Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

[Poll] What's your Prepar3D v4 plans?

[Poll] What's your Prepar3D v4 plans?  

495 members have voted

  1. 1. When Prepar3D v4 is released...

    • I will purchase/install P3D v4, uninstall P3D v3 and install my add-ons as they become compatible.
      118
    • I will purchase/install P3D v4 but also keep P3D v3 installed, until all/most of my add-ons become compatible.
      217
    • I will not purchase/install P3D v4 until all/most of my add-ons become compatible.
      53
    • I will not purchase/install P3D v4 until a specific add-on becomes compatible.
      18
    • I will not purchase/install P3D v4 until I evaluate from reviews how it performs compared to P3D v3.
      38
    • I will not purchase/install P3D v4, I am satisfied with P3D v3.
      11
    • I will purchase Prepar3D because of P3D v4. This will be my first Prepar3D installation.
      36


Recommended Posts

A few months ago I have switched to the best flight model and best scenery simulator - X-plane 11.

I will continue interested in the best weather, ATC and AI traffic simulator P3D V4.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2017-5-25 at 8:38 PM, franjoflyer said:

I think I will wait, I really don't want to re download orbx airports and regions again (not the best internet connection)

You don't need to, if you have FTX central v3 installed it will copy your Orbx stuff across from P3dV3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm waiting a couple of months before purchasing P3D4.  Hopefully the addon situation will shake out by then and P3D4 will have seen its first patch.

Share this post


Link to post

I will not follow the crowd, but instead, I will sit back and read about all the bugs and issues that always comes right after the latest and the greatest release are out. There are always kinks and issues no matter how much they try to launch a stable product, so I will wait for one or two updates like they did with P3Dv3, and then reevaluate where I stand then. Right now I'm doing fine with P3D, and heck, still fly FSX with DX10.

  • Upvote 1

Johnny Rosario

Banner_MJC9.png

Share this post


Link to post

I think I'll wait too. As much as some couple of weeks,:males: just to see the performance (vs v3.4) and read few reviews. Plus first patch lol.

On addons matter... You can see from my sig what's most important to me, so...

ORBX seems will work (tho some say it won't:uwe_melk:) something won't but I can live without that, freemesh is one of the most important thing for me since I'm such a nut for mountains and PTA... I'm sure Yuri will make it work ...eventualy.

So... all in all... looking forward to sail these new seas. As witty mr JFK used to say some quite time ago.

Aircrafts... I got bunch of Carenado and so stuff... not sure about them... but I fly with Pilatus Porter by Tim Piglet  anyway... so guess if that wouldn't work I'll switch to default C172. Again. =) They can't screw me.


FreeMeshX Global       &      P3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)                 plus a bit of orbx magic :)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I made the switch to XP11 as well but may come back just because of some of the things still missing from XP11.  (Do I really want to go through that again?)

I can live without seasonal changes for now. What else do I miss? :)

XP11 brings the most realistic looking stock scenery than any other sim I ever purchased. Night environment is light years ahead of P3D.  Should I mention a lot free sceneries of commercial quality? Or developers like IXEG that actually makes me forget/not miss PMDG at all.

Anyway folks who invested heavily to P3D will stick to V4 and rationalize their choice  with great improvements and so on. But wait until they load all your 3rd party "beauty make up" and start moving sliders to the left. Been there done that, will wait V5 and see what gives.

 

  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Should I mention a lot free sceneries of commercial quality? Or developers like IXEG that actually makes me forget/not miss PMDG at all.

No, but for balance you should mention the lack of decent Ai, ATC and the very rudimentary weather system.

And before you counter with "use Vatsim for ATC" you should really mention the archaic Xsqawkbox and the available model matching sets that is not even close to where Vpilot is right now.

It's those things that keep a lot of us away from XP11, and the fact that Laminar seem to have little interest in improving those areas. what is the point in the IEXG if the airliner environment is so lacking.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Glynn said:

No, but for balance you should mention the lack of decent Ai, ATC and the very rudimentary weather system.

And before you counter with "use Vatsim for ATC" you should really mention the archaic Xsqawkbox and the available model matching sets that is not even close to where Vpilot is right now.

It's those things that keep a lot of us away from XP11, and the fact that Laminar seem to have little interest in improving those areas. what is the point in the IEXG if the airliner environment is so lacking.

+1
Nail on the head... 

  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Glynn said:

No, but for balance you should mention the lack of decent Ai, ATC and the very rudimentary weather system.

And before you counter with "use Vatsim for ATC" you should really mention the archaic Xsqawkbox and the available model matching sets that is not even close to where Vpilot is right now.

It's those things that keep a lot of us away from XP11, and the fact that Laminar seem to have little interest in improving those areas. what is the point in the IEXG if the airliner environment is so lacking.

AI doesn't bother me much I already fed up (in real life) with ADS-B spitting audio warning on proximity targets every 5-10 mins. This is no my definition of fun :) So XP AI find with me - I don't care if it fly by particular rout or just randomly appears somewhere.

 ATC was always 3rd party add on whether we talk about P3D or XP . As far as weather goes I'm very happy with xEnviro (and right now trying up SkyMax 4.5). Airline environment is not lacking for me at all. 

I'm running XP11 with all sliders to the right and recent beta added  another 20 fps. I'm very happy camper and don't regret  switching  from P3D. But again what works for me perhaps doesn't for others. I'm not here to argue 0 just expressing my opinion, if you guys find happiness in V4 I only glad for you :)


flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Share this post


Link to post

Cough, cough, this thread is not about XP11.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

I will most likely skip P3D v4 and wait until v5 comes along. Here is why:

- I only have 4GB of RAM in my PC and 2GB of VRAM on my GTX 750 Ti. This is just barely enough even for P3D v3, but definitely way too low for v4. Switching to v4 would require me to upgrade my RAM and GPU, which under the current RAM prices would be an expensive undertaking. Until v5 will be released (for that, I would buy a new PC altogether), I can use my current hardware and get a good return on investment for two more years to come.

- While a few current add-ons are more or less compatible with P3D v4 and some will be made compatible soon, a couple of my favorite add-ons are not compatible (such as Concorde-X, Level-D 767, Majestic Dash Q400), and there is no sign that they will be updated soon. (And when they are ever made compatible, v5 won't be that far away from then).

- We know that VAS is no longer a problem with v4, but personally, I haven't had a problem with VAS in v3. While it is possible to move the graphics settings to an extent that would trigger an OOM in combination with complex scenery and airplane, my hardware wouldn't be able to cope with such settings anyway.

Don't get me wrong: I am very excited about the release of P3D v4, and I am envious about its new features and the improved performance. However, I know that I won't be able to achieve the improved performance on my hardware, and I will willingly live with that status for two more years. On the other hand, with v3, I have a stably running sim with great add-ons. And finally: If P3D v4 is great, v5 will be even greater!

Share this post


Link to post

For somebody with only few sceneries/aircrafts, switching to V4 is a no-brainer. I still do not know what to do, because the sim runs well in V3 and I do not want to miss my favourite sceneries or aircrafts that for several reasons will not be updated for V4, at least not in the near future. In addition, to make everything working again to the current state will consume lots of time, which could rather be spent for flying. So time will tell, but if enough addons are available, the switch to V4 is mandatory as it will be the future.


Regards,

Chris Keller

--

i7-4790K@4.3 GHz, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GTX1080TI 11GB VRAM, SSD, G-SYNC 1440p monitor

Share this post


Link to post

I have every addon I need working in v3.2 which runs flawlessly on my current hardware. looks great with PTA

I don't need anymore addons for now, all my Goflight modules work fine and i have never had an OOM.

What i need to see in V4 before I throw money at hardware to utilise V4's advances fully:

Evidence that V4 uses the new cpu's with many cores fully. this will influence my next build.

The NGX and the Virtual avionics FMC software that I use ported fully to 64bit.

Fsuipc V5 to get mouse macros reinstated. may not happen as this depends on LM 

Ezdok to get a V4 compatible version.

Pollypot's Goflight Interface tool for V4

Something with the same functionality as PTA

Someone to write a Scenery manager tool as this new scenery management system just looks like a lot of work and no fun.

I will probably just read the forums to keep up with developments and maybe have a look at XP11 whilst things settle down to a point where everything I use now is available in V4 compatible versions.

Fascinating times though for all of us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Afterburner said:

I will most likely skip P3D v4 and wait until v5 comes along. Here is why:

- I only have 4GB of RAM in my PC and 2GB of VRAM on my GTX 750 Ti. This is just barely enough even for P3D v3, but definitely way too low for v4. Switching to v4 would require me to upgrade my RAM and GPU, which under the current RAM prices would be an expensive undertaking. Until v5 will be released (for that, I would buy a new PC altogether), I can use my current hardware and get a good return on investment for two more years to come.

- While a few current add-ons are more or less compatible with P3D v4 and some will be made compatible soon, a couple of my favorite add-ons are not compatible (such as Concorde-X, Level-D 767, Majestic Dash Q400), and there is no sign that they will be updated soon. (And when they are ever made compatible, v5 won't be that far away from then).

- We know that VAS is no longer a problem with v4, but personally, I haven't had a problem with VAS in v3. While it is possible to move the graphics settings to an extent that would trigger an OOM in combination with complex scenery and airplane, my hardware wouldn't be able to cope with such settings anyway.

Don't get me wrong: I am very excited about the release of P3D v4, and I am envious about its new features and the improved performance. However, I know that I won't be able to achieve the improved performance on my hardware, and I will willingly live with that status for two more years. On the other hand, with v3, I have a stably running sim with great add-ons. And finally: If P3D v4 is great, v5 will be even greater!

My Version 3.4 runs great, with 6 Gigs of ram and a GTX 750 TI. I just ordered a GTX 1060 with 6gigs of V ram, but the most I can add to my system ram is 2 more Gigs bringing it up to 8. 3.4 should be running great with that ram and GPU, enabling me to run sliders more to the right. . Version 4 will cost me $1200+ for a new PC where system Ram can be 16+ GB. . Just not worth it for me. Then the other issue, is none of my Copters will work, and that is all I am flying now. 


spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , PMDG DC6,   Carenado Seminole,  Mooney, JF Arrow, Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Bob,

I went from a 780 to a 1070, you will be happy with the new card. The 1070 made the sim run smoother. 1060 is a good shout as the 1070 is properly a bit too much for 3.4.

V4 I am hoping to be OK but its calling for 32GB RAM and a 1080TI. Not this year for sure! Will hope tube flying and 1080x1920 will get me by.

Not long ago I started using PTA and that transformed 3.4 into something I've never seen before. Stunning. v4 does not have that yet :(


David Murden  MSFS  Fenix A320  • PMDG 737 • 

• Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF FULL WALK-THROUGH PDF  • 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...