Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

my opinion that the updated clouds are now dull

4 hours ago, barrel_owl said:

I will not say that I like it, though.

Thank you.  Theres three of us at least.  and thanks for suggesting the 6.5 LOD thing.  Im cautious about changing things.  I deleted my shaders folder and ended up with blurries everywhere.  luckily I had saved a copy.  I may try it but the ground looks OK to me.  Its the sky and clouds I have a problem with.

TrueSky should hopefully help.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

10 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Given the increasing body of contributions from you that seem to bump up against other users, have you considered your 'reading' might benefit from some recalibration?

He clearly said how he felt about a key aspect of the sim and illustrated his feedback with pictures from 3 different sources. I think he's done his due diligence in elevating his criticism to the level of constructive.

So basically, I make a point of noting that this simulator is early access, meaning a work in progress, but no one agrees or sees it that way?  You see it one way, I see it another, so how about we agree to disagree and leave it at that.  Let's not turn posts into social media arguments.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

2 minutes ago, Jimm said:

So basically, I make a point of noting that this simulator is early access, meaning a work in progress, but no one agrees or sees it that way?  You see it one way, I see it another, so how about we agree to disagree and leave it at that.  Let's not turn posts into social media arguments.

Sure. Pushing your 'reading' and telling others that their contributions don't meet your standards of constructiveness would be a good place to start in not turning posts into arguments:):):):):):):)

• Upvote 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

17 hours ago, Murmur said:

I also find the color of the clouds in these FSW shots good. I even prefer some of them to those in the X-Plane shots.

have you seen the TrueSky videos?  Do you prefer the current FSW clouds or would you rather have TrueSky?

what looks more real to you?

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 minute ago, sightseer said:

have you seen the TrueSky videos?  Do you prefer the current FSW clouds or would you rather have TrueSky?

what looks more real to you?

That seems a rather stupid question to me. Of course I would prefer TrueSky rather than any other present flight sim weather engine. I am just saying that IMO the colors of the clouds in those shots do not appear so bad or dull, compared to clouds in other flight sims (P3D, FSX, X-Plane, etc.). I have in no way said that the FSW cloud representation overall is perfect, nor that it is as good as TrueSky.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I just hope that when (if) TrueSky comes along that people wont complain that its too bright or too dynamic because it probably will be and apparently Dovetail is more than happy to tone things down so it looks just like what we have now... and that would be a serious shame.