Sign in to follow this  
CrownCityMisfits

Which Aircraft Use An External Flight Model?

Which 3rd Party aircraft developers use an external flight model, like A2A and RealAir? I am mostly concerned with, but not limited to, GA addons.

I appreciate any input, thanks.

Not sure if RealAIr used an external flight model, but for something a little larger than GA the Majestic Q400 does...

"In addition, to the advanced simulation of the aircraft systems, this product also contains an independent Flight Dynamics Engine (FDE), capable of running at a much higher rate than the default simulator FDE, and free of the inherent problems pertaining to the default aircraft flight dynamics. Our Flight Dynamics is capable of providing the realistic wind simulation, icing effects, enhanced propeller physics including the propeller discing and auto rotation, effects of the propeller airstream on the wing lift and the icing effects on the propeller, wings and the flight surfaces".

• Upvote 1

PMDG as well, for some time now.

Not sure, but maybe A2A?

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

PMDG as well, for some time now.

You sure about this? I'm pretty sure they've stated they won't use an external flight model? 

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

3 minutes ago, Denco said:

You sure about this? I'm pretty sure they've stated they won't use an external flight model? 

Can you reference that?  They have been very open about the amount of design they do outside the box.  The QOTSII even  has removed all surface friction and drag from the flight developers engine.  The engine models are so simplistic as to be unrealistic, and major effort is made to make them look more like the Boeing data.  I'd be very interested in your source.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 minute ago, downscc said:

Can you reference that?  They have been very open about the amount of design they do outside the box.  The QOTSII even  has removed all surface friction and drag from the flight developers engine.  The engine models are so simplistic as to be unrealistic, and major effort is made to make them look more like the Boeing data.  I'd be very interested in your source.

Check the link I posted above. It's old so things could have changed hence the reason I asked :)

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

I think the Majestic Q400 does, but not 100% sure,   The Dodosim Helicopter 206 does. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

18 hours ago, Denco said:

Check the link I posted above. It's old so things could have changed hence the reason I asked :)

My misunderstanding... if inferred flight dynamics model, which of course has nothing to do with external model.  The VC and external model for all PMDG products are separate.  If you never select an external view the model might not be loaded. Is that what you are asking?

Dan Downs KCRP

35 minutes ago, downscc said:

My misunderstanding... if inferred flight dynamics model, which of course has nothing to do with external model.  The VC and external model for all PMDG products are separate.  If you never select an external view the model might not be loaded. Is that what you are asking?

Seems we really did misunderstood each other as I've also meant external flight dynamics model :)

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

2 minutes ago, Denco said:

Seems we really did misunderstood each other as I've also meant external flight dynamics model :)

Then I'm not sure we have yet resolved the misunderstanding.  PMDG has used an external flight dynamics model since at least the original FS9 NG.  Your linked reference referred to aircraft models, not flight dynamics, at least I think. Oh my. Time for lunch.

Dan Downs KCRP

24 minutes ago, downscc said:

Then I'm not sure we have yet resolved the misunderstanding.  PMDG has used an external flight dynamics model since at least the original FS9 NG.  Your linked reference referred to aircraft models, not flight dynamics, at least I think. Oh my. Time for lunch.

I suggest you check the link again. It's about the external flight dynamics model ( external flight model ) not external aircraft model.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080