap - I understand it will be updated to cover this :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

51 minutes ago, astro_liam said:

Theres my answer then, was just about to ask where it was compatible. How come we have to wait a couple of months?

From what I understand it's waiting on the UT bridge being updated.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

It's fairly easy to add the two VOX gauges manually. Just install them into one of the P3d default aircraft and copy the Window04 and 05 sections to the new plane's panel.cfg.  I can post detailed instructions if anyone needs them.

So I bought the upgrade option, downloaded and installed Vox 7.4 and now what? How do I register it?

EDIT: Contacted support and they will send me the new serial via email.

20 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

I just hope this will fix the issue with MyTraffic. Since there is no official v4 installer I had to install it using the xml method and problem now is the indexer can't find the AI aircraft. I would solve this myself if I knew where Vox stores the indexer entries.

Okay nevermind, found it but seems way too complex to edit.

On 01/08/2017 at 8:15 PM, armchair_pilot said:

So I bought the upgrade option, downloaded and installed Vox 7.4 and now what? How do I register it?

EDIT: Contacted support and they will send me the new serial via email.

Hello,

I bought also the upgrade option and like you I have not the registration code (the V6 registration code of course don't work)

Question : I contacted RcSimulations (waiting for their answer). Did you contacted also the author Tegwyn West ?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

8 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Hello,

I bought also the upgrade option and like you I have not the registration code (the V6 registration code of course don't work)

Question : I contacted RcSimulations (waiting for their answer). Did you contacted also the author Tegwyn West ?

Thank you and Regards,

Hi, I only sent an email to RCSim, they were quite quick in replying. I only had to provide them my Vox6 invoice and registration N° and they mailed me a new one for v7.

Somehow it's not straightforward where to enter your old reg N° when ordering the upgrade. I thought you would be asked this in the process but nope.

For the time being I think adding scenery with the new method for P3D V4 is possible if you use the lorby addon organizer. This makes a new scenery file in the P3D folder with all the addon scenery in the 'old style' which is also used by makerunways.exe by Peter Dowson. If you temporarely backup your scenery file (program data folder) and replace it with this one (and rename it to scenery.cfg) , then run the voxatc indexer all your scenery should be viewed by the indexer.

I suspect adding AI simobjects can be done in the same manner by temporarely adding lines to your simobjects.cfg (in program data folder). This is the old way objects were added by fsx, and then the indexer should also find them. Back up your original files of course. 

It would be easier if we could point the indexer to which files to use, then the lorby scenery file could be used directly. Or the indexer should read the add on xml files. It just comes down to knowing the folder locations of all used .bgl files if I understand correctly.

I was able to add scenery (that uses the 'new method') to vox atc like this.

I do get a lot of 'fatal errors' on start (ngx and other planes), but changing the flightplan sometimes fixes this. So I suspect it might have something to do with initial plane position/ flightplan / GPS  and not so much which airplane used.

I had the impression that a flyable plane was also used as AI, does anyone know if it is possible to disable this (probably bigger fps impact). Or maybe diabling in simobjects.cfg... ?

Kind regards.

The "flyable plane" issue may have something to do with whether it is used in your traffic BGL files. For example, the My Traffic 6 GA schedule uses the flyable Cessna 172 and also several other flyable aircraft.

The Lorby approach does work but be aware that there is an an additional small bug in VOXATC 7.4 that is being addressed in an upcoming update. Since LM changed the format of the runway and taxiway subrecords  in airport BGL files that are compiled with the V4 SDK, VOXATC will generate an error if a V4 airport is used in a flight plan. Keep in mind that all default and most 3rd party airports were compiled with older SDK versions.

I'm trying to run the networked setup, but it gets stuck in 'Initializing'.  On the server side, the client connected and server running messages are green, and server connected is green in the network client on the sim computer, but when 'Enable'ing in the sim the 'Test..test' voice is heard but it just stays 'Initializing'.  Anybody else having this?

15 hours ago, armchair_pilot said:

Hi, I only sent an email to RCSim, they were quite quick in replying. I only had to provide them my Vox6 invoice and registration N° and they mailed me a new one for v7.

Somehow it's not straightforward where to enter your old reg N° when ordering the upgrade. I thought you would be asked this in the process but nope.

Finally received the "magical" number from RCSim :gaul:. Like you "I thought you would be asked this in the process but nope." Happy to have found Vox again, I have 2 other Atc programs but I always end up back to Vox...and btw the improvement about being vectored into hilly terrain is a great feature.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

5 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

." Happy to have found Vox again,.

Richard

How does the new Vox traffic engine / paints look compared with v6.

I wrestling with the need for UTL / UTBridge etc in the near term !

for now, cheers

john martin