Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Saitek throttle question

Hello

Ive just managed to obtain a Saitek throttle for my FS9 and am in the process of setting it up.

On the throttle panel itself, there are 3 on/off buttons at the bottom and each on/off option is recognised in FS9 as a different switch number ie switch 19 or switch 20 equals switch on and switch off

I wanted to use one switch for Gear up and Gear down but as the Gear option in FS9 is only one keypress (G) I can only assign one switch number for this option.

This means that the "on" option ie switch 19 does both gear up and gear down.

Is there a way to have the switch up it does Gear up and when I push the down switch I can have gear down?

I believe that fs9 does not have that option. You need fsuipc if you want that function.  FS has only "G" for retracting and extending the gear.

tony

The Saitek throttle, mixture and prop pitch quadrant is not designed to be used on it's own and because of that a separate yolk or joystick is necessary and this should have the programable gear button you are looking for. In your case the ideal situation will be to have the Saitek yolk as well.

Hope this helps

Hans

I do have the yoke but I'm struggling to find the recommended settings for all of the different buttons on the system? Is there a manual or guide for how I should be setting it all up? 

Thanks

Programming all the buttons and other functions on your yolk, on your throttle quadrant and on your rudder pedals, is done completely separately for each of them via the assignments menu within FS9 itself. Sadly and as far as I know there is no manual about the usage of the assignments system.

Each handel on the throttle quadrant also has a lowest position past the null position and even this can be assigned. E.g. moving the throttle handel down past it's null position can be assigned to reverse thrust, like pressing the F2 key on your keyboard. Each of the other 6 buttons can be assigned to e.g. water rudder up/down, arm/dis-arm spoilers, spoilers up/down, after burner on/off, engine(s) auto start, etc.

Take care though, because initial default assignments on all three entities can be the same, so that it is absolutely necessary to remove all assignments for e.g. the throttle quadrant, which are already assigned to your yolk, and vice versa. The same for your rudder pedals via which you can even assign a differential toe braking system. However, the rudder pedal block quite obviously does not have any buttons, which means that all button and other assignments not directly associated with your rudder pedals, must be removed because duplicate assignments can cause all kinds of strange effects and must be avoided at all costs.

Do not assign anything to the three yolk buttons which are associated with the yolk's stopwatch function. I would also want to suggest that you assign your red yolk button to your gear so that it is linked to the "G" key on your keyboard.

Yes, getting all the assignments right is a little complex in the beginning but that's just part of our hobby.

Good luck

Hans