Sign in to follow this  
flibberflops

Lockheed Martin P3D V4 Q&A's

Hi,

Does anyone else think that it is very strange that Lockheed Martin are not directly answering questions on V4?

There are many area's about V4 in which people would like clarification and it seems strange to me that most of the answers seem to be coming from bits and pieces from 3rd party developers. That seems a strange way to release the details of a new product?

Could have a lot to do with it not yet being released.  Wait till Tuesday and I expect you'll see activity on the LM Prepar3D forums.

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I would think that their FIRST priority is getting it out the door. Cannot do that and be online answering endless questions at the same time.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Academic License fee $59.95 ???

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

27 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I would think that their FIRST priority is getting it out the door. Cannot do that and be online answering endless questions at the same time.

Vic

People ask too much and expect too little in this industry. If you want "customer service" LM is not the place to be. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Although, considering a comparison with Microsoft years ago, LM is much more accessible, just not for every little question.

Vic

• Upvote 4

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I was going to buy V3 the other day... and had only seen rumors about V4.

Then found out via a post by A2A that V4 was imminent.

I think V2 is great, much better than FSX; however, in my experience, no information before a full release is suspect.

As far as being too busy to communicate?  ... not sure I buy that.

That said, I hope I'm wrong, and expect pretty good things.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

People ask too much and expect too little in this industry. If you want "customer service" LM is not the place to be. 

I'm not sure what kind of "customer  service" you are expecting. Of all the flight sim developers, LM  seems to me to be the most responsive both to customers  and 3rd party developers. Look at who their moderators are for their official message board (Elaine  Dixon and Rob Ainscough). One couldn't  ask for a more knowledgeable  and helpful pair of people. And the members of the actual  development  team answer questions directly. That would be like emailing Apple support and getting a response from an iPhone design engineer.

What LM generally ignores are questions that have answers that are easy to find online. They also do not answer questions  that relate to the myriad of 3rd party addons.

• Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That would be like emailing Apple support and getting a response from an iPhone design engineer.

I'm actually surprised more folks from our forums here don't also post up issues and feature requests on the LM forums - it really is incredible getting knowledgeable and insightful feedback, sometimes straight from the devs...

24 minutes ago, turner112 said:

I think V2 is great, much better than FSX; however, in my experience, no information before a full release is suspect.

In LM's case, it's not unusual. If I remember right, v3 also dropped without much fanfare.

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm not sure what kind of "customer  service" you are expecting. Of all the flight sim developers, LM  seems to me to be the most responsive both to customers  and 3rd party developers. Look at who their moderators are for their official message board (Elaine  Dixon and Rob Ainscough). One couldn't  ask for a more knowledgeable  and helpful pair of people. And the members of the actual  development  team answer questions directly. That would be like emailing Apple support and getting a response from an iPhone design engineer.

What LM generally ignores are questions that have answers that are easy to find online. They also do not answer questions  that relate to the myriad of 3rd party addons.

I am not disputing that. But "customer service" is not lacking for their customers, who are the 3pd's and of course military/commercial clients. I was referencing back to peoples expectation that LM will respond to questions the way a consumer company will, and pointing out why it is a false expectation. Of course they have good moderators, which is fortunate, but hardly customer service. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

But they do anyway. BTW, guess which corporation is the largest US government  contractor.