Sign in to follow this  
Syrphic

OC Crash when loading livery downloaded 747

Hi there had the 747 for a while now just gone to download cargolux livery and as soon as i open the livery download it crashes.

The application will now exit.

05/26/17 17:41:14     Exception:  Unknown Exception at 0xF3FD106
0F3D0000  c:\program files (x86)\pmdg operations center\Product Module 747 QOTSII P3D.dll  +0002D106  (0, 0, 0)
0F3D0000  c:\program files (x86)\pmdg operations center\Product Module 747 QOTSII P3D.dll  +0002D152  (0, 0, 0)
0F3D0000  c:\program files (x86)\pmdg operations center\Product Module 747 QOTSII P3D.dll  +0001AD11  (FFFFFFFF, E507020, 10)
69D70000  C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Cabinet.dll  +00011160  (FFFFFFFF, E507020, 10)
69D70000  C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Cabinet.dll  +00010772  (10, F3EACF0, E5082FC)

Thanks, Cameron Bondar.

Running the OC as an admin?

Using after-market anti-virus?

Kyle Rodgers

16 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Running the OC as an admin?

Using after-market anti-virus?

Hi Kyle, i run the OC as admin and don't have any anti-virus.

have disabled my fire wall to see if anything changes, the results are the same. 

Changed compatibility mode, nothing.

Cameron Bondar

I just tried LX-VCV without problem. Compatibility shouldn't be an issue unless you  are still using Windows XP.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, Syrphic said:

i run the OC as admin and don't have any anti-virus.

You don't have any anti-virus at all? Windows comes with its own, by default, so there's usually something there (though the Windows Defender won't get in the way of the OC - aftermarket programs usually will, however, since it's a program that downloads a bunch of stuff - liveries - onto your computer). Based on the timing and crash report, however, it seems a lot like AV is interfering somehow.

As Dan mentioned, compatibility mode isn't the right way to go, since it's built for all modern OSs.

If you're sure AV interference isn't an issue, kill the OC and let it rebuild:

1. Manually delete the contents of C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center

2. Manually delete all the files except for OpsCenterUpdater.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center

3. Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145

4.  Install the downloaded Microsoft Update

5. Disable any Anti virus or other protective software and Run the OpsCenterUpdater.exe file, which will download fresh copies of all the     deleted items.

Kyle Rodgers