Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

[Poll] What's your Prepar3D v4 plans?

[Poll] What's your Prepar3D v4 plans?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. When Prepar3D v4 is released...

• I will purchase/install P3D v4, uninstall P3D v3 and install my add-ons as they become compatible.
    • I will purchase/install P3D v4 but also keep P3D v3 installed, until all/most of my add-ons become compatible.
    • I will not purchase/install P3D v4 until all/most of my add-ons become compatible.
    • I will not purchase/install P3D v4 until a specific add-on becomes compatible.
    • I will not purchase/install P3D v4 until I evaluate from reviews how it performs compared to P3D v3.
    • I will not purchase/install P3D v4, I am satisfied with P3D v3.
    • I will purchase Prepar3D because of P3D v4. This will be my first Prepar3D installation.

47 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

I never buy anything in this domain until it has been released long enough to have all the gripes found and all the hot fixes, revs, updates, etc. issued.

Well, I can tell you now already that you will never ever buy something from this domain because what you want won't happen.

Sticking with X-plane 11 and Prepar3d v2 until the dust settles.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

I'll be purchasing P3D for the first time and slowly moving away from FSX.  It will take me a better part of a year to fully make the transition when factoring in the costs of my add-ons.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I'm also not on the list. I'll keep my beloved FSX installed as well as XP 11 because it has a huge upside when flying at night.

I'll add P3D v4 and slowly add my favorite add-ons as they become available.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I also could not vote.  I did at one time have P3Dv3 installed but went back to FSX.  In any case,  I am excited about P3Dv4 and plan on purchasing it.  Will still keep FSX on my system. 

My intention is to get P3D v4 on day 1 along side P3Dv3.4,FSX-SE, XP11, FSW, MS Flight, and even on older PC's FS1-FS9 ATP, UFO, plenty of others!.

Then soon I intend to buy "the mother of all PC's" and put P3Dv4 only on that machine. I also intend to buy many high quality add-ons that I don't already have for P3Dv4. 

I will still fly in the old sims on occasion, but only while during a stopover/turnaround or while in long range cruise flying P3Dv4. Unless the power goes out, or during weekly (possibly bi-weekly) reboots, I intend to have P3Dv4 running all the time in my home. :-)

I'm looking forward to rewarding all the hard work the developers have done all this time, by buying things, which in the past I have avoided, to keep VAS OOM's away. The flood gates will open.  

I will buy, probably day one.  This honestly sounds like the sim I've been waiting for these last nearly 25 years I've been simming.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

I will buy, probably day one.  This honestly sounds like the sim I've been waiting for these last nearly 25 years I've been simming.  

Wow, you are easily pleased. The sim I have been waiting for during the last 30 years still isn't there. :cool::biggrin: If the best parts of all current sims could be combined we would get closer. :happy: But still nog close enough.

7 minutes ago, pracines said:

Then soon I intend to buy "the mother of all PC's" and put P3Dv4 only on that machine.

Might consider installing OS/P3DV4/Addons on a dedicated drive, and use different drive(s) for your other sims.   I find it's a great model, duel/triple/quad boot to put OS and only P3D on one dedicated drive, and then other drives for other software.   By doing this my P3D install is ultra clean:  I don't even surf the web on this boot up so there is no need for anti-virus software, no Defender, no other software except P3D, addons and OS.  Makes for a handy way to back up the entire install in one clone or image.  The last time and only time my P3D install got corrupted was when I installed FSDT's Hawaiian Airports and it automatically overwrote GSX in an update which I absolutely did not want to do, and in trying to undo that I corrupted some things.  It was super fast and easy to restore on that SSD my complete OS/P3D install in one fell swoop.  Modern SSDs can manage I/O for P3D and OS with no impact on P3D, IMHO, at least I don't see any evidence of it, unlike in past days where there had been some benefit of putting OS on one drive and sim on another. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, J van E said:

Wow, you are easily pleased.

and it seems you'll never be pleased :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Thanks guys for your input! Probably there are many different configurations especially if all different simulators/installation combinations were included. As this is the Prepar3D forum the poll is mainly oriented to Prerar3D users, that's why not specific options for FSX/XP etc.. People who will purchase P3D for the first time (v4) but also keep other simulators installed (FSX/FS9/XP10/XP11/AF2/FSW) can select the last option as it doesn't specify which other sims you are also running.

I think its very interesting to see how other simmers except ourselves, evaluate the new version of P3D.  

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

2 hours ago, J van E said:

Well, I can tell you now already that you will never ever buy something from this domain because what you want won't happen.

Well, there you go.

I'm using the v4 release as the opportunity (well, excuse, really) to build a new rig.  So I'll be cutting over from v3 to v4 - I won't reinstall v3 on the new build.

If I was to stick with my existing rig, I'd install v4 alongside v3.

And to add another dimension, I'll probably take advantage of more power and more storage on the new rig to explore XP11, which I hadn't done earlier because I figured there was a new system in my future.

Lots of ways to cut this.

• Upvote 1

Oh boy, what a question...What a question.  At least 90% of the sim community was/is waiting for the best Sim experience. We have come a very long way in flight simming. When we all thought FSX  was the end, LM came along and rescue us... Today we are only a couple of days from the best Sim possible the world has seen, and does anyone thinks, I will sit and just let pass by. Goodness, in that case I could have stayed with FS09 . LOL