Sign in to follow this  

2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Gerald,

can you please comment on this? Thanks!

Dimitri

Not sure whether I understand. If it has to do with ability to recognize aircraft that install outside the <SimObject> folder, please read post # 7 on page 2 of this same thread.

There is a workaround.

24 minutes ago, FS++ said:

please read post # 7 on page 2 of this same thread.

Thanks! I actually read that, but I didn't remember it... :\

Any thoughts on the fsinsider.ini? It used to be I could set features, FO and ATC by replacing the parameters in the .ini file, but although I've set Robert as FO, and MCE seems to remember that and all the other settings as well, I see no according lines in the new .ini.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

26 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Thanks! I actually read that, but I didn't remember it... :\

Any thoughts on the fsinsider.ini? It used to be I could set features, FO and ATC by replacing the parameters in the .ini file, but although I've set Robert as FO, and MCE seems to remember that and all the other settings as well, I see no according lines in the new .ini.

It's in the MCE.ini file in the appdata/roaming/mce folder.

Great, thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 7/13/2017 at 10:47 AM, jgerow said:

Good news: The 7/12/17  "MCE for P3Dv4" update is working fine with PF3.

I needed to do a minor workaround to set MCE's PTT button on the yoke since it was defaulting the the Saitek TPM.   The workaround was: "unplug the Saitek TPM, start the MCE configuration process to discover the yoke (and initialize to the yoke's button), then after finishing MCE configuration, re-connect the Saitek TPM."    --thanks MCE support!       [Since the yoke is found correctly with P3Dv3, and the work-around is only needed for the initial configuration phase.  i.e. it's a low priority "want."]

The only other issue I found in my first "test flight" was that P3Dv4 has issues starting up when both "MCE for P3Dv4"  and "Active Sky Next for P3Dv4" are enabled.   I suspect it's a case of both have to be aware of the other...but I have let both support teams know about the issue.        Since "Active Sky Next for P3Dv4" has been out a while and is fairly stable, I'll be concentrating on getting up to speed with "MCE for P3Dv4" with "PF3 for P3Dv4."      [Still can't believe how good the P3Dv4 "environment" is coming together -- not even 2 months since P3Dv4 was released and most of the addons are "getting there" and making the flying experience almost too realistic.]

Issue finally resolved... Thanks to MCE and ActiveSky support for their incremental updates, to help find/isolate the issue.   Turned out to be related to DirectX and the 64-bit video drivers for my GTX 980Ti.    I run 3 screens for port, front and starboard custom camera views, as well as a small VGA screen for the GPS, and with all these 64-bit apps, the 64-bit video drivers needed to be tweaked as well.  (Which is why I could either fly with ActiveSkyNext or with MultiCrewExperience but not both --- P3Dv4 couldn't start it's video and either crashed or hung with no video.)

Recent Microsoft DirectX as well as the updated NVIDIA drivers for the GTX980Ti, were needed.   [I'm running Win7, others with the newer version of Windows may already have the updates.]

I now have a "full up" P3Dv4 running with great active weather [test flights were done in thunderstorms !], voice commanded ATC (with MCE/PF3), and a remote computer running SPAD.next driving all the guages, etc. with FSwidgets GMapHD giving me a moving sectional map with METAR overlays.  

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:58 AM, vadriver said:

all's well ....

oops .... i seem to have an issue using voxkey commands.

after many successful years of voicescript / voxkey in fsx, i'm not able to use the same (rewritten) commands the same way in the current v2.7.20 with P3DV4 & pmdg's ngx.

in the first instance I notice the "startup" voices are 2, my co-pilot & another .... before in fsx there was only my co-pilot + a bit of chatter.

secondly, voicescripts of mce commands work, but not those of voxkey commands.

thirdly, as a check on startup, I tried have my voxkeys direct & there is sometimes success but with this above mystery 2nd voice responding, sometimes a command without (any) expected response & sometimes in a ctd.

most of my voxkeys are of compound keys executing lua's via fsuipc5.

the following samples may help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwokvf9ayejv6ez/karen gate.vscr?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kn6hit6elffbdx/karen lining up.vscr?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/94r5sgv6ipan3rw/various.vkp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxxw488d7om8isx/various.xml?dl=0

for now, cheers

john martin

15 hours ago, vadriver said:

oops .... i seem to have an issue using voxkey commands.

after many successful years of voicescript / voxkey in fsx, i'm not able to use the same (rewritten) commands the same way in the current v2.7.20 with P3DV4 & pmdg's ngx.

in the first instance I notice the "startup" voices are 2, my co-pilot & another .... before in fsx there was only my co-pilot + a bit of chatter.

secondly, voicescripts of mce commands work, but not those of voxkey commands.

thirdly, as a check on startup, I tried have my voxkeys direct & there is sometimes success but with this above mystery 2nd voice responding, sometimes a command without (any) expected response & sometimes in a ctd.

most of my voxkeys are of compound keys executing lua's via fsuipc5.

the following samples may help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwokvf9ayejv6ez/karen gate.vscr?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kn6hit6elffbdx/karen lining up.vscr?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/94r5sgv6ipan3rw/various.vkp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxxw488d7om8isx/various.xml?dl=0

Can you post your [Voices] section in mce.ini? Thanks

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

Can you post your [Voices] section in mce.ini? Thanks

gerald

thanks for your reply.

yesterday's.............. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqsfg52tcv9iv40/mce.ini?dl=0

today's....................https://www.dropbox.com/s/fg8cyv43peano90/mce (2).ini?dl=0

so now I have one & the same voice on mce command & voxkey responses & 2 "okays" on startup, both by Karen. i twigged the early second voice was anna which i suspect was picked by mce as she is #1 on mce's list of my TTS voices.

as for the ctd's, that seems to be a nuance of P3DV4 compared with FSX (i think) ..... fsuipc5 key release is not compatible with mce voxkey it seems in the former. just need to separate lua's to separate push only keys & all's well (again).

heads up !

for now, cheers

john martin

A little while ago I reported aircraft not being recognised by MCE and fixed the issue by putting their location into the cfgpaths.dat file and adding "NoScan=1" to the MCE.ini file as suggested in the reply to my post.

The work round works fine..however, I have been working with the new, to P3dv4, PMDG DC6 and cannot get  MCE to recognise it at all.

The a/c location reference in the Dat file is correct, the aircraft.cgf files are in the right places but I keep getting the "could not retrieve information for this current aircraft" message if I try to use MCE with a DC 6.

All other a/c are fine, problem is just with the DC 6.

Could there be an issue with the aircraft.cfg file information format, or something? Or are some a/c just not suitable to work with MCE....or is it me again doing something silly?

11 minutes ago, john1383 said:

A little while ago I reported aircraft not being recognised by MCE and fixed the issue by putting their location into the cfgpaths.dat file and adding "NoScan=1" to the MCE.ini file as suggested in the reply to my post.

The work round works fine..however, I have been working with the new, to P3dv4, PMDG DC6 and cannot get  MCE to recognise it at all.

The a/c location reference in the Dat file is correct, the aircraft.cgf files are in the right places but I keep getting the "could not retrieve information for this current aircraft" message if I try to use MCE with a DC 6.

All other a/c are fine, problem is just with the DC 6.

Could there be an issue with the aircraft.cfg file information format, or something? Or are some a/c just not suitable to work with MCE....or is it me again doing something silly?

No issue.

Remember, when you disable aircraft.cfg file detection, the new aircraft you installed won't be detected.

Save the path to real air aircraft from existing cfgPaths.dat

Re-enable detection in order to generate an up to date file, with path to DC6 listed.

Add your entry for Real air aircraft and disable auto-detection.

Note: Don't expect much FO functionality with DC6 other than maybe assistance with gear, flaps and radios tuning.

Gerald, I have done what you say but MCE still  doesn't want to see the DC6.

I can't see anything wrong with my files so I will put them here in case your expert eye can find a flaw!

MCE.ini:

[WINDOW]
Left=11
Top=407
NoActivate=1  //(1 to make sure MCE doesn't take the focus out of the sim, when the UI is clicked, 0 otherwise)
NoSound=0  //(set value 1 if you want to cut the various UI sounds emitted when clicking buttons or MCE minimises)
NoFullScreenDraw=0 //(set to 1, to avoid the occasional graphics artefacts than can happen when MCE UI tries to draw, and the sim is in full screen mode)
StartToTray=0  //(set to 1, and every time MCE starts, the UI will not appear unless you click on the icon in system tray)

[FEATURES]
ExecuteCaptainOrders=1
ReadCheckListWhenAsked=0
PilotSpeaksToAtc=0
CopilotReportsFailures=0
EnableInterfaceVoice=0

[OPTIONS]
NoScan=1
Debug=0   //(only set this to 1 when instructd by support)
PilotIsBVI=0  //(must be set to 1 for Blind Visually Impaired Pilots)
UIlanguage=1033
MikeTuneOnStartup=0
EnableOptimizations=1
AutoStartWithFS=0
MinimizeToTray=0
MoreResponsive=1
TrainingCompleted=1
RandomFailures=0
TweakFsConfig=0
AtcMikeUseIvao=0
ForceCopilot=1
AudioIn=
AudioOut=
PilotName=john   
ShowCommands=1
ForceCommands=0   //(deprecated. Do not use)
DisplayTime=3000
UseMacros=1   //(must be set to 1 For VoxKey to work)
UseNarrator=0
LoudData=0
EnableAnnouncements=0
UseVoxScripts=1
DisableNagging=1
GroundServicesMode=Native
NoBadLanguage=1
NoFMAcallouts=1
NoEngineStartCallouts=1
AllowActionOnEvent=0
V1CalloutIsGO=0   //(Enable this to follow Lufthansa standard call-out procedures. PNF calls-out Go instead of V one)
ReduceChatter=0   //(Enable this if you want to cutout on the amount of FO speech. FO would be more concise)

[PROFICIENCY]
Level=3

[SPEECH]
Volume=100
CpuUsage=75
SpeechPace=675
InprocReco=1
DisablePitchChange=0
MaxConcurrentTasks=4
NumLockKeyMutesReco=0

[SKILL]
Tol3=030,030,400,900,100,100,100,050
Tol2=020,020,200,700,075,075,075,030
Tol1=010,010,100,500,050,050,050,020
Tol0=005,005,050,300,025,025,025,010

[VOICES]
Voice0 =Clive,0,0,0,1
Voice1 =Trav,0,0,0,1
Voice2 =Stella,0,0,0,1
Voice3 =William,0,0,0,1
Voice4 =Microsoft David Desktop,0,0,0,0

[ATC]
Mode=Native
PreventNativeATCCancellation=0
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=1
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=1
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=1
UseRadarContact=0
IgnoreRC4Registry=0 //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=
IgnorePFERegistry=0 //(Set this to 1 when PFE isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
PFEpath=
IgnoreFlightPlan=0
FlightPlansPath=
FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0
FoAlwaysDialsAfs=0

[SIMCONTROL]
FsPanels=0
FsMenus=0
FsDialogs=1
FsKneeboard=0
ViewsAndViewpoint=0

[GAMEPAD]
JoyManID=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
JoyProdID=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
JoyButton=3
UseWithVoxATC=0  //(set to 1 if you want to use the same joystick assignment with VoxATC. It will ensure FO doesn't listen to your speech while the joystick button is held down using VoxATC)

[GO-FLIGHT]
Use=1   //(set to 1 for MCE to monitor the manual radio dialling process. Whether you do that via mouse-clicks or by rotating Go-Flight or other hardware modules)
TimeOut=3000  //(sets the amount of time in milliseconds that must elapse after you last click on the radio switches in VC panel, or physically rotate a button on the radio rack, before MCE assumes you are finished with dialling. Values between 2000 and 5000 are accepted)

[CHECKLIST]
NoStateCheck=0  //(when set to 1, co-pilot will just read the checklist aloud, wait for any answer and move on, without challenging you on any item. Useful for people running simpits with hardware switches. It can be difficult for FO to read these)
Strict=1   //(set to 1 if you want FO to be very professional with the checklist. Cuts out the banter)

[MECHANIC]
PushWithGSXandAES=0

[RAMP]
NoRampToOfficeTalk=0
NoPaxDoorsAutoHandling=0
NoCargoDoorsAutoHandling=0

[PACE]
ActionDelay=1500     //The simulated delay that takes place before FO takes action. Values from 0 to 4000 milliseconds)
MCPdial=100    //The pace at which FO increments or decrements MCP values from 100 to 250 milliseconds). Doesn't apply to some aircraft where the value is hard coded
ButtonPress=800    //The simulated time in milliseconds it takes the FO to flip a single switch. Values 500 to 2500 are accepted
VoxKeyAction=1000  //The delay in milliseconds between two consecutive VoxKey actions. Valid entries 0 to 4000.

[SPLASH]
NoSound=0

[VATSIM]
NotifyPTTstate=0

[PILOTS]

[MISC]
Path=G:\P3DV4\MCE

[TERMINATE]

and cfgpaths.dat:

G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_100_FLOAT\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_100_WHEEL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_AMPHIB\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_FLOAT\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_SKIWHEEL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_TUNDRA\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Civ\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mil\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-5_Mil\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-6A_Civ\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-6A_Dan\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-6A_Mil\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY_5A_Mil_Torp\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo Extra300S P3D\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Beech_King_Air_350\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Bombardier_CRJ_700\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\C130J_AI\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado A36 BONANZA P3D\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Commercial_Airliner\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\DH_Dash8_100\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-14\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-16A\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-16AM\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-16C\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F15\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F16\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F35A\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Fury_1500\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Grumman_Goose_G21A\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_C69\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_electra_10\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_L049\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_L049\L049_Paintkit\JF_L049_PAINTKIT\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\KAI_T50\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Lear45\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Maule_M7_260C\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Maule_M7_260C_Ski\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MilViz_P38_L\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Mooney_Acclaim\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Mooney_Bravo\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV-22\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PA28_180\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Piper_J3Cub\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-900NGX\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-900NGX WL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400BCF\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400D\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400ER\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400ERF\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400F\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400M\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777F\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6A\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6B\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG P8A Poseidon\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\RQ170\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Tornado\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TU-95\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Misc\Spaceshuttle\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Misc\TBM_Avenger_Ghost\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\CH-46\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\CH-53e\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\H-60 (Virtavia)\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\UH-60\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Submersible\UnderwaterResearchLabSubmarine\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\WOS_lo49\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_piper_PA24_250_Comanche\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_T6_Texan\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\realair\simobjects\airplanes\realair Duke Turbine V2\aircraft.cfg

Any clues!?

I tend to use MCE for carrying out basic orders from the pilot so I don't expect much functionality in the DC6.

John

1 hour ago, john1383 said:

Gerald, I have done what you say but MCE still  doesn't want to see the DC6.

I can't see anything wrong with my files so I will put them here in case your expert eye can find a flaw!

MCE.ini:

[WINDOW]
Left=11
Top=407
NoActivate=1  //(1 to make sure MCE doesn't take the focus out of the sim, when the UI is clicked, 0 otherwise)
NoSound=0  //(set value 1 if you want to cut the various UI sounds emitted when clicking buttons or MCE minimises)
NoFullScreenDraw=0 //(set to 1, to avoid the occasional graphics artefacts than can happen when MCE UI tries to draw, and the sim is in full screen mode)
StartToTray=0  //(set to 1, and every time MCE starts, the UI will not appear unless you click on the icon in system tray)

[FEATURES]
ExecuteCaptainOrders=1
ReadCheckListWhenAsked=0
PilotSpeaksToAtc=0
CopilotReportsFailures=0
EnableInterfaceVoice=0

[OPTIONS]
NoScan=1
Debug=0   //(only set this to 1 when instructd by support)
PilotIsBVI=0  //(must be set to 1 for Blind Visually Impaired Pilots)
UIlanguage=1033
MikeTuneOnStartup=0
EnableOptimizations=1
AutoStartWithFS=0
MinimizeToTray=0
MoreResponsive=1
TrainingCompleted=1
RandomFailures=0
TweakFsConfig=0
AtcMikeUseIvao=0
ForceCopilot=1
AudioIn=
AudioOut=
PilotName=john   
ShowCommands=1
ForceCommands=0   //(deprecated. Do not use)
DisplayTime=3000
UseMacros=1   //(must be set to 1 For VoxKey to work)
UseNarrator=0
LoudData=0
EnableAnnouncements=0
UseVoxScripts=1
DisableNagging=1
GroundServicesMode=Native
NoBadLanguage=1
NoFMAcallouts=1
NoEngineStartCallouts=1
AllowActionOnEvent=0
V1CalloutIsGO=0   //(Enable this to follow Lufthansa standard call-out procedures. PNF calls-out Go instead of V one)
ReduceChatter=0   //(Enable this if you want to cutout on the amount of FO speech. FO would be more concise)

[PROFICIENCY]
Level=3

[SPEECH]
Volume=100
CpuUsage=75
SpeechPace=675
InprocReco=1
DisablePitchChange=0
MaxConcurrentTasks=4
NumLockKeyMutesReco=0

[SKILL]
Tol3=030,030,400,900,100,100,100,050
Tol2=020,020,200,700,075,075,075,030
Tol1=010,010,100,500,050,050,050,020
Tol0=005,005,050,300,025,025,025,010

[VOICES]
Voice0 =Clive,0,0,0,1
Voice1 =Trav,0,0,0,1
Voice2 =Stella,0,0,0,1
Voice3 =William,0,0,0,1
Voice4 =Microsoft David Desktop,0,0,0,0

[ATC]
Mode=Native
PreventNativeATCCancellation=0
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=1
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=1
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=1
UseRadarContact=0
IgnoreRC4Registry=0 //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=
IgnorePFERegistry=0 //(Set this to 1 when PFE isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
PFEpath=
IgnoreFlightPlan=0
FlightPlansPath=
FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0
FoAlwaysDialsAfs=0

[SIMCONTROL]
FsPanels=0
FsMenus=0
FsDialogs=1
FsKneeboard=0
ViewsAndViewpoint=0

[GAMEPAD]
JoyManID=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
JoyProdID=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
JoyButton=3
UseWithVoxATC=0  //(set to 1 if you want to use the same joystick assignment with VoxATC. It will ensure FO doesn't listen to your speech while the joystick button is held down using VoxATC)

[GO-FLIGHT]
Use=1   //(set to 1 for MCE to monitor the manual radio dialling process. Whether you do that via mouse-clicks or by rotating Go-Flight or other hardware modules)
TimeOut=3000  //(sets the amount of time in milliseconds that must elapse after you last click on the radio switches in VC panel, or physically rotate a button on the radio rack, before MCE assumes you are finished with dialling. Values between 2000 and 5000 are accepted)

[CHECKLIST]
NoStateCheck=0  //(when set to 1, co-pilot will just read the checklist aloud, wait for any answer and move on, without challenging you on any item. Useful for people running simpits with hardware switches. It can be difficult for FO to read these)
Strict=1   //(set to 1 if you want FO to be very professional with the checklist. Cuts out the banter)

[MECHANIC]
PushWithGSXandAES=0

[RAMP]
NoRampToOfficeTalk=0
NoPaxDoorsAutoHandling=0
NoCargoDoorsAutoHandling=0

[PACE]
ActionDelay=1500     //The simulated delay that takes place before FO takes action. Values from 0 to 4000 milliseconds)
MCPdial=100    //The pace at which FO increments or decrements MCP values from 100 to 250 milliseconds). Doesn't apply to some aircraft where the value is hard coded
ButtonPress=800    //The simulated time in milliseconds it takes the FO to flip a single switch. Values 500 to 2500 are accepted
VoxKeyAction=1000  //The delay in milliseconds between two consecutive VoxKey actions. Valid entries 0 to 4000.

[SPLASH]
NoSound=0

[VATSIM]
NotifyPTTstate=0

[PILOTS]

[MISC]
Path=G:\P3DV4\MCE

[TERMINATE]

and cfgpaths.dat:

G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_100_FLOAT\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_100_WHEEL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_AMPHIB\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_FLOAT\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_SKIWHEEL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_TUNDRA\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Civ\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mil\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-5_Mil\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-6A_Civ\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-6A_Dan\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-6A_Mil\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY_5A_Mil_Torp\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo Extra300S P3D\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Beech_King_Air_350\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Bombardier_CRJ_700\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\C130J_AI\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado A36 BONANZA P3D\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Commercial_Airliner\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\DH_Dash8_100\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-14\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-16A\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-16AM\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-16C\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F15\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F16\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F35A\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Fury_1500\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Grumman_Goose_G21A\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_C69\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_electra_10\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_L049\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_L049\L049_Paintkit\JF_L049_PAINTKIT\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\KAI_T50\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Lear45\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Maule_M7_260C\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Maule_M7_260C_Ski\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MilViz_P38_L\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Mooney_Acclaim\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Mooney_Bravo\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV-22\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PA28_180\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Piper_J3Cub\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-900NGX\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-900NGX WL\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400BCF\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400D\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400ER\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400ERF\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400F\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400M\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-200LR\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777F\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG P8A Poseidon\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\RQ170\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Tornado\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\TU-95\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Misc\Spaceshuttle\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Misc\TBM_Avenger_Ghost\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\CH-46\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\CH-53e\aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\H-60 (Virtavia)\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\UH-60\Aircraft.cfg
G:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Submersible\UnderwaterResearchLabSubmarine\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\WOS_lo49\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_piper_PA24_250_Comanche\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_T6_Texan\aircraft.cfg
c:\users\john\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\realair\simobjects\airplanes\realair Duke Turbine V2\aircraft.cfg

Any clues!?

I tend to use MCE for carrying out basic orders from the pilot so I don't expect much functionality in the DC6.

John

These 2 appear to be connected to DC6

Yes I know, but although both these files, the dat and the ini, seem to be correct when I start MCE with a DC6  loaded into p3dv4, I always get the "no retrieval of information" message.

That is the mystery.

Not a big problem, I can do without MCE and the DC6, I just wonder why it doesn't work with it.

John

1 hour ago, john1383 said:

Yes I know, but although both these files, the dat and the ini, seem to be correct when I start MCE with a DC6  loaded into p3dv4, I always get the "no retrieval of information" message.

That is the mystery.

Not a big problem, I can do without MCE and the DC6, I just wonder why it doesn't work with it.

John

One possible explanation...

You may have loaded an aircraft livery that didn't yet register its section [fltsim.X] in "aircraft.cfg"

Go through the "aircraft.cfg" file and look at those sections for

[fltsim.1]

"title=whatever_livery"

[fltsim.2]

"title=whatever_livery"

Make sure the aircraft loaded in the sim has the relevant section listed.

Sometimes, due to Windows folder permissions, P3D/FSX may not be allowed to edit the file.

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

One possible explanation...

You may have loaded an aircraft livery that didn't yet register its section [fltsim.X] in "aircraft.cfg"

Go through the "aircraft.cfg" file and look at those sections for

[fltsim.1]

"title=whatever_livery"

[fltsim.2]

"title=whatever_livery"

Make sure the aircraft loaded in the sim has the relevant section listed.

Sometimes, due to Windows folder permissions, P3D/FSX may not be allowed to edit the file.

Spot on again, Gerald.

Due to me uninstalling and reinstalling the DC6, for another  reason, and in the process a new cfg file was produced by the PMDG livery manager to install my chosen liveries the old cfg  was named "old" and kept in the directory.

I renamed the new cfg file to "new" and renamed the "old" one just to "cfg" and MCE is happy again.

I am not sure why but MCE was not seeing the new cfg file which seems to be the same as the old one but not to worry, it is working now!

Thanks again for your help.

John