Sign in to follow this  

Guys, let me get this straight, there is apparently some confusion here about what RSP and what URP is.
RSP or Realism Shader Pack is the first tool if its kind, simple to use, and it will let you to tweak some values and apply some tweaks for shader files. It's like PTA, but much much simpler to use, and it had only some basic tweaks. It is compatible only with P3D v3.2. AS some of you know, Yuri created PTA as he was inspired by my RSP.

URP or Ultimate Realism Pack is the pack which includes my own sky textures, sun mods, PTA presets for use with and without ReShade, and of course ReShade presets. For P3D v3 you can simply open URP presets in PTA and apply it, additionally copying sky textures and one of the sun mods.
Now when PTA for v4 is cancelled (at least temporarily I hope), Prithvisagar Shivaraman came up with a simple config tool that will let you to choose what URP preset, sky textures or sun mods you would like to apply. The rest is done automatically by the tool. It behaves like an ADDON, so he came up with a pretty smart way so none of the P3D files will be overwritten.

I hope you guys understand that we can't release a PTA like tool in just 2 or 3 days after v4 was released, it's just not physically impossible. Yuri worked on PTA  for a month before he released it, and not to mention how many updates he released with many additional fixes and tweaks he released afterwards (months of work).

So, in short, URP v1.1 for P3D v4 is a simple solution until someone will come up with a PTA-like tool.

• Upvote 3

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

:dry:

I feel like one simple "thank you for this wonderful tool" isn't quite enough.

Did he asked for his (Yuri's) permission ? Don't think so...

And he wasn't even mention Predrag(?!) without whom this whole ..movement wouldn't be even started on first place ??

They are on it, Predrag have just said it, don't we all trust the guy now ? Prithvisagar Shivaraman all the way babe ! #PrithviPower :senang:

I really feel like I need to wait for someone like Adam to come up with the settings and we can just implement.  I am not confident at all messing around with this for fear of botching my v4 install.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

All you need to do to test is to backup your shaders folder. It won't change anything else, so if anything goes wrong, just copy the backup folder back and all is good. I'm currently running Adams latest preset btw... :)

I will repeat here what I've said on FB:

I would not use new PTA tool from some author until Yuri say it's ok! I mean, the guy is using Yuri's code and GUI without permission, and shared the app! As I've said, until Yuri give the permission or anything, I will avoid this tool. I respect Yuri, simple as that.

"tomatosalat wanted to clarify a few things before you go ahead and download. Firstly, he didn’t have access to the source code so has reverse engineered the tool."
Clear as a CAVOK. Of course he didn't have access to the source code, Yuri didn't gave any! So he decided to reverse engineer the tool, and shared it with asking for donations.
So lame on so many levels if you ask me.

• Upvote 5

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

2 hours ago, stripealipe said:

Looks like we have another possible option coming in too...  

1 hour ago, gamer19 said:

:dry:

I feel like one simple "thank you for this wonderful tool" isn't quite enough.

Did he asked for his (Yuri's) permission ? Don't think so...

And he wasn't even mention Predrag(?!) without whom this whole ..movement wouldn't be even started on first place ??

They are on it, Predrag have just said it, don't we all trust the guy now ? Prithvisagar Shivaraman all the way babe ! #PrithviPower :senang:

Sure this sounds great now, but also with a little bitter taste in first sight for me too. I don't have the knowledge to know how much of KNOSSOS's or pe11e's work was requiered to get this tool build in such a short time? And if the creator deserves donations for his own.

I think PTA or URP isn't copyrighted and if the creator of this new tool is simply a versatile person who did most of the needed work on his own to get this running in V4 - yes, then he definitely deserves a donation. No question.

But if it just was some hacking in the source i probably wouldn't donate.

I for sure hope the latter isn't the case and want to say thanks now for contributing this.

Anything else wouldn't be the gentleman-way. I hope the creator thinks the same and so i believe everything's alright here...

After the weekend i'll be back at home and can't wait to test either this or for sure the upcoming URPV4.

EDIT: after reading pe11e's simultanuos post my opinion changed a little...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Pe11e said:

I would not use new PTA tool from some author until Yuri say it's ok! I mean, the guy is using Yuri's code and GUI without permission, and shared the app! As I've said, until Yuri give the permission or anything, I will avoid this tool. I respect Yuri, simple as that.

"tomatosalat wanted to clarify a few things before you go ahead and download. Firstly, he didn’t have access to the source code so has reverse engineered the tool."
Clear as a CAVOK. Of course he didn't have access to the source code, Yuri didn't gave any! So he decided to reverse engineer the tool, and shared it with asking for donations.

Exactly my words !

Only better composed. :biggrin:

I join your boycott on this ...reverse stealing and I'll be waiting for the official version and news.

And I can assure you all ...there's no bigger fan of PTA than me, there's no one here who waits the moment when he will be able to fiddle all those Godsend options in this beautiful tool. Heck, I even more modify than I actually fly. But even with all these things in consider... there's something called honor.

Good luck P. All the best.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Pe11e said:

My reading of what tomatosalat said was that he looked at the P3d V3 shader source modifications and tried to create similar modifications for P3d V4. If we want to get picky here, then maybe we should wander all the way back to whether LM (and MS for that matter) are happy about 3rd parties messing around with their HLSL code. It's not like anyone who has tinkered with the shader source files hasn't "reverse engineered" some aspect of the sim. Even the old FSX DX10 fixer app did that. And people are doing all that tinkering for profit, not for personal use. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

In any case, that's the last thing I'm saying about any of these tools in this thread, because the thread is teetering on the edge of the cliff already.

• Upvote 2

Matt Davies (Belynz) posted on Twitter that he has purchased the source from Yuri and will work on a V4 compatible version: 

• Upvote 2

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

My reading of what tomatosalat said was that he looked at the P3d V3 shader source modifications and tried to create similar modifications for P3d V4. If we want to get picky here, then maybe we should wander all the way back to whether LM (and MS for that matter) are happy about 3rd parties messing around with their HLSL code. It's not like anyone who has tinkered with the shader source files hasn't "reverse engineered" some aspect of the sim. Even the old FSX DX10 fixer app did that. And people are doing all that tinkering for profit, not for personal use. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

In any case, that's the last thing I'm saying about any of these tools in this thread, because the thread is teetering on the edge of the cliff already.

I totally agree with this

• Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, KenVerburg said:

Matt Davies (Belynz) posted on Twitter that he has purchased the source from Yuri and will work on a V4 compatible version: 

Thanks Ken

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.