Sign in to follow this  
longrangecruise

Big sale at the org store: 757 v2, A330, Panthera, etc

My word, what a huge amount of stuff on sale. It even includes the Airfoillabs Cessna 172 as well. I've been sitting on the fence as to whether that one, so I might have to grab it whilst on sale.

Thanks for the heads up on this one!

Thanks.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

We need to put a SERIOUS WARNING SIGN on this thread, because after reading it I had 60€ less than I did before. (somehow magically a Pipistrel Panthera, a Boeing 707-420 and EDDT airport appeared in my XP11 roughly at the same time, I still have to figure out what exactly happened there...)

LOL!

Is the DASH8 any good? I have the Prepar3D one which is excellent, I'm hoping Jack will improve it as X-Plane 11 progresses.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

A word to the shopper-savvy folks, get the scenery.  It rarely ever runs the risk of breaking, when new sim updates come out.  I see the new KDFW is on sale, as well as other outstanding airports, though I am puzzled as to why KMCO isn't on sale?  I own it, it's worth it regardless.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Looking to buy the Panavia Tornado on sale at the x-plane org store but the cockpit does not appear to have HD graphics. Does anyone have this aircraft?

6 hours ago, michelh said:

Looking to buy the Panavia Tornado on sale at the x-plane org store but the cockpit does not appear to have HD graphics. Does anyone have this aircraft?

I do.

I think you're right, in that the cockpit isn't necessarily hi resolution. Text and details are a little fuzzy. Still, looks nice and enjoyable to fly. 

Did you look at reviews/videos to get a taste of what it looks like?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I have a 4k monitor so I am trying to find a 4k video on you tube of the Tornado. I think it was created for   X-Plane version 9. Many planes that where made at that period did not have HD graphics. In version 10 and now 11 the newer planes have HD cockpits and exteriors. Now that X-Plane 11 is out, more developers will be coming on board with better visuals. I own Aerobask Pipestrel , Eclipse 550NG, Bell 407, Boeing 767 300er and X-Craft Embraer 195 v2. and all have very good visuals.

I just bought the Tu-154... holy moly. This thing is dripping with detail, I'll probably have to set aside a full weekend just to figure out how to start it. Apparently it's more detailed than the legendary Project Tupolev Tu-154, and the developer says that it can be flown using real manuals. It's intimidating as hell and an absolute steal at $25 (50% off). 

You better learn Russian lol

I wonder if the Tu-154 work well with X-Plane 11. I always check the update read the forum before I purchase any aircraft's. Some are not updated to X-Plane 11 and some developers are no longer active. I just purchase DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 Series from RWDesigns. The last update was may 4th and X-plane 11. Awesome aircraft, fun to fly. With x-camera, I browse the community files and found a good view settings and I also set-up XPRealistic. With ortho4xp and free quality airports it cannot get any better. I do not miss FSX or P3D.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-5-28 at 0:15 AM, michelh said:

You better learn Russian lol

I wonder if the Tu-154 work well with X-Plane 11. I always check the update read the forum before I purchase any aircraft's. Some are not updated to X-Plane 11 and some developers are no longer active. I just purchase DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 Series from RWDesigns. The last update was may 4th and X-plane 11. Awesome aircraft, fun to fly. With x-camera, I browse the community files and found a good view settings and I also set-up XPRealistic. With ortho4xp and free quality airports it cannot get any better. I do not miss FSX or P3D.

Amen! 

You can find the online manual for all of our planes here: https://bigradials.com/pages/documentation
Join us on discord and chat with all the other Big Radials fans: https://discord.gg/4UpzKVSSqZ

I held out on the 757v2, but now that it's on sale coupled with my upgrade discount...price was sweet spot.

4 hours ago, ohsirus said:

I held out on the 757v2, but now that it's on sale coupled with my upgrade discount...price was sweet spot.

Exactly the same for me... 45 was too much, but 32 is right on the limit so caved and purchased, along with the airfoil labs C172 and the XPrealistic Pro