Sign in to follow this  

Basically URP is or was a preset/profile for PTA, completed with additional Reshade profile and custom sky textures included.

I think now it won't be a PTA preset anymore but has it's own PTA like config tool or GUI. That's how I understand it.

If the scattering effect was used or will be used I don't remember for sure but I think these guys would have the ability to include it.

URP  I believe was the first shader tool that was available  (may have come out under a different name?) and PTA came out not long after.  It had a pretty simple interface from what I recall.  PTA let you do much more at the time but hopefully URP for v4 will give us all the basic settings for lighting/shadows/scattering. Glad to hear the news about URP!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

27 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

Basically URP is or was a preset/profile for PTA, completed with additional Reshade profile and custom sky textures included.

I think now it won't be a PTA preset anymore but has it's own PTA like config tool or GUI. That's how I understand it.

If the scattering effect was used or will be used I don't remember for sure but I think these guys would have the ability to include it.

On some shots there appeared to be some kind of atmospheric blueish haze. Not sure though if it's Rayleigh scattering.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

You guys read about it ...here?

https://fselite.net/news/ultimate-realism-pack-urp-1-1-p3d-v4-compatible/

I would recognize that Sun with my eyes closed. :senang:

18837013_1552597334792529_25398331002860

That's Predrag Sun version 3. And this guy Eric gives him some credits, umm ok...

so does the Predrag has anything to do with this project or not. Didn't he said here that he give up on this ? I'm a bit confused now. But guess that's not so important, I just hope like all you guys that we will get PTA... in any form... anytime soon.

Btw, I made suneffects mod for my personal (I've actually send mod to couple of guys who show interest into it. they like it. a lot) use I've started with heavy modified Predrag's Sun v2. I think it looks much better than from this guy Eric. I just without those shaders could not reproduce those shadows on gound. It does look amazing.

Nice to read, but I hope for a shader tool :

- clouds

- terrain

- haze

etc

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Yes, I said that I don't have the time to do URP for v4, and that stands still. Prithvisagar Shivaraman did most of the job (converting shader files of URP from v3, and developed a simple config tool so you could apply URP in v4 without a hassle), I just tested the tool, visuals and did some advising. All below screens are taken by me during the short testing.

This is my original post:
Some shots of URP v1.1 tests in v4. So far so good. Expected release in the next 48h, URP website. It will come with a config tool (courtesy of Prithvisagar Shivaraman), and will act as an ADDON, so NONE of the v4 files will be overwritten.
All shots are with URP sky and sun, DEFAULT v4 scenery, and REX4 cumulus set02.

Prepar3D_2017-06-02_05-45-02_cr.jpg

Prepar3D_2017-06-02_05-51-37_cr.jpg

Prepar3D_2017-06-02_05-52-43_cr.jpg

Prepar3D_2017-06-02_05-56-27_cr.jpg

• Upvote 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Soft REX clouds you mean I believe ? :senang:

Thank you for this really really great news Predraze druze !

And also big thanks to Prithvisagar Shivaraman (I used c/p to make sure I don't spell it wrong!) he's real deal after all. I knew it from the firt moment I saw him, no, really...

Anyway... :rolleyes:

shots look amazing, really looking forward to test them in this new, improved, P3D(6)4 !

Why not using Sun mod #2 Predrag, is this (v#3) your choice ? May I show you with what did I came up, using your v2 plus a couple other mods ? :senang:

2 hours ago, gamer19 said:

Soft REX clouds you mean I believe ? :senang:

Thank you for this really really great news Predraze druze !

And also big thanks to Prithvisagar Shivaraman (I used c/p to make sure I don't spell it wrong!) he's real deal after all. I knew it from the firt moment I saw him, no, really...

Anyway... :rolleyes:

shots look amazing, really looking forward to test them in this new, improved, P3D(6)4 !

Why not using Sun mod #2 Predrag, is this (v#3) your choice ? May I show you with what did I came up, using your v2 plus a couple other mods ? :senang:

Not Soft Clouds, standard cumulus set 02. :wink:

I used sun mod 02 particularly for these shots, my random choice. I'm using sun mod 01 usually.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Not soft clouds, really ?

I thought they were the best ones. I know that "regular ones" comes in much bigger resolution but still...  Anyway... I use soft ones. Tried them both, soft gives me much, well... softer sensation. Closer to real thing. It's not all in sharpness, isn't it ? :senang:

About (your) Sun effects... yeah, I mixed up #2 and #3, you use #2 and I use #3.

And this is with what I've come up:

75jHCu2.jpg

TPu76Ct.jpg

Lajkas li ? :senang:

9 minutes ago, gamer19 said:

Not soft clouds, really ?

I thought they were the best ones. I know that "regular ones" comes in much bigger resolution but still...  Anyway... I use soft ones. Tried them both, soft gives me much, well... softer sensation. Closer to real thing. It's not all in sharpness, isn't it ? :senang:

About (your) Sun effects... yeah, I mixed up #2 and #3, you use #2 and I use #3.

And this is with what I've come up:

75jHCu2.jpg

TPu76Ct.jpg

Lajkas li ? :senang:

Your sun mod is pretty nice, but too bright for my taste. Also I don't like Soft Clouds, they never actually gave me the visuals I wanted. They are pretty soft (no **** Sherlock!), not defined shape-wise as standard ones, thus they are not realistic from my point of view, but of course the look of the clouds depends on weather, and that ASCA tried to solve. Also biggest issue I have with Soft Clouds is that they cast pretty pale shadow on the ground. Standard ones cast more intensive shadow, like on my screenshot above. 

I also like when the sun nearly hurts a little in my eyes, but this sun looks as if it's just 150000km away from our planet. The rays look great but the sun itself seems a little too big or... too close. :gaul:

I hope that with this new URP we will have several levels for each tweak setting , so not just on/off ...

Eg : not everyone wants the same shadow depth or sun brightness for the terrain...

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

54 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I hope that with this new URP we will have several levels for each tweak setting , so not just on/off ...

Eg : not everyone wants the same shadow depth or sun brightness for the terrain...

I think you always had these options to taylor everything to your liking in PTA or URP. There was not just on or off. Really not...

22 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

I think you always had these options to taylor everything to your liking in PTA or URP. There was not just on or off. Really not...

USP / PTA were the current ones

URP was more simple if I remember it correctly

However I am glad it will be released

28 minutes ago, GSalden said:

RealismShaderPack which really was the first to come along followed closely by PTA, had three options for each of it's four category's (and very well chosen ones at that)

I actually liked RealismShaderPack better than PTA for it's simplicity but it never went past P3Dv3.2, but then neither did I

download.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.