Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

FS9.1 Error Messages !

Guest sb55mv

Hi All,does anyone actually know what this means, or is it some kind of secret code, I hope in the next version we will be able to see a clearer reason for the failure, this is somewhat vague to me, below is the error report, I have had this many times.The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: fs9.exe, 9.1.0.40901, g2d.dll, 9.1.0.40901, 00087224.Specs are,Win XP Pro, SP2ABIT IC7 MAX3 800MB FSBIntel Pentium 4 Northwood 3.0 Seagate Barracuda 160 Gig Serial AT HDD.1024MB Corsair Extreme Low Latency CAS 2 RAM.Vantec Stealth 550W PSU.ATI X850 PE 512MB.Hercules Digifire 7.1 Sound Card.

Guest ssurjap

When did this start happening? Has it been happening since you installed the patch for 9.1? Did you add any new planes or scenery?

Guest sb55mv

Hi Steven,I'm not sure if this is a system fault or not to be honest, I have been having this for ages at different times, even before the 9.1 up-date, but I am up to date with everything,thanks anyway.

Guest firehawk44

I think if you run a search for g2d.dll, you'll find the error was most likely caused by a bad installation of your video card. So, if you very recently upgraded your video card drivers, I would recommend a reinstallation.But I do agree the next version of Windows should more clearly identify the cause of these errors and provide better feedback. I google'd "g2d.dll" over a year ago and found some interesting threads concerning this dll. As I recall, some geek disected this dll for someone and stated it works with the infamous sim1.dll providing instantaneous instructions/calls to run FS9. He/she went on to state that FS9 is extremely graphics intensive and, if everything isn't working perfectly (including hardware like your video card), it will cause a crash.Hope this helps!Jim

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy's.Points taken,however, I have just turned down my anti aliasing, and anisotropic settings by one notch each, and so far so good.maybe I was just pushing the Sim a bit too far, I haven't had any more repeats of this yet, every system is so unique in their own rights etc, there really is no "one setting for all" so to speak unfortunately,thanks anyway.