Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

Route finderasalink

Hello All, I appreciate this Topic does not relate to PMDG, but I think a lot of simmers use this programme therefore there should be some feedback available.  I use this programme but of late I have found routes to be unavailable or data missing, an example being Egll to Eddl.  I have emailed  them pointing out these problems but I have not had any response. Anyone with info. would be appreciated. Regards. Richard Welsh

So far I've used their free route finder option on their website which I considered very practical because you could chose the AIRAC cycle, if - like me - you don't update it monthly.

Now I ALWAYS get the message "Too many requests at the server at the same time" which came occasionally before. Now, it's not possible to even get a single flightplan independant from the route. I haven't got a solution, but this is the first post I've ever read about that problem anywhere. Does anyone have experiences with their paid service? I wouldn't have a problem to pay for that service because the 6 months subscription is OK regarding the price, but I fear that this doesn't work either (??) because the problem might be somewhere different.

Not even Simbrief can access to their route data which always went automatically so far for the latest cycle you've bought at Navigraph.

Regards,

Dominik

Regards, Dominik

Have you tried randomly unticking the boxes? NATS, SIDs Stars TACAN etc. I'm just a cowboy user who gets a flightplan which looks OK, not too bothered about how it gets from A to B as long as there's no incredibly large diversions such as halfway across the Pacific and back. (That has happened!). I sometimes specify  2 different altitudes for the plan in case the system thinks you can't get to a sufficiently high altitude at the beginning of the flight. Not sure exactly what that altitude should be, but all of the above usually get results for me at any rate. I had trouble from EGNX to EDDK for instance, but cannot remember what I did to end up with a plan (stock FSX:SE flightplan format)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hello Guys, Thanks for your comments.  I have been using routefinder for many years and it was the simplicity of their product that kept me using it. As a form of gratitude, for the last year, I started paying for the service which is 15Euros for a six month period but even this side of the coin is playing up.  If they are having problems it would be nice of them to inform their customers accordingly. Regards.    Richard Welsh

On 2017-5-26 at 4:37 PM, richard welsh said:

Hello All, I appreciate this Topic does not relate to PMDG, but I think a lot of simmers use this programme therefore there should be some feedback available.  I use this programme but of late I have found routes to be unavailable or data missing, an example being Egll to Eddl.  I have emailed  them pointing out these problems but I have not had any response. Anyone with info. would be appreciated. Regards. Richard Welsh

Your post had me worried because, like you, I have used Route Finder Free Access Area for many years for programming the FMC on my flights. In fact it is my fall back situation when I can't find real world routes on Flightaware or Vatroute etc.

Flightaware is great, but it usually only gives routes originating or arriving in the USA. For European, or other world routes it can be hit and miss - the reasons explained comprehensively by Kyle in a thread on this subject a few months back.

I've just been on the RFinder link and input a route (EGLL/KJFK) and I was very relieved to find that it responded with a flight plan. I hope this indicates that the facility is still active. 

Bernard Walford

When I think about it, I believe routefinder may have trouble with short routes. I'm pretty sure all the ones I've had an issue with are only up to 3, maybe 400 nm long.

I used it tonight to generate a plan from RJTT to ZBAA - in excess of 1100nm no problem. I did specify 2 altitudes - both just guesses at 16000 and FL390.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hello Everyone,  I appreciate your comments.  This week I purchased the German airport Dusselldorf EDDL and this set the ball rolling for my original Post.  However, this morning I opened Routefinder and punched in EGPF (my home airport) to Dusselldorf EDDL and a route appeared. Mileage being 509nm. On the strength of this result I am hoping there may have been a glitch at Routefinder which has been resolved.  Thanks again for your input Guys. Regards. Richard Welsh