Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimmer Pete

Doors are not Being Closed

I'm using the button control (sop2) in the current voice version of FS2Crew and the options are set for the doors to open/closed by the program.

I let the process run from the beginning of the pre-flight right up to ready for engine start but she complains about "we have a door open" at before engine start and I have to retract the jetway and shut the doors myself? 

Am I missing something?

Pete (newbie) :)

Hi,

Just for clarity, when you start FS2Crew, what is the state of the doors and jetway? Are closed / away and then FS2crew opens the doors and move the jetways, or are already opened/connected?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Ok.
FS2crew controls only the 1L cabin door and the cargo doors. Would you possibly start the scenario with a door other than these doors opened that would not be controlled by FS2crew?

Regarding the jetway, FS2crew controls only the jetways that work with the default FSX control key. If a jetway of a 3rd party scenery works on another principle (like SODE) then FS2crew won't be able to control it.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

OK, this time I parked at the ramp, intially the doors are closed.

I start the Prefightevents, the LH Front and rear doors, as well as the RH Aft cargo hatch open.

No stairs though.

After the cabin assistant says boarded complete and lock (words to that effect) all doors except the front LH side close.

I had to close the door myself.

Is that the correct procedure?

I have never used the SOP2 button version but I can see the following in the manual:

+1 Minute: Boarding is complete. FA will ask you if she is clear to close the cockpit door. Press the SECONDARY BUTTON to acknowledge.

I cannot test it now as I don't have the aircraft installed but I can only assume that cockpit door means actually the 1L door.
So you need to press the secondary button to get the door closed.

As for the no stairs, you have an option to select in the config-misc(2) page of the secondary panel "Use airstairs at stand: NO/YES".

Is it on YES?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

If I say use stairs, will it be both front and aft, if it is front, does it know if there is a Jetaway available? I'm pretty sure that is optioned off ATM

So I had the secondary panel open, I saw the acknowledgment at to the right of the main panel.

When you say "press the secondary button", um which button exactly? :)

You need to define the key/joystick button you want to use as a secondary button by assigning a key/joystick button to PROPELLER SYNC (ON/OFF) in the sim controls. (see NGX reboot SOP 2 tutorial button pdf page 5).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Yes, done that, I had it open as that's where you need to be to start the preflight events, the SE panel, not a button, correct?

Maybe that's what I have wrong, I may have misinterpreted that the shortcut was for the panel, but it's a button?

In the button version of Fs2crew, you have three keys/buttons to assign:

One to open the main panel, another designed as main button and the last one designed as secondary button.

The main button and secondary button are used to make actions. The secondary button is usually used for alternative options in the flows (like for landing, the main button is used to confirm the landing and the secondary button is used to trigger a go around).

I would advise to dig into the SOP2 tutorial pdf (again) if you missed that info or if it was not clear to you.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

You are welcome.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

2 hours ago, PeteMarko said:

I start the Prefightevents, the LH Front and rear doors, as well as the RH Aft cargo hatch open.

One other thing to consider: I've noticed that if I start a scenario with 1L already open, GSX will not recognize that the door is in that state and will ask me to open it. I then have to cycle the door closed and open again. Maybe this is an issue with other external programs such as FS2Crew, where an open door at startup is being seen as closed.

I would recommend starting with the door closed or simply closing it and opening it again when you first start up and see if that solves your issue.

By the way, I've only noticed this issue with 1L. Never seen it with any other doors, including cargo doors.

Walter Meier