Sign in to follow this  

hi,

Updated  fsInsider64.dll now installed.

GSX Integration working fine.

I have a question. I use LINDA, and in the LINDA lua scripts for PMDG aircraft they interact with GSX opening doors etc.

Running both MCE and Linda, Who is opening the doors LINDA or MCE ?.

I might add all is working fine.

A big thank you to the FS++ team for all your efforts.

Your Customer Support is 100% Well done

Andy

Trying out MCE with v4, I notice the red fps counter comes on screen, top left, as soon as MCE starts and will not go away! Pressing Shift+z has no effect.

I can live with it at the moment so not a big issue...unless I am alone with this happening, then it is down to me.

Also my MCE copilot stops communicating after some minutes and I have to start MCE again to wake him up, again probably my fault but I will report it anyway in case I am not alone.

It is nice to have him back again though.

46 minutes ago, john1383 said:

Trying out MCE with v4, I notice the red fps counter comes on screen, top left, as soon as MCE starts and will not go away! Pressing Shift+z has no effect.

I can live with it at the moment so not a big issue...unless I am alone with this happening, then it is down to me.

Also my MCE copilot stops communicating after some minutes and I have to start MCE again to wake him up, again probably my fault but I will report it anyway in case I am not alone.

It is nice to have him back again though.

What you noticed with the FPS counter popping-in is the failed fsInsider64.dll attempt to display the spoken command or the odd "notice". That one isn't sorted yet.

Regarding FO possibly going AWOL...

It's difficult to pin these down, but for very long flights, where you don't talk much to FO,at the very least ensure the following.

Your headset is connected directly to the back of the PC, and if it's of the USB nature, ensure USB device isn't set to go to sleep after a while. You do that under "Device manager".

This is by the way, aside from the known 32 Bit VAS issue, another reason why it's best not to run the speech engine inside the simulator process via a gauge dll.

By running externally to the sim, it prevents speech engine eating valuable VAS (OK now not an issue in 64 Bit).

Every speech command could potentially bring the sim down, and you'd have to tell users, don't say this at this time, say that only after you said this particular command. Speak this exact sentence. Can't have your unpredictable custom commands. Not fun at all :laugh:)

Worst case scenario, MCE could even crash, the most important thing, your flight, should hardly, is ever be compromised.

just restart MCE mid-flight in the middle of nowhere and you get a fresh FO in synch with flight phase. Engage the FO "without fear of upsetting anything".

He's trained not to mess with sensitive items without prior confirmation from you.

it's OK if speech engine accidentally picks-up "shut all engines down" or "all irs off" in the middle of the Atlantic. The FO knows it's not a wise thing to do and will make sure you mean it.

The Ultimate goal is to get you guys to teach your FO what you expect him to do and bring this as close as possible to "shared cockpit" nirvana with round the clock FO availability.

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

What you noticed with the FPS counter popping-in is the failed fsInsider64.dll attempt to display the spoken command or the odd "notice". That one isn't sorted yet.

Regarding FO possibly going AWOL...

It's difficult to pin these down, but for very long flights, where you don't talk much to FO,at the very least ensure the following.

Your headset is connected directly to the back of the PC, and if it's of the USB nature, ensure USB device isn't set to go to sleep after a while. You do that under "Device manager".

This is by the way, aside from the known 32 Bit VAS issue, another reason why it's best not to run the speech engine inside the simulator process via a gauge dll.

By running externally to the sim, it prevents speech engine eating valuable VAS (OK now not an issue in 64 Bit).

Every speech command could potentially bring the sim down, and you'd have to tell users, don't say this at this time, say that only after you said this particular command. Speak this exact sentence. Can't have your unpredictable custom commands. Not fun at all :laugh:)

Worst case scenario, MCE could even crash, the most important thing, your flight, should hardly, is ever be compromised.

just restart MCE mid-flight in the middle of nowhere and you get a fresh FO in synch with flight phase. Engage the FO "without fear of upsetting anything".

He's trained not to mess with sensitive items without prior confirmation from you.

it's OK if speech engine accidentally picks-up "shut all engines down" or "all irs off" in the middle of the Atlantic. The FO knows it's not a wise thing to do and will make sure you mean it.

The Ultimate goal is to get you guys to teach your FO what you expect him to do and bring this as close as possible to "shared cockpit" nirvana with round the clock FO availability.

Thanks very much for explaining the issues Gerald. Very helpful.

Interesting Comments

Ref the FPS counter. I use FRAPS and disable the inbuilt  shift Z in the P3Dv4 interface.

I had the same problem years ago but if you use an independent FPS counter problem solved.

I have never had an OOM ERROR with P3dv4.

Thanks to Ben and Gerald for their efforts not this week but since MCE inception

Gerald any .dll you want me to check out I am at your service

I am very happy to be a BETA Tester but everyone,s platform is configured  differently

Andy

Thank you, and to everyone who participated in this Beta once again.

MCE is now able to display spoken commands, and Native ATC insight is restored.

Will be sending a new dll to the users who got in touch via e-mail tomorrow.

Hopefully, a full release will follow this Friday or Saturday that will finally support P3D 64 BIt to the same level provided under 32 Bit.

Awesome!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

thanks 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

On 11/07/2017 at 11:59 AM, FS++ said:

Thank you, and to everyone who participated in this Beta once again.

MCE is now able to display spoken commands, and Native ATC insight is restored.

Will be sending a new dll to the users who got in touch via e-mail tomorrow.

Hopefully, a full release will follow this Friday or Saturday that will finally support P3D 64 BIt to the same level provided under 32 Bit.

Fantastic news, I've just downloaded and installed the PMDG 738 NGX, I'll guess I'll giving it a twirl at the weekend :)

21 minutes ago, john1383 said:

The p3dv4 subfolder in my download was empty, is something missing!?

Indeed. Noticed within an hour. Please re-download. Same link

Good news: The 7/12/17  "MCE for P3Dv4" update is working fine with PF3.

I needed to do a minor workaround to set MCE's PTT button on the yoke since it was defaulting the the Saitek TPM.   The workaround was: "unplug the Saitek TPM, start the MCE configuration process to discover the yoke (and initialize to the yoke's button), then after finishing MCE configuration, re-connect the Saitek TPM."    --thanks MCE support!       [Since the yoke is found correctly with P3Dv3, and the work-around is only needed for the initial configuration phase.  i.e. it's a low priority "want."]

The only other issue I found in my first "test flight" was that P3Dv4 has issues starting up when both "MCE for P3Dv4"  and "Active Sky Next for P3Dv4" are enabled.   I suspect it's a case of both have to be aware of the other...but I have let both support teams know about the issue.        Since "Active Sky Next for P3Dv4" has been out a while and is fairly stable, I'll be concentrating on getting up to speed with "MCE for P3Dv4" with "PF3 for P3Dv4."      [Still can't believe how good the P3Dv4 "environment" is coming together -- not even 2 months since P3Dv4 was released and most of the addons are "getting there" and making the flying experience almost too realistic.]

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:55 AM, andrew22 said:

hi,

Updated  fsInsider64.dll now installed.

GSX Integration working fine.

I have a question. I use LINDA, and in the LINDA lua scripts for PMDG aircraft they interact with GSX opening doors etc.

Running both MCE and Linda, Who is opening the doors LINDA or MCE ?.

I might add all is working fine.

A big thank you to the FS++ team for all your efforts.

Your Customer Support is 100% Well done

Andy

Sorry for the delay. Missed this one.

MCE is fully compatible with LINDA.

The way things work, when fsInsider64.dll sees the green bar displaying "waiting for action, open door D1" it informs MCE which then sends the command to open the relevant door on the relevant aircraft.

And it can do that reliably, since door status is known with supported aircraft.

You can take advantage of a couple of options that were requested by another user, and frankly didn't think anybody else would need them.

If you don't want MCE to automatically handle cabin doors, make sure, in "mce.ini" you have

[RAMP]

NoPaxDoorsAutoHandling=1

Same for cargo doors. If you want to handle these yourself, ensure

NoCargoDoorsAutoHandling=1

To FS++ Team,

A big thank you for your efforts over the last few weeks in making MCE for P3Dv4 available.

I have now installed the latest version, all working very nicely.

Gerald thanks for the info reference LINDA and MCE all noted.

Again customer support 100% as usual.

Well Done Good Effort.

Andy