Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

Aerosoft LHR vs UK2000 LHR

I've been flying out of Heathrow a lot more, and now that it's summer, I was thinking of investing into an LHR scenery. I was going to go with UK2000, but then saw that Aerosoft has a very nice looking one. Which one is better on performance?

The general consensus appears to be that the Aerosoft one looks slightly better (might also be personal preference) the UK2000 one is better on VAS and performance.  Personally i always buy the UK2000 airports over others, they generally look great and you get good support from the UK2000 forums.  I also believe that you can demo the airport before you commit to buying with UK2000.

I have the UK2000 version and overall i am very happy with it, but even though it's supposed to be better than the the Aerosoft one, it's still hard on VAS and Frames.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

22 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

The general consensus appears to be that the Aerosoft one looks slightly better (might also be personal preference) the UK2000 one is better on VAS and performance.  Personally i always buy the UK2000 airports over others, they generally look great and you get good support from the UK2000 forums.  I also believe that you can demo the airport before you commit to buying with UK2000.

I have the UK2000 version and overall i am very happy with it, but even though it's supposed to be better than the the Aerosoft one, it's still hard on VAS and Frames.

Me too as the Aerosoft Mega LHR I discovered was such a frame-killer(5-7 fps) as well as a VAS clanger.

And I prefer supporting a UK developer like Gary. Have most of his offerings.

• Upvote 1

I actually have both!, but I elected to use Gary's one as it has better animations (radar rotates), and performance is better.

One of the reasons for performance issues could well be the GMT 0 dateline bug mentioned recently

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I've used UK2000's demo LHR, but it always seems a bit "empty", if that's the word for it. I love the other sceneries by him, but LHR just seems to be missing things. Is it a really big frame drop between the two? I only have ASN and FTX Global.

36 minutes ago, virtualflying said:

I've used UK2000's demo LHR, but it always seems a bit "empty", if that's the word for it. I love the other sceneries by him, but LHR just seems to be missing things. Is it a really big frame drop between the two? I only have ASN and FTX Global.

It stands to reason that the demo version seems a little empty because it's not the same as the full version. If you look at the UK 2000 product page it has a comparison between the full paid version and the demo version and shows what features are missing in the demo version. I have the full version and it seems like it has plenty of ancillary features that you wouldn't see in the demo version.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was in the same decision process a couple of weeks ago.

I went with UK2000's offering and I am very pleased with the results.

I have Orbx vector, europe LC and global and it fits in nicely with those.

The big thing for me though, is that I can get the Fslabs a320 and PMDG 747 v3 in there without OOM's .

I have scenery complexity at very dense, autogen buildings and vegetation both at dense. Any higher than that and I get the VAS pings...... (which I have some ointment from the doctors for)

Hope this helps

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

own both, aerosoft looks better but I use uk2000 because I can't stand the way the textures slowly redraw with the aerosoft version when panning the view around 

I've never had any issues with VAS, always have atleast a gig and a half left on long hauls. And I do understand the demo has less trucks and such, but comparing screenshots it shows Aerosoft's has lots of stuff aswell. Really tough decision... why do we have so many good sceneries?? :)