Sign in to follow this  

31 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

pe11e?

I'm now father of two kids, one is 10 day old baby boy, so family first here. :)
I will either stay in v3, or try to create some kind of tool like original Realism Shader Pack for v3.2, but it will take time, and I'm not sure how long it will take due to above reasons.
Also I must run Immersive Audio, develop new soundpacks, and try to grab some free time for flying. It will gonna be tough certainly.

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Bummer. As exciting as the news is re P3Dv4, flying without PTA means we might as well be using P3Dv4 in monochrome...

24 minutes ago, Pe11e said:

I'm now father of two kids, one is 10 day old baby boy, so family first here...

Congratulations my friend. The rest... is not that important now isn't it ? :senang:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gamer19 said:

Congratulations my friend. The rest... is not that important now isn't it ? :senang:

Thank you :) 
It never was that important tbh, that's why I didn't flew a proper full loaded airliner flight for over a year. 

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hi Yuri. 

Its very sad to hear that PTA will not be upgraded. Its a reason for me to maintain my v3, because with PTA really it is another sim. 

Could you please give us any clue in order to modify any file to have the Rayleigh effect? With that I can be happy. do you think are there many differences between v3 and v4?

Please! We will donate the necesary money to keep this awesome addon! :P

Thanks Yuri!!!!

Congrats on the little ones, Predrag! I somehow missed that post earlier...

FWIW, I've just compared the shader files that PTA affects and the post process ones (FXAAResolve.hlsh, HDR.hlsl, etc.) are unchanged between P3Dv3 and v4. GPUTerrain.fx and GPUTerrain.fxh are mostly similar but the rest (e.g. Cloud, FuncLibrary, General, and Shadow) do appear to have changed moderately. Now, with regard to all of the files, are the changes substantive or not? That's beyond my pay-grade. I wonder if the mild changes in, say, GPUTerrain, would require a bunch of rework insofar as PTA concerned whereas the numerous changes in Cloud or Shadow wouldn't. Quantity versus quality sorta thing, I suppose...

Yuri, sorry to say but you killed most od my P3D v4 enthusiasm... P3D without PTA it's a different sim, I will risk a statement; worst.

Very unpleasant surprise. I want to belive that PTA will be continued....

• Upvote 1

Very sad. I was excited for the release of v4, but with no PTA, v4 won't be nearly as good. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Would you consider open sourcing it so someone else can have a go at adapting it to v4?

• Upvote 1

I'll be willing to backup my shaders, inject a bunch of new ones from PTA into V3 and then manually copy them into V4 to see what happens... will report back sometime today..

• Upvote 1

bummer, I really got used to PTA making my P3D look amazing. Was actually going to hold off using V4 until PTA is available. Now it will just look so...bland...

I too hope someone else can jump in and take over.

• Upvote 1

Prepar3d without pta looks like cartoon. Unfortunately with v4 this is not changed. Maybe with v7 or v8 it looks like real life.

Anyway, Yuri and predrag thanks your great efforts.

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.