Sign in to follow this  

It’s hard to find words to express my gratitude guys. Thanks a million for your kind words again!

22 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Would it be possible  to modify the present P3d  V3 version so that the shader source language files have comment lines added where you made changes to the HLSL code? It might help people who just want to maintain several of your tweaks in P3d V4.

Unfortunately not. PTA 2.11 will stay "as is". Despite the fact that "family" sounds too much times in this topic :smile:, but actually I'm going to travel with my family in June. The long-awaited vacation ahead..

It's easy to compare files and entire directories by file contents: I use Total Commander, there are many other such utilities do the same thing.

Regards,

Yuri

6 minutes ago, KNOSSOS said:

It’s hard to find words to express my gratitude guys. Thanks a million for your kind words again!

Unfortunately not. PTA 2.11 will stay "as is". Despite the fact that "family" sounds too much times in this topic :smile:, but actually I'm going to travel with my family in June. The long-awaited vacation ahead..

It's easy to compare files and entire directories by file contents: I use Total Commander, there are many other such utilities do the same thing.

Regards,

Yuri

someone is already making progress

This is not a bad news ..... it's a catastrophe without PTA!

If it were a payment, it would earn a lot!

There you go Yuri... folks are registering on AVsim forum just to say how they feel since you announce that PTA has reach it's dead end ! :gaul:

1 hour ago, KNOSSOS said:

Despite the fact that "family" sounds too much times in this topic :smile:, but actually I'm going to travel with my family in June. The long-awaited vacation ahead...

So, if I understand you well.... you telling me.... there IS a chance !? :lope_you:

:laugh::biggrin:

43 minutes ago, mass30 said:

If it were a payment, it would earn a lot!

Yeah KNOSSOS, come on! Calculate four weeks of hard work = 20$ x 1000 addicts willing to pay instantly...

That's 20000$ in just one month!!!

• Upvote 1

All I have to say to Yuri is THANK YOU!!!! and have a great time with your family on your holidays!!!!!   In the end, there's life after P3D....

2 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

I had already started doing just that with TC, but as you can see from the posts above this one, someone beat me to it. I'll just wait, except maybe for the Rayleigh scattering.

I saw in the logs of PTA that Rayleigh scattering effect is in the Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh file. I found that there are 2 functions modified with PTA: VolumetricFogPS and FogPS. Also, those 2 functions are identical in v3 and v4 in the original files, so I modified the file FuncLibrary.fxh changing the 2 functions in the same way PTA does, then clear v4 shaders cache and start P3D v4. 

Result: black screen and only see the sun! :blush:

Dont know what else to do. I will be happy if I can get this effect in P3D v4.

Any ideas?

28 minutes ago, cnarvaez said:

...In the end, there's life after P3D....

You sure about that ?? :senyum:

It was my 100th post, sorry, I had to go with something... on a lighter note. :males:

Yuri,

First of all, I think we can all agree that PTA is an amazing tool for P3D which has truly revolutionized it. Thanks again for your work!!!

I managed to port my previous preset from PTA over to v4. There were a few problems with the black screen, but I managed to fix it all. Turns out, LM just used different variables in the FuncLibrary file.

This brings me to my next point:

If you could provide the source code for PTA, I could modify it so that it works in P3D v4.0, since I have a general understanding of what has changed from v3 to v4 in terms of shaders.

Thanks!!

• Upvote 6

Well...

why-the-lords-hand-was-with-ezra-ezra-bi

I really do hope you're real McCoy ...Prithvi Shivaraman. :s_bgt:

And so not some potential attention ...gigolo. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, 997R8V10 said:

Yuri,

First of all, I think we can all agree that PTA is an amazing tool for P3D which has truly revolutionized it. Thanks again for your work!!!

I managed to port my previous preset from PTA over to v4. There were a few problems with the black screen, but I managed to fix it all. Turns out, LM just used different variables in the FuncLibrary file.

This brings me to my next point:

If you could provide the source code for PTA, I could modify it so that it works in P3D v4.0, since I have a general understanding of what has changed from v3 to v4 in terms of shaders.

Thanks!!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel !

Please, let it happen.

• Upvote 1

The above sounds nearly too good to be true as people like KNOSSOS or pe11e already said it would take some time and work to port it to v4.

Don't understand me wrong, it would be fantastic if you already managed to port a whole URP profile but then first maybe share some screens before asking for the code.

Some comparison shots P3DV4 default vs your edits are highly appreciated.

Can't wait.

Yuri, Please do not give up on PTA. Please don't stop developing for P3D! We want PTA for v4! 

9 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I had already started doing just that with TC, but as you can see from the posts above this one, someone beat me to it. I'll just wait, except maybe for the Rayleigh scattering.

I guess it is using a non modified file and then see what has been modified.

There is a free online Tool where you can find differences between 2 documents :

https://www.diffchecker.com/

Thanks,

Gerard 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.