Sign in to follow this  
Harvgordon

Cockpit lighting, flashlight available on day 1?

Hi there,

I am wondering will there be a usable aviation flashlight tool following the release?  I have checked Matt's stream on twitch and you can barely see the panels during the night if there is no light, check this screenshot.

ya8qkTG.png

For some reasons, the panel light texture still appears. I think probably because it doesn't compatible with the new lighting system. Before V4, we didn't have the real lights lit the cockpit. The texture creates a fake light illusion. And now in P3D V4, the old light texture way doesn't seem to work anymore. Because new lighting system doesn't recognise texture lights as a real light source. So inside the cockpit, there would be pitch black during the night. In this screenshot even there is a strange glow on the panel indicators and needles. That are looked to be "lit". However, they are not real lights, the surroundings are still dark. 

k26Aj90.png

Now take a look at another screenshot, at the moment where the cockpit received the light from the beacon, (the real light source recognised in the sim) notice that the windshield panel received the light and actually lit up. Oddly, the rests are still in pitch black.

So apparently, there is a compatibility issue related to the texture lights and real lights in the sim. 

To be serious about this, I think LM needs to consider adding flashlights in the cockpit prior to other third party add-on developers figure out a way to place the real light source in the cockpit of the aircraft. Because we cannot see the panels during the night if there is no light.

What do you think?

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Or you wait patiently for addons to be modified to be v4 compliant.... 

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

9 hours ago, WarpD said:

Or you wait patiently for addons to be modified to be v4 compliant.... 

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the reply. We can wait till add-ons to be modified. But will LM solve this bug in the stock aircraft? I don't want to fly blind during the night.

Cheers,

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

9 hours ago, joemiller said:

Clap if you actually clicked on the "Play" symbol.  :laugh:

i just clapped. 

LOL, I haven't because I can't take the screenshot. It happens too fast.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

It's not broken.  As far as I know, emissive lighting still functions in Prepar3D.  However, everything is based on addons that are developed using the Prepar3D v4 SDK, not the FS9/FSX SDK.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

2 hours ago, WarpD said:

It's not broken.  As far as I know, emissive lighting still functions in Prepar3D.  However, everything is based on addons that are developed using the Prepar3D v4 SDK, not the FS9/FSX SDK.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your information, is that means we can add real lights in the cockpit using V4 SDK?

I think what I want to address is, the cockpit lighting apparently doesn't look normal. You can see there is "dull lighting" texture, and others are just in pitch black. Besides this is a default plane, are we still going to see this when P3D V4 will actually be released?

Cheers

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

You're essentially blaming the sim for what developers do or don't do.  You are expecting the default aircraft to be at the same level as a $50 addon.

You also can not, and really I mean this... can not take a non v4 addon and say "see?? see??!!!"... it's not a valid item to use for the discussion.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

16 hours ago, joemiller said:

Clap if you actually clicked on the "Play" symbol.  :laugh:

i just clapped. 

Yup i did lol

Image removed as image is no longer available.

5 hours ago, rtodepart said:

Yup i did lol

Hahaha .. funny how our brains work.