Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Is this a good time to purchase ORBX regions?

31 minutes ago, Maarten Otto said:

My advice would be to stay away from NoCal and SoCal, but use OpenLC US in stead. Lighter on your system and I find it one of the better ORBX products. Especially the Bay area in NoCal is a fps killer. This can be tweaked by disabling some harbour stuff in oakland and SF. 

No way--  Stay Away?  Huge bad advice.  N.Cal and S.Cal  are two of ORBX most grand developments. The regions are impressive and cover a huge area. It is indeed a dream to fly in those regions. The OP has some very high-end add-ons, so he already has an idea  of VAS and performance. Moreover, his hardware is strong enough to handle all those together. The definite issue he will encounter (due to obvious) will be VAS.. But, this is easily corrected by lowering a few settings, and still looks very good. 

- On his question about purchasing ORBX right now?  Hell yeah! Buy as many as you can.. are you kidding me? ORBX will provide free upgrade to V4, and at the current sale, man, you win big time!

• Upvote 2

I got no cal but am sticking with Mega scenery earth for their stunning photo scenery package for socal,  mainly because klax and Klas that I  fly pmdg out of with  lower vas and higher fps. 

ZORAN

2 minutes ago, Venturi said:

I got no cal but am sticking with Maga scenery earth for their stunning photo scenery package for socal,  mainly because klax and Klas that I  fly pmdg out of with  lower vas and higher fps. 

Yep.. MegaScenery is a beauty, as well. Stunning realism! 

1. To the end of may you can buy them with a huge discount.
2. After Tuesday with release of P3D v4 I belive we will have a chance to fly over ORBX regions inside PMDG :D

Well, being that your Orbx purchases will be ported over via Central 3, quite easily, (when Orbx does the conversions for them, and they always come through with them.) to V4.0, yes, I think it is a good time to grab those 'fence-sitting' titles you were yes/meh, yes/meh'ing about. I did.  I'm getting V4.0 when it comes out, because of my prior investment with Orbx, and the fact that Orbx is not going to be asking fees for your present catlog with them, to run in V4.0. That was the big see-saw tip point for myself. So yes...buy away...for your new purchases will work eventually in V4.0,and you would got them a a great price.

My 6 cents...

I also purchased nocal, socal and lc usa :-)

Cant wait for v4 , installed win 10 fresh , 512 gb m2 ssd only for v4, so everything is ready :-)

• Upvote 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

VAS will be solved with 64 bit, but performance issue is not.  Performance of ORBX regions in P3d v4 is unknown at the moment.  So beware.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Since you only fly Airliners, then FTXG + Trees + LC is what I'd suggest you get. If you ever venture into GA, then you'll love the regions.

BTW: AU & NZ are excellent FTX regions and they perform very well with airliners.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

For GA and Helicopters you can't beat FTX regions, and at $22 US for the next few days, it is one heck of a bargain. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 hours ago, joemiller said:

N.Cal and S.Cal  are two of ORBX most grand developments. The regions are impressive and cover a huge area. It is indeed a dream to fly in those regions.

+1  Orbx makes nice airports, but the true brilliance and value of their work is in their regions.  Just wish they would more of them...

Greg

• Upvote 2

This is quite a mess now, if you're asking me.

Some say they won't be compatible (from day one) some say they will.

Guess those (their) official announcements are best to follow... :senyum: Or are they.