Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Milvis Beaver Released

Looks like it is finally available:
http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC2/

No mention of V4 compatibility though.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

2 minutes ago, gboz said:

Looks like it is finally available:
http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC2/

No mention of V4 compatibility though.

gb.

It says this on that page.

Prepar3d Version 4 Compatibility: With the recent announcement that version 4 of Prepar3d is due to be released very soon, we would like to let our customers know that we intend to update the MilViz DHC-2 to be fully compatible with this latest version of Prepar3d at the earliest possibility. This will be a free update

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I got it last night. i think flies great.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi Greg,

How are the sounds ?

I watched a promotional video and the plexi-glass "looked" very translucent - almost invisible - feedback on the glass ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott  

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Got it this morning. The cockpit glass is too pristine for my taste i.e. there IS no glass. Mind you, there are folk who prefer it that way so they don't miss a garden shed out of place!

One or two other wrinkles to be ironed out, but a very welcome replacement of the venerable Aerosoft Beaver. That can now take a well earned retirement.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The glass is sort of a per paint thing...  there's a few other liveries that should be on their site.... one is of a real Beaver I've been able to check out - it's a tour plane and is really cool to watch the pilot perform splash n goes at our local seaplane base KDYT Sky Harbor, MN.  Anyway in the sim the glass on this looks perfect I think!

357_11.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Per paint eh? That's novel. I'll have a root around.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

It says this on that page.

Prepar3d Version 4 Compatibility:

Thanks for the heads-up there.
Will teach me to read the entire page in future.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I purchased last night.

Overall its very good.

Noticing a significant FPS flutter when the F1 GTN750 is installed and running. I don't see that effect on other aircraft with the GTN installed. Will have to play with the GTN settings.

Looks good and glad to see the p3dv4 upgrade will be free, that was otherwise going to keep me from purchasing on day 1.  But now i can spend my friday night lake hopping! :)

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the answers...

:wink: - someone is going to have to paint one of the most famous Beaver's of all:

4154068179_e11507f15f_z.jpg

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

7 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Greg,

How are the sounds ?

I watched a promotional video and the plexi-glass "looked" very translucent - almost invisible - feedback on the glass ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott  

The plexiglass is almost invisable, but I hardly noticed it. I liked the sound. The FDE is very good in the tundra model. When you are hanging it on the prop and chop the power you can sense the beginning of a stall. I want to say you can feel the initial buffet but we know that is impossible in the sim. I will fly the other types later today. I had to go shopping with my wife. we got Maine lobster for $5.99 a lb so it was worth it.

Greg

• Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz