Sign in to follow this  

Will MCE be available for v4?

Have you already worked on it?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

1 hour ago, Cargostorm said:

Will MCE be available for v4?

Have you already worked on it?

We haven't worked on it yet, since we aren't on the P3D Beta program.

We do know what needs to be done though.

And the good news, since MCE runs as an external process, it can remain as a 32 bit app and still work.

We will have to update our dlls in \Prepar3D v4\ folder (about 40 of them) to make them 64 Bit. It should be straightforward for those dlls in <MCE dlls> folder (just recompiling to 64 bit). 

fsInsider.dll may need some work done. 

We do have the experience with 64 Bit, considering MCE connects to X-Plane 64 Bit.

Things are looking good.

Looking forward to LM P3D V4 for sure.

• Upvote 1

That's very good to hear!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

20 hours ago, FS++ said:

Things are looking good.

Looking forward to LM P3D V4 for sure.

Thanks for sharing this information. Look also forward, but will wait until my copilot is ready 😊

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I look forward to MCE in p3dv4 also, I have used it for many years and find it almost indispensible these days!

Just wondering is there a time frame on this conversion? The reason I'm asking, is because I had made a decision to buy MCE for P3Dv3, but now that I have decided to upgrade to v4, I may as well wait until MCE has been updated before buying it.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

On 6/9/2017 at 4:23 PM, nealmac said:

Just wondering is there a time frame on this conversion? The reason I'm asking, is because I had made a decision to buy MCE for P3Dv3, but now that I have decided to upgrade to v4, I may as well wait until MCE has been updated before buying it.

We're working on it.

The crew is working, but the interface to Native P3D 64 Bit ATC needs some work.

If I can hazard a guess, I'd say this month.

On 6/10/2017 at 6:57 PM, FS++ said:

We're working on it.

The crew is working, but the interface to Native P3D 64 Bit ATC needs some work.

Excellent, thanks Gerald. This month, or even a bit longer would be brilliant. I was worried it might be a lot more

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

On 6/11/2017 at 3:57 AM, FS++ said:

We're working on it.

Thanks Gerald

I am holding off on moving to P3D 4 till MCE is ready.

Hi Gerald,

I have just got PF3 working in P3D V4. You said that MCE is not working with Native ATC. Will it work with PF3?

Cheers Andy,

Can't wait to get a co-pilot back on the filghtdeck again.

Anyone who has PMDG 777 or QOTS II for Prepar3D V4 64 Bit, would appreciate you coming forward for testing the new implementation.

Thank you

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

Anyone who has PMDG 777 or QOTS II for Prepar3D V4 64 Bit, would appreciate you coming forward for testing the new implementation.

Thank you

I've got both aircraft, I've used them both in P3Dv3 with MCE. More than happy to help out.

I also have p3dv4. I will send you a PM

5 hours ago, Cubs105 said:

I've got both aircraft, I've used them both in P3Dv3 with MCE. More than happy to help out.

I also have p3dv4. I will send you a PM

Thanks for stepping forward.

You'll be sent new files tomorrow.

Edit: Meanwhile, ensure you're on the latest version V2.7.1.7 by visiting the downloads page

If any help I also have the 747 and v4 and latest HF.Not the 777 also tfdi 717 if any help plus the 737 when released.

Edited by cannow
bad grammar

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

20 hours ago, cannow said:

If any help I also have the 747 and v4 and latest HF.Not the 777 also tfdi 717 if any help plus the 737 when released.

Hi Colin,

Can you get in touch with support using your latest e-mail address?

Thanks.