Sign in to follow this  
Tyler K

Unable to use Custom Speech Training Under Windows 10

The topic title says it all: I'm not able to use the custom speech training. Using the latest version of MCE (2.7.0.6), Windows 10 64-bit. When I choose my training script, then hit Start, then Next in the speech training window, I get a Speech Training error saying that my recognition language isn't set to the English US recognizer, even though I know it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Tyler K said:

The topic title says it all: I'm not able to use the custom speech training. Using the latest version of MCE (2.7.0.6), Windows 10 64-bit. When I choose my training script, then hit Start, then Next in the speech training window, I get a Speech Training error saying that my recognition language isn't set to the English US recognizer, even though I know it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Is it just the "custom training" or any speech training?

Could you post a screenshot of the error message or its content?

Thanks

On 26.5.2017 at 1:40 AM, Tyler K said:

Using the latest version of MCE (2.7.0.6), Windows 10 64-bit. When I choose my training script, then hit Start, then Next in the speech training window, I get a Speech Training error saying that my recognition language isn't set to the English US recognizer

I have exactly the same problem (Windows 10 64-bit and latest MCE (2.7.2.6) !

Speech recognition packet installed by MCE is 'US-english' and my OS-language is 'german'.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong , but it seems  the speech training with this language combination is not really possible ?!

greetings

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

1 hour ago, ggerolamo said:

I have exactly the same problem (Windows 10 64-bit and latest MCE (2.7.2.6) !

Speech recognition packet installed by MCE is 'US-english' and my OS-language is 'german'.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong , but it seems  the speech training with this language combination is not really possible ?!

greetings

Gerolamo

MCE doesn't install the speech engine. 

It's all managed by Windows.

I believe by design Windows won't let you train an English speech engine while your system locale is in another language, because there could be say a German speech recognition engine tied to that.

Temporarily switch your regional settings to "united States". Eventually restart your system.

Perform speech training using MCE provided tool.

Start->Multi Crew Experience->Speech training.

If you wish, go back to German regional settings.

Yes, i know - temporary switching to  "united States" and restarting system works so far...

I thought there might be a solution without changing and restarting the system.... ;-)

Nevertheless, many thanks for your quick reply !

greetings

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png