Sign in to follow this  
stolowski

Database error with Aerosoft NavdataPro 1706

From a Windows Administrator Command prompt, try executing the following command:

SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB"

If that gives an error you can try the following 3 commands:

SqlLocalDb Delete "MSSQLLocalDB"

SqlLocalDb Create "MSSQLLocalDB"

SqlLocalDb Start "MSSQLLocalDB"

I've now a very long message that say :

"unable to initialize database

The underlying provider failed to open.

Could not open new database

c:/user..../Data/P2ADynamicData.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specifiedfile cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

File activation failure. The physical name

c:/user/.../Data/P2ADynamicData_log.ldf may be incorrect.

The log cannot be rebuilt when the primary file is read only"

I tried to made the folder on read/write without sucess, same if I run P2A as administrator

The error message indicates that the file P2ADynamicData.mdf is read-only.  Check  the properties of that file to be sure it is read/write.

The first part of the error is the error you get when the log file and mdf file are out of sync and deleting the P2ADynamicData_log.ldf usually fixes this one.

The other problem might be where you installed P2A.  It is recommended that you install it in a normal directory or directly in the root of one of your drives like:  c:\SIM\Pilot2ATC or c:\Pilot2ATC.  Seems you have it in one of the User subfolders that might be causing some access issues.

It Finally work !!!!

It was the file P2ADynamicData.mdf which was in read only, in the security parameter.

Thanks for all. 

I'm having the same problem but the above steps have not helped. I've checked the folder and file permissions, and they are read/write. I've tried running both the installer and Pilot2ATC 2.4 as administrator. Creating and starting the MSSqlLocalDB changed the error message, which now states it can't be initialized because it is version 782, and the server only supports 706 and earlier, and a subsequent message states that a database of the same name exists.

Suggestions, please?

49 minutes ago, whraven said:

I'm having the same problem but the above steps have not helped. I've checked the folder and file permissions, and they are read/write. I've tried running both the installer and Pilot2ATC 2.4 as administrator. Creating and starting the MSSqlLocalDB changed the error message, which now states it can't be initialized because it is version 782, and the server only supports 706 and earlier, and a subsequent message states that a database of the same name exists.

Suggestions, please?

What was the original message?

Now you probably need to install a new version of SQLLocalDB.  I'll PM you a link.

Then you'll need to delete the 2 P2Axxxxx_log.ldf files in the Data directory before trying to run P2A again.

Dave

There are no ldf files in the Data directory.

Correction: I'm not sure what version SQL Express I have. I will try the link when you send it.

I do have screenshots of the error during installation and the error when running Pilot2ATC if you wish.

Edited by whraven
Corrected SQL version info.

It finally worked. I had to remove the SQL Express 2012 installation, restart, and Delete/Create/Start the MSSQLLocalDB. Pilot2ATC then worked just fine. The install worked after the 2014 installation but before the 2012 removal. Thanks for the great support!

I have the same type of error mine is saying:

Unable to initialize Database

The underlying provider failed on open.

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

maybe you can help me?

What version of the program and what AIRAC cycle are you using?

If you could email a screenshot of the error message to me at admin@pilot2atc.com along with the P2A log file, that would help.

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View menu.

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.

Dave