Sign in to follow this  

It's really a delicate topic. If you look into the shaders code after applying PTA, then you can see that Yuri did much more than just adjust some variables. There is genuine new code there which was clearly developed by Yuri. In that sense, it is not ok to reverse engineer PTA. I think what Matt does is the best way to go. He paid Yuri for his work and now takes things forward. And he is a credible player in the flightsim community. I most likely will buy his new version of PTA...

• Upvote 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Looking forward to Matt Davies program. Must buy IMO.

Eric 

Looking forward too.

PTA is a must have !

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Can it be used with urp 1.1 with reshade preset or cannot be applied?

I assume the old PTA 2.11 presets should work with the new app.

2 hours ago, 997R8V10 said:

I assume the old PTA 2.11 presets should work with the new app.

Yes thou cannot adjust settings

Thank you Matt

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Have you watched the twitch tv stream? This guy used to be a bit of fun and entertaining.

'if the reaction from the community is bad, I will just pull it and take the loss'....please. If you are stepping into payware Matt, time to put the big boy pants on.

Glad PTA has a new life though.....

• Upvote 2

Apologies for missing this thread - I actually didn't know that AVSIM offered a forum section for PTA.

Thanks for the kind words and I really hope that myself & my team can bring PTA to a whole new level of awesome. The tool as it stands, is incredible. We've taken it and reworked it for Prepar3D v4. We've got a huge list of features that we'll be adding to it in the not too distant future and I'll post those once we've got the release out of the way.

I should have it to you by the end of the week.

It'll be available via my own site (https://www.simtweaks.com) & also via SimMarket.

It's been an interesting couple of days - it's either been people absolutely loving the fact that PTA wont now be a thing of the past, or people wanting to watch me burn. Interesting community we have at times.

Anyway, I've been as transparent as possible but if you have any questions then I'll do my best to answer them.

Again, thanks for the kind words of support - it means a huge amount.

• Upvote 9

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Hi Matt,

A big thanks you in advance for making PTA2 compatible with P3Dv4. A with PYA 2 tweaked look of P3Dv3 is more realistic than P3Dv4 now is.

With your PTA2 for v4 we can make the same look and even improve it more.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 hours ago, MattDavies said:

or people wanting to watch me burn.

Sour grapes because you intend to go payware? ;)

Personally I think it's only fair. You have to recoup your investment. 

But I'll be singing a different tune if I don't like the pricing. :laugh:

6 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Apologies for missing this thread - I actually didn't know that AVSIM offered a forum section for PTA.

Thanks for the kind words and I really hope that myself & my team can bring PTA to a whole new level of awesome. The tool as it stands, is incredible. We've taken it and reworked it for Prepar3D v4. We've got a huge list of features that we'll be adding to it in the not too distant future and I'll post those once we've got the release out of the way.

I should have it to you by the end of the week.

It'll be available via my own site (https://www.simtweaks.com) & also via SimMarket.

It's been an interesting couple of days - it's either been people absolutely loving the fact that PTA wont now be a thing of the past, or people wanting to watch me burn. Interesting community we have at times.

Anyway, I've been as transparent as possible but if you have any questions then I'll do my best to answer them.

Again, thanks for the kind words of support - it means a huge amount.

Hi Matt,

just wanne take the opportunity to say THANK YOU that you will continue the development of PTA.

i will definatly support you and pay for this wonderful piece of work and i am curious what will be further on possible to implement in that tool

exciting times ahead,  So once again:

Thank you Bro !

• Upvote 1

Carsten U

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.