Sign in to follow this  

Surprised that REX have not developed something similar, seems like it would be a natural choice for them.

Guys... I'm among biggest PTA admirers, let me tell you... see my sig (like I always say:uwe_melk_sblh:) after all but, really, after seeing how does P3D v4 look now, with proper graphical settings (we can share them after all, maybe opening some thread "in lack of PTA now, between taking your own life or volunteer in Peace Corps, what's best settings for P3D") ...me think there's no reason for mass and serial suicide. :mo_oOo:

Yes, P3D without PTA will never look like P3D with PTA but what can we do... Only to hope and prey. And prey some more. Those guys have their private life too, sometimes we forget.. they have done enough for the community maybe it's time for someone else to step up.

Really, once again, thank you Yuri, thank you Predrag, it's been a helluva ride! :ampun:

2 hours ago, stripealipe said:

I'll be willing to backup my shaders, inject a bunch of new ones from PTA into V3 and then manually copy them into V4 to see what happens... will report back sometime today..

Yes ! We need more brave explorers like you stripe ! Where would mankind be right now if there wasn't brave visionars like you or Columbo or Magelan. Or Obama.

Let us know how did your experiment went of course.

Assuming you'll still have a working computer to write from. :mellow::rolleyes:

No PTA for P3D v4 is a major disappointment. I've been thankful for the effort invested in the previous version, but was soooo looking forward to the possibilities of a PTA for v4...

I really hope Yuri will reconsider!

All the best for KNOSSOS and pe11e for sure! Being a father of young child too i understand their decisions. Time is a big factor nowadays.

Myself i can only flightsim at night for example. If i would do this in daytime my wife would take a knife and cut at least my PC cables...

On the other side i also think we are not completely lost. We can compare the original V3 shader files with the PTA edited ones and also with the original V4 ones for example. A tool like "winmerge" does this job very good. So we already may find some values to change manually and get some nice results.

For a start...

And never forget to backup your files!

Thank you guys for you support, and for all the kind words.
I'm currently in the state "should I reincarnate Realism Shader Pack + config tool" for v4, but it will all depend on various things.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

double post, sorry

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Well this was certainly disappointing news to hear:mellow:......and from all the comments so far it shows how much this product was enjoyed and appreciated.  Thanks to both Yuri and Pe11e for all the efforts and hopefully one day we will see them in V4. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

6 hours ago, scisimmer said:

bummer, I really got used to PTA making my P3D look amazing. Was actually going to hold off using V4 until PTA is available. Now it will just look so...bland...

I too hope someone else can jump in and take over.

Hopefully you will come up with something.

If we know what values are being modified per tweak perhaps we will be able to use several in P3Dv4. Perhaps Youri can show us ..

My V3.4 looks so real now as it is tailored to my sim and monitors..

I use Prosim and as it will be compatible aug/sep , so I will stay some more with V3.4.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, Pe11e said:

Thank you guys for you support, and for all the kind words.
I'm currently in the state "should I reincarnate Realism Shader Pack + config tool" for v4, but it will all depend on various things.

Honestly the settings that make the most difference to me are the atmospheric Haze and Rayleigh scattering ones that make it look like you're not flying in a vacuum. I found the rest can be achieved using reshade, so if you could achieve those two it would be a blessing.

For about a year I hadn't simmed. I hadn't touched my hundreds worth of addons and sims. I came back to this world about two months ago and upon seeing how beautiful flightsimming had become thanks to this tool, I got pulled in. You guys will go down into sim hall of fame. If anyone does manage to have success with manual config, i'll make a thread for people to share.

Hi guys,

First time I'm talking here, not that I was not interested but was too busy during the last few months to participate. However, I followed very closely the PTA evolution and I must say that Yuri made an excellent work that really completely changed P3Dv3 and he totally deserves our gratitude for this.

As a simmer, I am of course very disappointed to hear it will not be updated for P3Dv4 as not using PTA in v4 sounds like a huge step back, but as a developer I also fully understand Yuri's decision. Development is not always a makeover, PTA was much probably a huge work and he probably now needs to rest a bit, we all must respect that, even if it's hard to hear.

Of course, it would be great if Yuri could change his mind about it, but the choice belongs to him, and whatever is the reason, we must accept it.

As for me, I'd just like to tell a huge THANK YOU to Yuri, I had a lot of pleasure customizing my sim with PTA to finally release PTAbsolute. I would have loved to do it again for v4, but personal life is much more important, and when you feel it's time to stop, then it's time. :sad: :wink:

Maxime
TOGA projects

Yuri,

Would it be possible  to modify the present P3d  V3 version so that the shader source language files have comment lines added where you made changes to the HLSL code? It might help people who just want to maintain several of your tweaks in P3d V4.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Pe11e said:

I'm currently in the state "should I reincarnate Realism Shader Pack + config tool" for v4...

Yes, you should. :uwe_melk:

But seriously, if you can catch some free time from your overbooked schedule now... it would be great, I mean... maybe you can try if it won't be that complicated, would be such a waste not to publish it, then if it is too complicated and time consuming... just let it go.

So... whaddaya say ? :biggrin: Is there any chance ?

1 hour ago, kmax59 said:

Hi guys,

First time I'm talking here, not that I was not interested but was too busy during the last few months to participate. However, I followed very closely the PTA evolution and I must say that Yuri made an excellent work that really completely changed P3Dv3 and he totally deserves our gratitude for this...

Hi Max. So you are the main man behind TOGA projects and ENVTEX creator, right ? Great add on. You guys obviously knows what to do. My guess is that you will be know what to do with PTA to then.

I was wondering... if there a chance, I mean if Yuri agree of course for you to take PTA one step further, make it compatible with v4 now, I suppose it would slip into payware then, but guess that's ok too, many guys (you may see on these pages how popular this little add on was with older versions of P3D) will purchase it. So it would be win-win situation imo. Giving Yuri his deserved share, dunno, I'm not into these things, maybe some percentage of every purchase to go to him ?

What do you say then Max ? What are our chances ?

I'm a bit joking now with exact the same question for both of you guys, cuz I feel kind of like Jim here:

:laugh:  One out of the million!

• Upvote 3

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.