Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I think we should stop badgering Yuri now. I'm quite sure he gets our messages of profound appreciation for all he has done for this community. Let's not forget that PTA, etc., arrived quite late on during the development of Prepar3D 3.x, so it would be unreasonable to expect an early solution for V4. 

I am quite sure we all understand Yuri's position. It is indeed remarkable when Developers give up so much of their free time, often at the expense of other priorities, to help communities such as ours. Pete Dowson is another shining example and where would we all be without FSUIPC? Yuri, through his wonderful PTA creation, has become a victim of his own success. Like FSUIPC, the Prepar3D PTA Shader tweaking tool has evolved into being being adopted as an integral, many will say essential, part of our flight simming lives.

Perhaps if we allow Yuri to enjoy an extended period of relative calm, free of any unnecessary pressures imposed by our well-intentioned pleas for him to continue, then maybe, just maybe, he might feel persuaded to give it another shot. After all, the 64bit version of Prepar3D raises the very real prospect that the future will see an extended period of relative stability without those unwelcome shifting of goal posts being the bane of the lives of so many Developers.

Yuri, we love what you have done for us and can't ever thank you enough for helping to transform Prepar3D into such a visual wonder. What you have achieved with PTA is quite extraordinary and is the one thing that truly elevates Prepar3D above the competition.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 6

Just now, 997R8V10 said:

Yuri,

First of all, I think we can all agree that PTA is an amazing tool for P3D which has truly revolutionized it. Thanks again for your work!!!

I managed to port my previous preset from PTA over to v4. There were a few problems with the black screen, but I managed to fix it all. Turns out, LM just used different variables in the FuncLibrary file.

This brings me to my next point:

If you could provide the source code for PTA, I could modify it so that it works in P3D v4.0, since I have a general understanding of what has changed from v3 to v4 in terms of shaders.

Thanks!!

Are the files which are modified by PTA much different in v4 from the v3 files? If not would it not be possible to use a tool to spot the differences and then modify the files for v4 accordingly?

I'm a know-nothing in these waters...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

Are the files which are modified by PTA much different in v4 from the v3 files? If not would it not be possible to use a tool to spot the differences and then modify the files for v4 accordingly?

I'm a know-nothing in these waters...

As i stated before you easily can do side by side comparison for example with winmerge. The different lines get highlighted and you simply can copy from left to right and so on. I already tried myself as I saw no big changes in the gputerrain.fx - but the result was a black screen in sim. Other files have a lot more differences in V4 or new values and variables so I stopped my trial and error journey for now.

One or the other already stated they successfully ported their complete PTA profile to V4 this way but I'm still waiting for some screens (to believe it)...

Gerard,

I think that the problem is going to be that LM altered some of the other shader source files when going from V3 to V4. All of the files may have to be checked, plus the ones that Yuri modified for V3. It may take a lot longer than people first assumed.

Jay

56 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Gerard,

I think that the problem is going to be that LM altered some of the other shader source files when going from V3 to V4. All of the files may have to be checked, plus the ones that Yuri modified for V3. It may take a lot longer than people first assumed.

Jay

Jay, then we can try tweak by tweak. It would have been nice if LM released a list with all shader tweaks and what they do..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

It would be even nicer if Microsoft had commented the original shader source files. But then again, users aren't owed anything.

Just now, tremor595 said:

As i stated before you easily can do side by side comparison for example with winmerge. The different lines get highlighted and you simply can copy from left to right and so on. I already tried myself as I saw no big changes in the gputerrain.fx - but the result was a black screen in sim. Other files have a lot more differences in V4 or new values and variables so I stopped my trial and error journey for now.

One or the other already stated they successfully ported their complete PTA profile to V4 this way but I'm still waiting for some screens (to believe it)...

Rayleigh scattering and blueish haze are basically the key changes I made to v3 with PTA. Do you know how to inject these manually into v4?

Has HDR been modified/improved in v4? Speaking of which, is the HDR luminance adaptation effect still there and if so, do you know how to disable this too?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

What would be nice is if LM would help.  PTA is a great supporting product and it keeps getting the rug jerked from under it with each update.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

Rayleigh scattering and blueish haze are basically the key changes I made to v3 with PTA. Do you know how to inject these manually into v4?

Has HDR been modified/improved in v4? Speaking of which, is the HDR luminance adaptation effect still there and if so, do you know how to disable this too?

Sorry! I'm definitely the wrong person to ask for in-depth knowledge in terms of shaders. 

I just compared some files, that's what everybody can easily do and did some trial and error approaches.

49 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

Wow! I just read at fselite that URP for V4 is just 48h away from us!

Yeah baby!

Never heard of this one before tbh. Just took a look at some screenshots and it definitely looks like a good alternative to PTA. Rayleigh scattering is included too?

54 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

Wow! I just read at fselite that URP for V4 is just 48h away from us!

Yeah baby!

What is the difference between URP and PTA?  Similar utilities?

I was using only URP. Its amazing ! Its config file with shader settings used with PTA.

I guess Predrag (dev) are manage to write tool to apply URP without PTA.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.